https://kanaalz.knack.be/nieuws/walibi-heropent-op-een-kwart-van-z-n-capaciteit/video-normal-1616365.html

Some details about Walibi Belgium is the above article:

• The park lost approx €15m during Belgium's lockdown. Like some parks here, they hadn't yet opened before the Lockdowns started, and only opened on Wednesday
  • The new Intamin Mega is a €25m investment in total, and the ride is on track to open in April next year
  • That is of course part of a €100m investment plan of the park. This plan was to take place between 2018-2023, but the park have confirmed this will now be finished by 2025. I don't think that's totally down to Covid either, as plans for last year and this year had been delayed 
  • Compaigne des Alpes, the parent company who own all Walibi parks as well as Parc Asterix, took out a €200m loan during Lockdown
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The colours Colossus should be

A couple of nice aerial shots, sourced from looopings... It appears as though the splash zone is a platform just off the main path which is nice.     Also, a video o

I'd be umm-ing and err-ing about whether to make a thread for Walibi Belgium, but their new coaster is intriguing me more and more, so figured I may as well...   Pulsar, opening in early June, is a

Posted Images

We have some lovely dark green track onsite:

The animation released at IAAPA in 2018 showed red track, but I believe that was just for ease of show. I'm under the impression the layout is unchanged.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Screenshot_20201115-171502_Instagram.thumb.jpg.b2cfe5c7358668663b5ce54f73e705e6.jpgScreenshot_20201115-171517_Instagram.thumb.jpg.1a4f80551295f104cc1688c8110c19e3.jpgTrains now on track for the new Intamin mega coaster. 

The rumoured name for this thing going around seems to be "Mata" and the theming will be heavily african inspired.

This aswell as the new Plopsa spinner seems to make Belgium must do next season.....assuming this blasted pandemic and the restrictions that come with it ease off ofcourse 

Trains look great. Ride looks great. Theming looks great. Everything looks great.

I've heard the rumours about Mata being the name, but some people seem unconvinced. I'm not sure it's the best name out there, so hoping for something else.

But yeah, very much looking forward to this.

48 minutes ago, JoshC. said:

I've heard the rumours about Mata being the name, but some people seem unconvinced. I'm not sure it's the best name out there, so hoping for something else.

I dont see anything the Mata with that name at all...

*crickets chirping

Ok I will leave