Corkscrew

D4n

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems a bit weird thinking its shut for good now. It was a good family ride and a bit of a queue muncher to relieve pressure on Rita. I'm sure I'd be a lot sadder about its departure if I'd been around for the start and the good old days at Alton. It was starting to fall apart though and many people find it uncomfortable and painful, and times change and its time to move on. Hopefully the new ride will be a world class coaster with great theming, and seeing how Merlin are already making positive changes e.g Mutiny Bay and Saw, it looks like we are set for something amazing.

I managed 3 rides, the last ever right in the front, due to great timing in the queueline. The other two times I was in the back, as I love getting dragged round that corner into the straight first drop. It will be sad next year when there is a hole in the centre of Ug land. The question is, how much longer will Flamingoland's Corkscrew be there for?Was a good job that the other main coasters were open, and practically walk on, apart from Spinball Whizzer with a 20 minute queue :PThe highlight I think though was the restricted access area on Corkscrew that the staff opened up, it was the first time in 28 years guests have been allowed in that area. It was the area around the final bend before the brakes, under the first turn off the lift and the bend recovering riders from the two inversions.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone interested on spending over £1600 on a front row car complete with restraints from Corkscrew can do so here!Auction ends on 12th December at 10am and proceeds will be donated towards the Merlin's Magic Wand childrens charity.Don't buy it as a replacement for your sofa however.

This ride car is intended for decorative purposes only. Whilst it has previously carried passengers, due to the removal of the chassis, we do not consider it suitable as a permanent item upon which to sit in/on.

Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...