Chessington General Discussion

Ash

Chessie has... spike and cinders? Does it have anyone else?Towers.. from memory.. on park.. has.. Squirrel Nutty, Fin the Shark, Alton Bear, Sonic, Sharktooth jack wanders around sometimes.. Then they've got sir algenon for ATH, and Ringo for splash.

I knew of Spike and Cinders (but couldn't remember their names), though I've only ever seen them stand for about 5 minutes on that little podium in LOTD, looking sorry for themselves, waiting to people to make a fuss, before wandering off back into wardrobe. Walk-about characters need to go and pro-actively interact with guests, rather than just stand there. The Vampire characters for the special event were great but as far as I know, they were for the event only.

I'm just gonna list them for easiness...- Spike- Cinders- Meerkat 1 - Pip- Meerkat 2 - I forget the name of this one...- The Cow- Gorilla Cage man (Also Frankenstein/Dracula versions for Halloween)- Ray BatThat's 7 different characters already in the park's closet... They just need to get out more...

I knew of Spike and Cinders (but couldn't remember their names), though I've only ever seen them stand for about 5 minutes on that little podium in LOTD, looking sorry for themselves, waiting to people to make a fuss, before wandering off back into wardrobe. Walk-about characters need to go and pro-actively interact with guests, rather than just stand there. The Vampire characters for the special event were great but as far as I know, they were for the event only.

Euch, don't get me started on the shoddiness of Chessies dressed up characters. Used to watch the dragons when I operated Sea dragons, just go and stand on a podium for 5 minutes, wave at a kid, talk to the entertainment host who is with them then bugger off. They could do much more with them if they just let them wander round the park and wave at kids but their apperances are so brief its pointless having them.

^They seem to be the only two that are like that though. All the others are usually out for a fair bit of time and are usually very active. The meerkats occasionally appear next to the entrance arch at the concrete car park to greet guests. They also do character breakfasts in the hotel. I've seen the cow around a fair bit this year. They usually just hang around Market Square but when they're out they usually have a lot of interaction with the guests, I've also seen entertainments staff dressed up in explorers gear with massive nets running round the park telling kids an animal has escaped or something, looks really amusing and fun (only seen them from far away).

I've also seen entertainments staff dressed up in explorers gear with massive nets running round the park telling kids an animal has escaped or something, looks really amusing and fun (only seen them from far away).

I do hope they've briefed staff about the possiblity of that, otherwise I can imagine very amusing results... :)

AND THE SPECIAL GUEST IS!!!!

MYSTIC EAST CARNIVAL COMING TO CHESSINGTONTo celebrate the release of KUNG FU PANDA 2 on June 10th, during May there will be an Eastern Atmosphere around every corner at Chessington as the Mystic East Carnival arrives from 28th May- 5th June and 11th -12th June. Prepare to be dazzled with an array of colours as an oriental parade creates a carnival atmosphere through the park and marvel at the Martial Arts display in Market Square. You can then join us for free panda face painting every day from 11am – 3pm! And you may even get the chance to meet everyone’s favourite Panda PO as he will be at the park every day of the Mystic East Carnival. Will you be able to help PO save KUNG FU? With nine amazing themed lands including Mystic East, with family favourite Dragon Falls water ride, over 1,000 animals in the Zoo and SEA LIFE centre, and not forgetting our beautiful safari-themed resort hotel, where will your adventure take you?

A PARADE?!!!!!! :mellow:

Since we're talking about characters... Looks like CWoA Management have taken note, quickly... Saw this on Tuesday. Posted ImageWas fantastic to see the interaction with the guests and this was at like 11am in the morning on a VERY dead Tuesday.

I still don't understand what everyone else is on about. I've seen the characters about interacting with guests for ages now. It's only the two dragons which stand around doing nothing on their little podium at designated times.

They have the interactive characters out every day around about 11am, either the runaway Osterich, or the runaway Gorilla.Off peak times, Spike and Cinders will be out in LoTD at 11.30am and 3.30pm. Regardless of wether they ride Sea Dragons or Playhouse.

Is two appearances a day and intermittent characters elsewhere in the park enough though?I think each area of the park needs at least one, or maybe two constantly appearing characters... So we could have a pirate and his first mate by Buccaneer, banditos in Mexicana, pharoah in Kingdom and so on... This will obviously strain on the budget a LOT cos of the numerous staff needed for this but it would give Chessie a bigger edge on the other parks since we seem to lack costumed characters in general...Actually an idea has sprung to mind for a random little show in Mexicana involving a shoot-out up in the rafters of cantina and photo shop/etc... Fulfil my dreams Chessie!

• Mattgwise changed the title to Chessington General Discussion