Th13teen

Sheepie

Be the first to ride Th13teen!"The article also releases details of the first to ride competition being organised by the Resort, including some bizarre experiments to prove the candidate is capable of "handling" the new ride.Candidates (who must be 18 and over!) will be offered a chance to experience the ride before its grand opening on 20th March, however not before a team of "experts" (including Celebrity Big Brother winner Alex Reid) put them through their paces in a series of "gruelling" tests, reportedly including:- A Psychometric test- Interrogation interview- 2 hr physical assessment- Rollercoaster endurance (1 hr of continuous rides on Air)- A mysteriously named ‘Midnight bootcamp’All of which is expected to take place on the 2nd and 3rd of March at the Resort.Morwenna Angove, Sales and Marketing Director at the Alton Towers Resort said: “We’re thrilled that so many people are excited about our fantastic new rollercoaster TH13TEEN but we have been inundated with requests from members of the public who want to be first on the ride. We feel this is the fairest way to choose who gets the first ride and are inviting thrill seekers across the nation to prove themselves."who thinks that this is true? & sorry I don't know how to show its taken from the mini site.

Yep, you can apply from the 3rd of Feb :wub:Anyone else think that an hour on Air isn't quite an endurance test , more of a how long can you last before you sleep test. :wub: One or two rides on it is great, but for an hour?Anyway sounds like a great event, especially in terms of marketing :)

Yea the ride will probably have lap bars

But if the ride only has lap bars & not shoulder restraints then does that mean that the ride is defiantly focusing more on the psychoaster element instead of the intensity of the actual track? Edit: just realized that space mountain at Disney only has lap bars & thats still quite a good ride :wub:.

But if the ride only has lap bars & not shoulder restraints then does that mean that the ride is defiantly focusing more on the psychoaster element instead of the intensity of the actual track? Edit: just realized that space mountain at Disney only has lap bars & thats still quite a good ride :wub:.

It's because OTSR's are only usually required when a coaster has inversions. Otherwise there isn't much need for them.

Anyone else think that an hour on Air isn't quite an endurance test , more of a how long can you last before you sleep test. :wub: One or two rides on it is great, but for an hour?

Well going back a few years probably around 2004/2005 sometime, my sister and her boyfriend stayed in the AT hotel and so were applicable for ERT and went on Air for basically the whole hour and apparently her boyfriend was sick. And I know it doesn't seem the intense but doing it a good 20-30 times in a row, think again. :)

Wow James cheers for that. I was geektastic and kept pausing the video. Trains look great, simple lap bar design, hope they're okay with my long legs! Proof will be in the riding I suppose.Alex was making me cringe in that video, ahah. When he was talking though, take a look at that air time hill- how low it is compared to the track around it. There will be some intense air time there. Noticed some lights inside the station, looks nice and creepy, let's hope not too much light creeps in from the outside. Excited? Much!Edit- actually if you look closely it does look as though there could be some kind of door that opens on dispatch.

Edited by MikeyT