Th13teen

Sheepie

I really am looking forward to this one and with more bits of news filtering through, things are making a lot more sense. "where guests will have to try and escape the all-consuming power of the creeping forest". Well, that explains why the Rita re-theme, the trains have the creeping vines all around and also the hand out reaching on the poster, with vines creeping up the arm. Sounds exciting, oh and Original! I'm glad Alton took this route now and Thorpe will get the prototype for a change!

I think they could do more theming with rita, rather than just make a the original theming (the tire) look dusty and old and adding in vines over it, what relevance does a tire have to dark forest theme with wraiths and the ancient burial ground site and the crypt like station?

well if you havent seen all the retheme yet, how can you judge?

Remember, they're spending millions on a new roller coaster, they didn't have to even touch Rita. Just shows they are very much into the presentation of their park. With so much being spent on the new ride, be glad they're spending anything more to include Rita. Looks ok in my eyes.

I think they could do more theming with rita, rather than just make a the original theming (the tire) look dusty and old and adding in vines over it, what relevance does a tire have to dark forest theme with wraiths and the ancient burial ground site and the crypt like station?

I think the park are being very clever, and only showing a little bit of what is actually happening. Remember, you do have the control cabin. That looks very nicely themed. There could be more theming elements to be put in the surrounding area and the queue line. However, I think the key to a successful Rita retheme HAS to be the audio. Depending on what ride theme they are actually going for, the audio could be pivotal and explain a lot of the back story to the ride. Perhaps they have gone for the whole idea that the Dark Forest is consuming the land, hence why there are loads of vines and a dusty effect made.EDIT TO POST BELOW: Sorry, I knew I read somewhere. I'm just having a bit of a bad day today - my apologies.

But to me it just seems lame, I know there spending lots of money but if your going to retheme the area then at least do it properly to me it seems like oh we can't think up anything else so just amke it look run down and stick some vines on it, I don't see the relevance to a tire in what is supposed to be a cursed cryptic dark forest area.The curse being unleashed out into the area is an okish idea I guess but it's like doing something half heartedly, I'm trying to think of ways to describe my point....it's like thinking oh my hallway looks a bit boring but I can't really be bothered to do anything about it so I'll paint one half one colour and leave the other half as it is, if you get what I mean, there leaving what was there and slightly changing it and to me it doesn't look very good I mean who wants a green and purple hallway (thats the way my hallway would have been if my parents wanted to change the colours of my hallway but only could be bothered to paint half of it).

But to me it just seems lame, I know there spending lots of money but if your going to retheme the area then at least do it properly...

I felt the same way as you at first, but have grown to like the theme. I see it as Thirteen having it's own separate story, but the Dark Forest itself is an area that is being reclaimed by nature and being taken by time, therefore personifying these processes. It's quite a sinister thought.I really hope that the green shed part of Thirteen gets its supposed scaffolding and sheet covering, nobody quite understands how much it stresses me out to see unthemed tin sheds! At least with Nemesis and Colossus they sort of blend in and you don't notice them when you're on the ride.

On that clip its looks as thought the track is shaking! is like the rides at funderworld, is that supposed to happen, that certianly would be thrilling you'd think the ride is collpasing :S

The track HAS to shack. If it didn't, it would snap - then the ride would collapse. :) All coasters do it, however, I would say it is shaking much more than I've seen some others. It's probably because it is test runs and the track itself is only bi-rail. Some may say it is even the world first element - shaking track. But I won't go there... ;)

Thats what I was wondering alot of people did say that the worlds first element was something to do with the track and I thought might be that althought that would be quite a let down if it where, so I think it will be like what you said.It's like funderworld, I don't know how many others have been there but they are a travelling theme park and they have a roller coaster which part of the track high up wobles alot and the lights shake like there going to fall on top of you in the queue its actually quite scary.