Jobs at Thorpe Park

RyanBeatsMinty07

• 1 month later...

I hope to get Sat job at Chessington via public transport when 16 and then when finish Sixth form at 18 and learn to drive I will get job at thorpe. Tbh it would take ages via train, and cost! east croydon to clapham then clapham to Staines, aswell as bus, driving soo much easier. Although it takes 1 hour to drive.

I live in Kent, and it takes me about 90 minutes by car to get to Thorpe Park. I would love to try and get a Saturday job next year. Does anyone know what the general working hours are? Or are they very flexible?And do many people work for full days, because I would be happy to do that and it would make my life a lot easier if I could stay for the entire day. (Hence actually making the 90 minute car journey there and back worthwhile). Also, it would cost around £30 for a return train ticket to Thorpe Park from Sittingbourne, so if I was to be making around £5.80 per hour and worked for a whole day, I would probably make about £40. This leaves me with £10 profit, which doesn’t seem much, but I would be happy with it, seeing as I already have a pretty regular part-time job that is very well paid. I don’t really want to work at Thorpe Park for the money. I would love to work there simply for the experience, seeing as I have never worked in anything similar before.

I live in Kent, and it takes me about 90 minutes by car to get to Thorpe Park. I would love to try and get a Saturday job next year. Does anyone know what the general working hours are? Or are they very flexible?And do many people work for full days, because I would be happy to do that and it would make my life a lot easier if I could stay for the entire day. (Hence actually making the 90 minute car journey there and back worthwhile). Also, it would cost around £30 for a return train ticket to Thorpe Park from Sittingbourne, so if I was to be making around £5.80 per hour and worked for a whole day, I would probably make about £40. This leaves me with £10 profit, which doesn’t seem much, but I would be happy with it, seeing as I already have a pretty regular part-time job that is very well paid. I don’t really want to work at Thorpe Park for the money. I would love to work there simply for the experience, seeing as I have never worked in anything similar before.

Hey I live in kent too (Beckenham area) and takes me 1hour via Car. I wouldn't get train to thorpe if worked there cos of the hastle with bus 950 and everything. Yeah 10 pound a week there ain't good really but it job of lifetime! I will be working there full time when 18. I too have to think about my overall income for petrol must cost about .... I not sure for 1 hour drive, 2 in total. You just have to think if you want to give up that much money for travel when you already have job nearby.

Hey I live in kent too (Beckenham area) and takes me 1hour via Car. I wouldn't get train to thorpe if worked there cos of the hastle with bus 950 and everything. Yeah 10 pound a week there ain't good really but it job of lifetime! I will be working there full time when 18. I too have to think about my overall income for petrol must cost about .... I not sure for 1 hour drive, 2 in total. You just have to think if you want to give up that much money for travel when you already have job nearby.

Well the thing is, I work as a mobile DJ in the evenings, which I also enjoy and is very local. I am very busy at the moment, and am probably earning more than I would be at any other part-time job. So earning an extra £10 a week, AND getting to work at Thorpe! I really wouldn't mind working all day for £10.

Guys here current positions available recently! :S=Seasonal P=Permanent * Administration (p) * Admissions (s) * Car Parking (s) * Customer Assistant (s) * Food & Beverage (s) * Merchandising / Retail (s) * Presentations (p) * Rides & Attractions (s) * Sales and Promotions (s) * Warehouse (s)Get signing up if you interested!

Guys here current positions available recently! :S=Seasonal P=Permanent * Administration (p) * Admissions (s) * Car Parking (s) * Customer Assistant (s) * Food & Beverage (s) * Merchandising / Retail (s) * Presentations (p) * Rides & Attractions (s) * Sales and Promotions (s) * Warehouse (s)Get signing up if you interested!

I wouldn't be able to work until next season, because I am only 15 now, and my birthday is in October. Do you think it's worth showing my interest now, and getting in with a chance nice and early?

I wouldn't be able to work until next season, because I am only 15 now, and my birthday is in October. Do you think it's worth showing my interest now, and getting in with a chance nice and early?

To be honest I would doubt they would accept, it is a bit early. I would wait till Jan/Feb time next year to sign up when your 16, but what do I know lol, go for it , But I think there arn't that many places available , just for few people who they need. The train journey also a long time I bet. Just make sure it what you want.

To be honest I would doubt they would accept, it is a bit early. I would wait till Jan/Feb time next year to sign up when your 16, but what do I know lol, go for it , But I think there arn't that many places available , just for few people who they need. The train journey also a long time I bet. Just make sure it what you want.

Thanks for the advice! I suppose that there arn't any other cheaper methods of transport?

Wait till your 16 then worry about it mate :)

I know it seems a long way off, but it could be less than a year away, and if there are no plausable methods of transport, then there's not really any point in considering filling in an application. I am going to start looking into it soon.Does anyone know of an email address that I can contact, if I just have an enquiry about applying for a job? (I don't want to actually apply for a role, just ask a question).

Thanks for the advice! I suppose that there arn't any other cheaper methods of transport?

I wouldn't be working there till 5 years odd but I still planning early :) And I think car/train and bus are only methods of getting there from kent. And I think Work Experience only is at Legoland and Chessington, I rang up about it and they said no for thorpe park but ring up in the January/Febuary of year my Work Experience is and then organise it for Chessington.

Tbh the best time to apply to Thorpe is once you've finished yr 11 and are no longer in cumpulsory education.

For me that when leave 6 form :) I think my parents be very unhappy if I didn't go there and got a full time job at 16. But at least I got some A levels if I left thorpe and did another job.

Thorpe, up until now don't take on people doing work experience whilst at school. The legal / insurance restrictions makes this process too complicated. However they do take on some college age students from local colleges (mainly do Leisure and Tourism).Having worked at the park and travelled from Basingstoke (about 1hr 15 mins each direction) I would seriously not advise working there. The time and cost spent travelling in effect mean't I worked there for £15 a day (accounting for tax and NI at base rate due to being a 2nd job). That was spening £20 per day on travel and food. On fright nights it worked out even worse due to bus connections being awful and spending more money on food.

What about if you drive up there instead of train? 1 hour drive each way.