Chessington General Discussion

Ash

That’s pretty p1ss poor!  Anyone know what’s going on with Scorpion Express while I’m here?  I’ve not visited Chessie yet this year and honestly don’t feel a need to - except maybe for the sea lions…..and capybaras….and the lorikeets only if they don’t crap on me 🤣

54 minutes ago, Han30 said:

That’s pretty p1ss poor!  Anyone know what’s going on with Scorpion Express while I’m here?  I’ve not visited Chessie yet this year and honestly don’t feel a need to - except maybe for the sea lions…..and capybaras….and the lorikeets only if they don’t crap on me 🤣

I've heard rumors of a permanent closure but no one knows for sure I guess as they've still not communicated any update. Its still showing on their ride availability page as 'closed until further notice'

Although it was testing a little last season I don't think theres been any movement since and the area is closed off so its not looking like it'll be open any time soon!

• 1 month later...
On 4/5/2024 at 11:17 PM, Cal said:

I've heard rumors of a permanent closure but no one knows for sure I guess as they've still not communicated any update. Its still showing on their ride availability page as 'closed until further notice'

Although it was testing a little last season I don't think theres been any movement since and the area is closed off so its not looking like it'll be open any time soon!

If these rumours are true I hope Scorpion Express is demolished promptly. The area occupied by Scorpion Express is a sizeable plot. In my opinion a River Rapids ride,of a similar size to the former Viking River Splash at Legoland Windsor, would be perfect. I have always thought a River Rapids would be perfect for Chessington’s demographic. Furthermore being located within Mexicana the River Rapids could have a extravagant theme. A Rapids Rapids themed to Mexicana could be epic. I can imagine the animatronics,special effects and theming such a Ride could include.

years ago there were plans for a River Rapids Ride on the area which is now The World Of Jumanji. Just because these plans were cancelled doesn’t me they can’t evolve into a River Rapids in Mexicana.

Chessington have shelved proposals in the past and reinvented them years later. To me this signifies that a River Rapids isn’t off the cards.

A couple of years before the area’s retheme to Land Of The Tiger,Chessington had planning permission to build a Watermania ride in  Mystic East. The ride would’ve been next to Peeking Heights on the site of some Pay Per Play attractions. For various reasons this attraction was cancelled.

Fast forward to 2022 and Barrel Bail Out opened in Pirates Cove following its retheme to Shipwreck Coast. Barrel Bail Out is a Watermania like the originally planned addition to Mystic East.

• 1 month later...

Temple of Mayhem has now updated to be closed for the remainder of the season. 

Not a big loss but still a strange decision to close an attraction before peak season. 

The fact that they started closing this on off peak days before closure makes me believe this is another cut, rather than something wrong with the attraction/building. 

Wonder if they’re ever going to make an announcement/update on Scorpion Express 😂

11 hours ago, Cal said:

Wonder if they’re ever going to make an announcement/update on Scorpion Express 😂

Apparently no other investment can be put forward until they have an answer to the water park so literally all decisions including Scorpion Express are supposedly on hold. It is all very strange as there still isn't a decision and planning went in late June/early July last year (13 months ago)

The old Temple is 24 years old nowadays (originally living at the Millennium Dome).

If they hadn't decided to build that daft Glamping/Go Ape behind it would've been perfect for a half decent coaster.

• 2 weeks later...