MTDP

MikeC

Or does it need to be an air-time monster rollercoaster in which case we are lacking in this country.

Well if some hadn't remembered to put those damn trims on Th13teen it would be a big of a air time beast. But a good air time monster would be good. Although I think the next UK coaster packing a good amount of air time will be a cross valley Woodie in the gardens of Alton as the ride would be nearly 200ft tall.

Well if some hadn't remembered to put those damn trims on Th13teen it would be a big of a air time beast. But a good air time monster would be good. Although I think the next UK coaster packing a good amount of air time will be a cross valley Woodie in the gardens of Alton as the ride would be nearly 200ft tall.

You what? 200ft coaster at AT in a Grade 1 listed area?

Wooden coaster are never going to happen at Alton Towers, at least not in the next ten years, let alone 200ft ones. Thirteen has to have the trims to keep it reliable. They are the solution to problems that would otherwise affect it very badly. It was never really about airtime anyway, so it is irrelevant really. Still means that airtime is an aspect of rollercoasters that has not been explored much yet, but it needs something to go with it to market the ride.Thorpe Park is a completely different type of area where they probably will be able to get away with something bigger.

I'm pretty confident that 2012 will be a B&M for TP.Apparently Merlin have a 3 coaster deal with B&M for Gardaland, Heide and TP. I've been told that when the 3 coasters were put out to tender, Merlin wanted them all to be the same (for obvious cost reasons) so apparently all three parks will get the same B&M, not sure I'm convinced of that though. Here's some more info on Gardaland's 2011 coaster:http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=915303#p915303

My desires are for either of the followingA woodieB&M prototypeMack launch coasterS&S F1 coasterBut wasnt that area behind stealth is that not going to be for a Runaway Mine Train. If memory serves me correct I'm sure thats the plan. It could be an Expedition Everest type of coaster with multi direction which is something Thorpe has not got. Thorpe has got a decent enough selection of coaster but I feel they went the wrong direction with Saw. Poor ride quality not keen on the theming nor the location within the park. The B&M flyer would have been better than Saw. B&M overated company : Flyers and Dive Machines never been a huge fan of. This 4d idea for me would work if the rider could control the spin. Arrows design of the 4d with the first drop is soemthing special. X2's first drop is something just amazing I'm not sure if B&M would be able to provide that kind of intensity. I'm sure 4d will catch on like inverted coasters did in the 90s but its down to the manufacturers to come up with a design which is user friendly to park operators.

Sometimes I wonder why people discuss what a park will get next... we never discussed what type of stadium we were guna get for Londond 2012... so why should this matter? its a coaster.. inverted or non-inverted its a ride.

This is a discussion forum to discuss different things to do with theme parks. Don't like it, get out ;)

But wasnt that area behind stealth is that not going to be for a Runaway Mine Train. If memory serves me correct I'm sure thats the plan. It could be an Expedition Everest type of coaster with multi direction which is something Thorpe has not got. Thorpe has got a decent enough selection of coaster but I feel they went the wrong direction with Saw. Poor ride quality not keen on the theming nor the location within the park. The B&M flyer would have been better than Saw. B&M overated company : Flyers and Dive Machines never been a huge fan of. This 4d idea for me would work if the rider could control the spin. Arrows design of the 4d with the first drop is soemthing special. X2's first drop is something just amazing I'm not sure if B&M would be able to provide that kind of intensity. I'm sure 4d will catch on like inverted coasters did in the 90s but its down to the manufacturers to come up with a design which is user friendly to park operators.

I think that may have been a rumour about the mine train thing. Never a concrete plan. Also, why the like for another launched coaster? Yeah, they're decent, but why have 2 in 1 park? ;)Oh, and welcome! ;)(And Ricky, it's fun speculating! And the manufacturer really does matter in my opinion!)

I think that may have been a rumour about the mine train thing. Never a concrete plan. Also, why the like for another launched coaster? Yeah, they're decent, but why have 2 in 1 park? ;)Oh, and welcome! ;)(And Ricky, it's fun speculating!)

Cedar Point have two in the park. What you waiste on the lift hill you can gain in tall sweeping bends and air time hills. Check out Macks website and the videos for there launch coasters they look brilliant.

All the same to me..

Thinking in terms of the GP, yes, that would be fair.However, as fans, many like to discuss what manufacturers are better / preferable, etc. For example, one manufacturer's launch might be much comfier / sound nicer than another's. The comfort of the ride. I could go on. It's something people on here like to discuss, so that's that really.

Cedar Point have two in the park. What you waiste on the lift hill you can gain in tall sweeping bends and air time hills. Check out Macks website and the videos for there launch coasters they look brilliant.

True. However, I think having two the a park the size of Thorpe isn't that good. More a variety of different attractions would be better in my opinion. Mack launch coasters seem great, much better than Intamin's and I'd love one at Thorpe, but I just don't think it's a good idea.

. It could be an Expedition Everest type of coaster with multi direction which is something Thorpe has not got.

But Alton has, and look at the issues they have had. Don't take this the wrong way, but I just want Thorpe to get a reliable, straight foward coaster with few or no quirky gimmicks like an Intamin non looping steelie, ie Millennium Force at Cedar Point.Welcome to the board by the way ;)

Thinking in terms of the GP, yes, that would be fair.However, as fans, many like to discuss what manufacturers are better / preferable, etc. For example, one manufacturer's launch might be much comfier / sound nicer than another's. The comfort of the ride. I could go on. It's something people on here like to discuss, so that's that really.

To be honest even the GP very easily differentiate between different ride manufactures.

To be honest even the GP very easily differentiate between different ride manufactures.

My point being they don't really care if it's it T&T, Ano-Mak or Gerwhatastir. They probably can tell that say B&M is smoother than Vekoma, but would they really know much more than that?

But Alton has, and look at the issues they have had. Don't take this the wrong way, but I just want Thorpe to get a reliable, straight foward coaster with few or no quirky gimmicks like an Intamin non looping steelie, ie Millennium Force at Cedar Point.Welcome to the board by the way ;)

Thank you for the welcome. Its just personal preference about what Thorpe has in the park its no way a prediction. Merlin seem serious by investing heavily in the park. Thorpe would do well in getting rid of attractions such as Depth Charge and Octopus Gardens. Realiability is the key to what they build next. Stealth hardley ever works when I go there. Ive rode it only 4 times in 4 years. I love the launch but the airtime hill winds me up. B&M should be ok in the reliability stakes but then Air has its problems. Theming has been the weakness of Thorpe Park but they may have to sacrifice if the park needs more infrastructure to cope with the numbers. The Hotel may double up as an xtra airport hotel as I dont see Thorpe being like Alton Towers and becoming resort like as I dont think its big enough to warrant two night stays.

Oh on the subject of a B&M 4D ....http://media.theparks.it/2010/news/2010-7-14_Raptor.JPG

Here we see revealed the novelty of Gardaland 2011! As we now know from the time of the Garda fleet has finally decided to give the many fans of the brand new prototype roller-coaster B & M will be called "X-Raptor" or "Raptor".The Coaster will side seats, suspended in the manner of "Furius Baco", the Spanish Intamin in the park PortAventura. The layout will be developed for 800 meters long from an underground station. At 30 meters will be placed on the highest point of lift, while the route will skim parts of theme and even a lake surface. It also seems that you will experience weightlessness for fewer than 2 times due to the 0g-roll.