MTDP

MikeC

Tbh, It looks like potential sites for rides/coasters rather than a for sure plan. Notice the layouts for all 3 coaster positions are a vary of the same thing, just different scales. They are just testing the water really.Remember the old plan where only about half the installations/plans shown followed through to being built too...

Looking at there MTDP I'm not sure wether to be happy or sad?There are a three roller coaster which is gd but tbh roller coaster are becoming ten a penny, I'd like to see the park take on a more diverse range of rides such as a really well themed haunted house ride althought little deatils are given away by the MTDP and we don't know for sure this is what there going with, the park has so many roller coaster now I'd like to see it take on more types of other rides.

It took me a while to fully understand what you were saying as the grammar and spelling was so poor.To be honest, it isn't something to be either happy or sad about, it's where the company would like to be over the next 5 or 6 years. I would love Thorpe Park to have 9 rollercoasters. May I ask what you mean by a more diverse range of rides? I think Thorpe Park has a very diverse range of rides, more so than Alton Towers. Also, Thorpe Park is an Adrenaline Park, simply put, a Haunted House is a kids ride, and would be completely out of place, as no area even comes close to fitting the theme.

You are joking right?Spinball, Hex, Duel, Enterprise, Battle Galleons, Ripsaw, The list is huge.And even talking about the rides you've mentioned, just because the ride is made by the same manafacturer doesn't mean that they offer the same experience...Edit: Change in post above after I replied :lol:And in comparison to Thorpe, overall the rides are diverse, Alton doesn't have many flat rides wheras at Thorpe there are more of them than anything. There is a much more (and better) balance of rides at Alton.

This topic is pretty alarming. I'm not one for usually judging people or making assumptions but I can't help it over the internet.... life is too short to be hacking into somebody's account though, really.As for the plan though... looks interesting. I don't think I could ever see Thorpe doing a completely immersive attraction such as a Haunted House, and I've accepted that. Thorpe is more and more reminding me of a hybrid between a Six Flags park and Cedar Point.I agree with James in that Alton does have a more diverse selection of rides, I can't see how anybody could disagree in all honesty. However I do believe Thorpe have gone too far in the direction of the young teenage audience to try and add anything like a family dark ride. Of course dark rides can be intense, but we shall see.I remember in the last MTDP, other coasters were used as guides for future applications... such as using the Xcellarator layout for Stealth and the original 2008 coaster had Air's layout. As long as the attractions are good, and well thought out, I don't really mind. It's what I've come to expect from Thorpe now anyways.

what I meant by a more diverse range of attractions was that it doesn't just have to be focusing on adding in roller coaster after roller coaster and flat rides there are other rides that could be made greta at the park such as a haunted house, with the right theming and detail a haunted house ride could be much more than just for children and besides although there target maybe the thrill seekers there are younger thrill seekers they have to cater for and thrill seekers have families to.they could make a really nice mac splash battle as a way of cooling of and it could even be fun for the adults and I even once thought of thorpe adding in a water cable ski you know more different types of attractiosn not just flat rides and roller coasters.

to be honest, I've no idea how they're gonna fit even a small coaster where that marquee is, although, looking at the MTDP map, am I right in thinking they've got depth charger down as being removed? Because of they do that, they might be able to fit one in.Actually looking at the map would have helped. :lol: