Jobs at Thorpe Park

RyanBeatsMinty07

Hey I'm dan got an email a last week saying that my application has been accepted and I will receive details shortly about the dates for my assessment and interview. Hopefully should go well, anyone else in the same boat? (hoping for R&A)

I'm in the same boat, applied for R&A on Wednesday. Just waiting on the email now. :D Congrats on your application being accepted though!

Grr... Just few more years, I will probably try and work at chessie though :D

I did think about applying for chessie but I never did in the end and stuck with thorpe. Can anyone give me some details on how the whole assessment centre works and where it is held? They did also call it a recruitment event, is this the same thing?

I did think about applying for chessie but I never did in the end and stuck with thorpe. Can anyone give me some details on how the whole assessment centre works and where it is held? They did also call it a recruitment event, is this the same thing?

I will tell you about it, from the information that other members of this forum have given me. I personally haven't been through the process myself. On the day, you will go to the Assessment Centre at the park, and you will complete various activities throughout the day, in both groups and individually. During the day, assessors are looking for enthusiasm, and how you work with other people in a team (which is essential in R&A). Following the assessment, will be an interview on a one-to-one basis. Don't worry, the days are designed to be a lot of fun, and you should meet lots of new people. The assessment days are a fantastic opportunity to show what a great asset to the THORPE PARK team you would be. So, make sure you take the opportunity! The main thing, is to relax and enjoy yourself. Be yourself, and let them see why you would be perfect for the job. Within 14 days after attending an Assessment / Interview, you will be telephoned to tell you whether you have the job or not.

I will tell you about it, from the information that other members of this forum have given me. I personally haven't been through the process myself. On the day, you will go to the Assessment Centre at the park, and you will complete various activities throughout the day, in both groups and individually. During the day, assessors are looking for enthusiasm, and how you work with other people in a team (which is essential in R&A). Following the assessment, will be an interview on a one-to-one basis. Don't worry, the days are designed to be a lot of fun, and you should meet lots of new people. The assessment days are a fantastic opportunity to show what a great asset to the THORPE PARK team you would be. So, make sure you take the opportunity! The main thing, is to relax and enjoy yourself. Be yourself, and let them see why you would be perfect for the job. Within 14 days after attending an Assessment / Interview, you will be telephoned to tell you whether you have the job or not.

Wow thanks for that. Sounds like quite a good experience and I have been told a work well in a team so thats good.

I'll apply when I get a car sorted. I'm a new driver and I'd have a 50 - 90 min journey each way to Thorpe (live just above the south downs in W.Sussex on the A24). But I am prepared for that journey. When I get round to it, I hope to go for R&A and work it all around the remainder of my 6th Form time. Just to make it more interesting, I have a bad back (doesn't effect me at all though other than really heavy lifting) and I am not the most confident person ever... but I have the enthusiasm for this job and to work hard... what would they rather.

I Know exactly how you feel! Only just you wait, if you are invited back next season and return, you may end up having to organize it all over again yourself! Rather than the park call you to tell you whats going on, ugh, annoying Lego :(

Lol, every day when I get home from school the first thing I do is open my hotmail up, check my inbox. I'm usually ok during school, but as soon as I start walking home the thought of having an email pops into my head, I almost run home! :( (That's a bit on an exaggeration!)Today at school, there was a constant mechanics sound going loudly all day, it didn't help that it sounded identical to Tidal's chain lift! :angry: