Rant

Theme Park bloke

Bye Bye Beanoland Custard Pie Fight at Chessington & ZooI was really annoyed when this happened. Chessington clearly advertised on their site that after 5PM, people could pay £1 to take part in a Custard Pie Fight in Beanoland. I went to the park on this day, if it wasn't for the event, I would have gone to THORPE PARK instead. Anyway, I got to Beanoland at 5PM, just to find out that I had to buy a wristband hours before and only twenty people were allowed to take part. TWENTY PEOPLE FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE! What were Chessington thinking? Anyway, after this event I've promised myself never to visit Chessington again. To avoid disappointment, I'll always go to THORPE PARK. :(

I think they sold 300 tickets, not 20 - ClickyTHORPE PARK will always disappoint you however if you go there to be disappointed then you can avoid disappointment by going to THORPE PARK if you know it will always be rubbish.

Got my next two Science modules tomorrow, P2 and B2. I have been revising quite a lot, but it's so annoying, having to do revision for exams and coursework and homework all at the same time. After school, it's usually not until around 9pm that I've finished all the work that has to be in for the next day. Let alone all the work that has to be done in total. It's just never ending.

Got my next two Science modules tomorrow, P2 and B2. I have been revising quite a lot, but it's so annoying, having to do revision for exams and coursework and homework all at the same time. After school, it's usually not until around 9pm that I've finished all the work that has to be in for the next day. Let alone all the work that has to be done in total. It's just never ending.

Welcome to the world of education! :(If you think that is hard, wait until college!You get practically no life for 2 years!Good luck with your exams though :(EDIT - I love the emphasis on the "and" :(

Arrrrgh this week I have SIX science exams to do and tbh I really don't feel like doing them. I feel like utter crap and tomorrow I've got to go in feeling horrible and do an hour and halve's worth of exams. And then I can't even relax and begin to feel better as on Wednesday I have 3 more science exams to do. My immune system really needs a good beating up. And my Dad is a total a-hole. And he wonders why the majority of the time my Mum, me and my sister hate him.

Arrrrgh this week I have SIX science exams to do and tbh I really don't feel like doing them. I feel like utter crap and tomorrow I've got to go in feeling horrible and do an hour and halve's worth of exams. And then I can't even relax and begin to feel better as on Wednesday I have 3 more science exams to do. My immune system really needs a good beating up.

Are you doing B2, P2 and C2 structured tomorrow, multiple choice on Wednesday?

I'm doing B1A on Thursday (everyone seems to have Science this week :( ). The weird thing is, and I don't know if this is because we're in year 9, but we don't get any coursework for it. Just do own revision online/from book. This year a gateway for what we take next year I guess lol.

I'm in Year 11 now, and my year was the first time that coursework was removed from GCSE Science. GCSE Biology, GCSE Physics and GCSE Chemistry are now all 100% Exam based courses. (I.e. No Coursework).

Ah thanks, that would explain why we only are told to revise from books/online Lol :(

No problem. It's quite good in a way, all of the exams are modules so you can retake them up to and including 3 times. (I.e.: if you want to improve, you can simply take the exam again). That's not an excuse not to revise for the first ones though! :(

The only thing with the retakes is that I found that they were always right by another major exam.For example:I was ill on one of my Science short answer papers, and I got told to retake it right before my English exam!The best thing to do is to try and attend ALL exams on time and be FULLY prepared for them!The dates they are set on are usually well planned in order for you to try to reach your maxamum potential.As Paul said - Retakes are not an excuse to just simply not revise / not turn up to the first one! :(

Haha yeah, to be honest what really annoyed me in my mock on Thursday is that there was all these variable questions that no one could get as we hadn't been taught them. Head of Science was nice and is giving revision sessions tomorrow and Tuesday to explain this. If the revision allows me to get grades to take Tripple Science next year, then so be it.

I agree with what Keith said, the retakes are usually placed with other major exams. For example, I had one of my Biology exams this time last year, and got a B so decided to retake it (I'm a perfectionist :(). The retake was on the same day as my Maths 1 exam, which was 50% of my Maths GCSE (pretty important!). Luckily I was well prepared in both exams, and got good results. But you never know....The best bet is to always try to the best of your ability on the first time round, and then use the retakes as a back up plan if you need them.

Are you doing B2, P2 and C2 structured tomorrow, multiple choice on Wednesday?

Yes! And I utterly, utterly failed them. I think I did alright in Biology but in Chemistry and Physics I opened it up and had NO clue. When will the exam board understand that I could not give a crap about Theoretical Velocity? I just sat there like :| kill me now. Oh fun and joy, more exams for me to fail on Wednesday. How did your exams go?

Yes! And I utterly, utterly failed them. I think I did alright in Biology but in Chemistry and Physics I opened it up and had NO clue. When will the exam board understand that I could not give a crap about Theoretical Velocity? I just sat there like :| kill me now. Oh fun and joy, more exams for me to fail on Wednesday. How did your exams go?

I did B2 and P2 today, I was fine with B2 but seriously failed with P2. I know what you mean, we've never been taught theoretical velocity and I was just sitting there like :D! Also on the B2 paper, loads of people in my exam missed out the 4 mark question on Meiosis on the back page. Luckily I saw it and had 5 minutes to do it, but I must have seen about 20 papers collected up with a blank page. I couldn't believe how difficult the physics paper was, I seemed to just forget everything I'd been taught in the past. But yes, Biology was quite good for me. At least we have the structured out of the way anyway, that is usually my worst one. At least with the multiple choice you have some idea of what the answer could be! ;)Can't wait for Wednesday! <_<

I did B2 and P2 today, I was fine with B2 but seriously failed with P2. I know what you mean, we've never been taught theoretical velocity and I was just sitting there like :D! Also on the B2 paper, loads of people in my exam missed out the 4 mark question on Meiosis on the back page. Luckily I saw it and had 5 minutes to do it, but I must have seen about 20 papers collected up with a blank page. I couldn't believe how difficult the physics paper was, I seemed to just forget everything I'd been taught in the past. But yes, Biology was quite good for me. At least we have the structured out of the way anyway, that is usually my worst one. At least with the multiple choice you have some idea of what the answer could be! <_<Can't wait for Wednesday! <_<

Same here, I just forgot everything about meiosis, I wrote two sentences and hoped for the best :LI really do love the multiple choice ones xD but on my Physics ones I've gotten a D and a C for last years exams (A) So I'm not hoping for much more this year. I'm completely fine with Biology and Chemistry, but something with Physics just doesn't click with me. Good luck for tomorrow (Y)

Same here, I just forgot everything about meiosis, I wrote two sentences and hoped for the best :LI really do love the multiple choice ones xD but on my Physics ones I've gotten a D and a C for last years exams (A) So I'm not hoping for much more this year. I'm completely fine with Biology and Chemistry, but something with Physics just doesn't click with me. Good luck for tomorrow (Y)

Thanks <_<And you!