what next?

Parm Pap

Question

oh well the hypes all here, but once this is clear, what will you see, in our park in Chertsey

vote now, a rolley, scarey, flatey, or anotherey 

---

Mod translation:

What do you think will be the next bigger investment at Thorpe Park?

-A roller coaster

-A permanent scare attraction

-A flat ride

-Something else

8 answers to this question

It will be interesting to see what happens.

I think a new modern water ride is needed at the park. A proper dark ride would be good too.

But also, coasters are what work for the park, so who knows. Maybe they should sack off doing anything else and just stick in a bunch of coasters?

They've confirmed Slammer is being removed this closed reason - what are the chances we get a new flat ride there? Or do you reckon we're getting a new picnic area?

Would love for them to get a new modern water ride. Get rid of Rumba. Worst rapids in the UK by a mile. Can't really see that happening though unfortunately. 

I personally don't think we'll see another dark ride until they finally decide to sack off the ghost train and use that building. But who knows.

I really hope we're past the days of permanent scare attractions and actor led experiences 🤞

49 minutes ago, Cal said:

They've confirmed Slammer is being removed this closed reason - what are the chances we get a new flat ride there? Or do you reckon we're getting a new picnic area?

Would love for them to get a new modern water ride. Get rid of Rumba. Worst rapids in the UK by a mile. Can't really see that happening though unfortunately. 

I personally don't think we'll see another dark ride until they finally decide to sack off the ghost train and use that building. But who knows.

I really hope we're past the days of permanent scare attractions and actor led experiences 🤞

Would love to see a new flat on Slammer’s site next year. I expect with Hyperia being right next to Slammer they’d want to do something soon with that area to compliment it. 

I agree with what's been said really - a new flat of some sort on Slammer's site would be great.

A dark ride to replace the stupid Ghost Train would be good too.  I understand the shop in there (which is brand new) is now empty? I wonder if it's flopping (again)...

Ghost Train replacement might be on the cards at some point?

I guess it depends on how the numbers look when Hyperia opens. Coasters really are the crowd-pleasers for Thorpe, so maybe another coaster in the next 4 years? There's plenty of space for one over on the very expensive bit of land they created behind Stealth ages ago!

However, what I'd REALLY like to see!

Personally, in the longer-term, I'd like to see Walking Dead and the entire pyramid building disappear, along with Slammer, the megastore and Storm Surge. That would clear a lot of tacky dated crap from the centre of the park, for a pretty big ride and central area there.

I think it would make a nice central plaza with either a coaster or a big water ride, with shops/restaurants.

Screenshot 2024-04-23 at 07.32.39.png

Whatever happens, I think we will see some serious investment across Merlin over the next few years if Universal gets the go ahead.

They're already investing heavily in Thorpe (finally) with all the sparkle improvements and Hyperia. With the new brand they've also promised a vibrant new future, so hopefully this is a sign of great things to come.

Might as well continue that red area to bin off the beach and Depth Charge. That area could definitely be used as an entertainments hub almost and the proximity to the 'hotel' would allow for some overnight stuff to occur outside in the summer. 

No doubt some of the flats will be coming to end of life soon. But much like Towers an actual replacement for Loggers wouldn't go amiss. Chiapas for all!

Or they replace Rumba with the nonsense Bellwaerde have recently opened. 

I think some new flat rides would be a great idea, especially as they work well to support the coasters and some are no doubt coming towards their end of their lives. Vortex & Detonator will be 25 in a couple years. 

Another new coaster in the future would be great, but maybe in a number of years when Hyperia settles in. A modern water ride could work too. Put it where the beach and depth charge are or maybe as a replacement for Rumba. 

A dark ride doesn’t seem a necessity really especially given the park’s current identity and how disastrous the Ghost Train has been. 

11 hours ago, Benin said:

Might as well continue that red area to bin off the beach and Depth Charge. That area could definitely be used as an entertainments hub almost and the proximity to the 'hotel' would allow for some overnight stuff to occur outside in the summer. 

I think I've mentioned this before but I would love them to get rid of all the beach area and Storm Surge and build a new coaster in this place. Have it so when you walk out of the dome you pass under a zero-g roll or something like that; Gatekeeper style. I know it's a total Planet Coaster feeling idea but I think it would be great 😂