Jobs at Thorpe Park

RyanBeatsMinty07

Can I just correct the confusion here. On the council website, it states that under 16's are not permitted to work in traveling fairs, fairgrounds, amusement arcades etc. Theme parks (permanant attractions) are in general an exception to this, however Thorpe Park as stated on the email reply posted by Tim is one attraction that does not employ under 16's. Thorpe doesn't, yet this doesn't mean that other parks don't.

I only believed it because I went on www.thorpeparkjobs.com and there was a job as a ride attendant and it said at the top:"Sorry but we are currently not taking on anyone under the age of 18"I'm confused ;)

For certain jobs you have to be 18, but for other jobs you can be 16, I think its for healt and saftey.

I only believed it because I went on www.thorpeparkjobs.com and there was a job as a ride attendant and it said at the top:"Sorry but we are currently not taking on anyone under the age of 18"I'm confused ;)

"The Park is open late during the Fright Nights period and the vast majority of the roles involve working beyond 10pm – for legal reasons, you’ll need to be over 18 for these positions."This doesnt mean they wont take people on if you are under 18. It does however mean that you are more likely to be successful if you are over 18. Purely because then you dont have restrictions on when you can work

• 2 months later...

Yes you can get a job there at 16 but if you want to do rides you can't do Ride operating till your 18, only hosting. Also Thorpe follow the Child and Young Workers Regulations when recruiting those under 18.

Hmm, yeah spose thats fair enough.although it would be great to be ride operating at 16!