Queue Times

treeis

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The longest I have ever queued was 2 and a half hours for Colossus earlier this year, the only reason being that the advertisement board at the entrance read 20 minutes, and I couldn't see half of the queue line from the bridge. If I'd have known it was over an hour, I wouldn't have gone near it.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in the stealth queue at the moment. Thorpe have a new system for the queue times. The times are now displayed by a key, as follows.1 - 0-30 (Quiet)2 - 30-60 (Average)3 - 60+ (Busy)how stupid is this system, so now the led boards will say either a number (1-3) or Busy/Quiet. How useless >__>P.S master iskandar wants me to let you all know I'm at the park with him today! Lolz

I'm in the stealth queue at the moment. Thorpe have a new system for the queue times. The times are now displayed by a key, as follows.1 - 0-30 (Quiet)2 - 30-60 (Average)3 - 60+ (Busy)how stupid is this system, so now the led boards will say either a number (1-3) or Busy/Quiet. How useless >__>

0-30 is quiet!I would not consider a queue 20-30 mins quiet!0-10 is quiet! :PA stupid idea! The sooner they return to the usual displays on the LED boards. The Better!

That's ridiculous, it's just to give them more leeway, the queue boards at Thorpe are always woefully unreliable and I find are more often than not completely inaccurate. I really think at all the Merlin parks, but more Thorpe, the system or a similar system to the one at Disney needs to be used. Every so often a member of staff at the entrance to the ride will hand a card to someone entering the queue, just before they ride they hand this to a member of staff in the station, they then scan it in and that figure is then advertised , maybe with 5/10 mins added to allow for delays etc.It works excellently and you can always trust that the queue is near enough to what is shown.Also I agree with Themeparkmad, 0-30 is not quiet. 30-60 is not average and 60+ should be extremely busy.

30 mins is not quiet.... Nothing - 5 min waits are "quiet". I'm sorry but its just no accurate enough... and PAPER. Atleast get a sign printed!! How tacky does it get!Edit: Is it just me, or does in the above picture look like there is a tree in the shape of NI's train on the track? lol.

Oh my god your right :P , And it's just nowhere near accurate enough, if it's 4:30 and you've got to be at the car park for 6 you could join a "Busy que" which is 60+ , I'm sorry but at Fright nights queue's are very often much more than 60+It's ridiculous just how inaccurate it is,If there using this strange ( to say the least) systemIt should be more;1- 0-152- 15-30 3- 30- 454- 45- 605- 60- 756- 75-907- 90-1058- 105-1209- 120+In which case you may aswell use the system in use before, that every single other park in the world uses, it's just another thing Thorpe can't seem to get right.I still think the answer is,

I really think at all the Merlin parks, but more Thorpe, the system or a similar system to the one at Disney needs to be used. Every so often a member of staff at the entrance to the ride will hand a card to someone entering the queue, just before they ride they hand this to a member of staff in the station, they then scan it in and that figure is then advertised , maybe with 5/10 mins added to allow for delays etc.

Wow, this is the first time I've seen this new system. I can't bring myself to understand the point of the new system, it's just confusing and unaccurate. What is wrong with having the actual queue times? It's going to be really confusing now when I look at the information board and it says: Colossus: 1SAW: 3Nemesis: 2Quantum: 1Zodiac: 2etc etc. And I agree, 30 minutes is not quiet! I usually go t the information boards to find any queue with a 5 or 10 minute wait, and then do those rides. Now, I'm actually going to have to go to each individual ride to see what the queue is like. I am so wound up by this, it's so f**king stupid!

It does though, it benefits them , the amount of times I enter a queue under the assumption its that advertised, and from experience about 75% of the time it's completely inaccurate, which I would guess would cause a lot of complaints, I think coming into this busy time of year there pretty much just insuring themselves really. However I do think this is going to cause even more complaints and I still don't get why Thorpe's queue times are always inaccurate when every other park in the world uses pretty much the same system but at least gets close enough. I'm not asking for up to the minute accuracy, just for it to be accurate enough where you know when entering a queue if your prepared to queue that long.

I don't mind this, because I can normally tell how long the queue is accurately by looking at the queue but for people who don't visit that often it will be quite annoying.

I agree with you, in that I can usually judge a queue line by looking at it. But if I'm in Lost City for example, and I want to know the queue time for Logger's Leap, I'm going to have to walk all the way over there to have a look, whereas before I could just look at the information board in Lost City and decide if I want to go on it or not. Earlier this year, the queue times displayed on the boards were definitely more accurate than previous years, and most times, I found the boards to be accurate within 5 minutes.

In my opinion, the LED signs should be able to be updated directly by the Ride Op of each ride, this way it will be constantly accurate and up to date :P

That is how the queue times are updated. The ride op watches the queue and calls the time through to the control room who update the boards from a central hub. There are also staff who walk around the park and part of their job is to monitor the boards.Also, what you have to remember is that this IS JUST A TRIAl for now, so there is every chance that before fright nights it will revert back to the old system