Jobs at Thorpe Park

RyanBeatsMinty07

• 1 month later...

What Dept you apply for ? as some dept's wont be taking peeps until late feb/ early march

No specific department, because they ask you to put in order of preference what dept you woul like to work for.. I put1) R&A2) Customer Service3) F&B4) RetailI then got 2 emails stating they will reply in the new year, after the 4th of January because thats when Recruitment get back after christmas! :D

yeah the HR girls don't come back until the 4th so thats when they'll "recruit" people but don't get your hopes up for going in R&A in your 1st year there, and if you don't wanna stay well over an hour after park shuts don't apply for F&B or Retail :Dbut I do wish ya luck with thorpe and your interview and that :D and hope to see ya in 2010

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you are successful after an interview / assessment, what sort of training or induction takes places for jobs in R&A? (Ride Host, not Operator)For example, do you do something like shadow someone for a day to learn how its done? Or is it more like you just get an hour long training session? for example.Even better, if anyone who has been through the whole process could briefly explain what happens after the interview / assessment day, I would be greatly thankful. I've skimmed the forums, and all I can see that people have talked about is hearing whether they've got the job or not after the interview / assessment. But, what happens after that before you actually start working?

If you are successful after an interview / assessment, what sort of training or induction takes places for jobs in R&A? (Ride Host, not Operator)For example, do you do something like shadow someone for a day to learn how its done? Or is it more like you just get an hour long training session? for example.Even better, if anyone who has been through the whole process could briefly explain what happens after the interview / assessment day, I would be greatly thankful. I've skimmed the forums, and all I can see that people have talked about is hearing whether they've got the job or not after the interview / assessment. But, what happens after that before you actually start working?

Although I worked in Commercial, as far as I am aware, you will shadow an experienced member of staff and they will then advise you on what to do. I've witnessed new staff doing this at Thorpe, I too went through both a training session and shadowing at Legoland, when I worked in Rides & Attractions.If you are successful after your Assessment Centre, the park will contact you, usually via Phone, but sometimes in writing, letting you know if you have been successful or not. It's really that simple. If you are successful, all Seasonal Hosts are required to attend a Park & Company Induction. Regarding this, there is good news, and then there's bad news. The Good News, is that you will be paid for attending the Park & Company Induction. The bad news is the Induction lasts just over 6 hours, so that's a whole day. Following this long duration are the windows at the back of the room, which give a view of the park, which means you can only watch the rides, and you are not allowed to go on them for the whole day. There is however a moment where you will be sent onto the park with a map to go and answer several questions which all fanboys will be able to answer.The Induction for all Fanboys will be pretty much pointless. 98% of the Information you will be told/given you are more than likely to already know. But there is important information regarding the *actual* job at points. Usually you will collect your Uniform on the same day, provided you have filled out your Uniform Form and sent it back to Cast Reception before the Induction. You will also receive your locker key with your Uniform. The day is enjoyable, especially as you will be able to meet colleagues, make friends and make play-doh Thorpe Park Families (picture below). After all this, you will then be told when your first day of work is, if you haven't already been told. Then you get to go home! But don't try going onto the park, its forbidden.One flaw I'd like to point out about the park, is that you will have a tonne of stuff to carry home, and the best part, is that they dont provide you with a carrier bag! You will have to carry it all home in your hands! They did offer a Black Bag though! NICE! :P I can go into even more detail, giving you information on exact activities etc. If you want to know these, just PM me. But thats the general jist of it. :PThorpe Park Play-Doh FamilyPosted Image

Thanks very much! :huh:It all sounds quite simple actually. A couple of other questions: So the induction day is sometime during the main season I guess? And when you talked about 'shadowing a member of staff', is that on the same day as the induction? It would certainly be a lot easier it everything after the assessment centre was on the same day!

Thanks very much! :huh:It all sounds quite simple actually. A couple of other questions: So the induction day is sometime during the main season I guess? And when you talked about 'shadowing a member of staff', is that on the same day as the induction? It would certainly be a lot easier it everything after the assessment centre was on the same day!

Majority of the staff that are there on Opening Day are Returning Staff from the previous season. My Induction was on the official opening day last year. Most of my attention was fixed onto the actors that were running around admissions. That was interesting.Your first day of work, which is of course, after the Induction will be the day when you Shadow an Experienced Member of Staff.

Majority of the staff that are there on Opening Day are Returning Staff from the previous season. My Induction was on the official opening day last year. Most of my attention was fixed onto the actors that were running around admissions. That was interesting.Your first day of work, which is of course, after the Induction will be the day when you Shadow an Experienced Member of Staff.

Oh ok, thanks. :P

Then you get to go home! But don't try going onto the park, its forbidden.One flaw I'd like to point out about the park, is that you will have a tonne of stuff to carry home, and the best part, is that they dont provide you with a carrier bag! You will have to carry it all home in your hands! They did offer a Black Bag though! NICE! :P

So... they did offer you a bag then.