Rumba Rapids

Ash

I HATE the new fastrack que for this ride. Today people were walking down the fastrack route and joining the mian que pushing infront of us people who had waited a while when they didn't even have fastrack tickets.

I think they should scrap fastrack for rumba. or make a new queue and have someone controlling it where the two queue lines meet.also are the lights inside the dark room with the waterfall new?

I think they should scrap fastrack for rumba. or make a new queue and have someone controlling it where the two queue lines meet.also are the lights inside the dark room with the waterfall new?

If you mean the tunnel, then I suppose they're relatively new, although they were there last year as well.

They've had to turn off all the Ribena effects because Ribena withdrew the sponsorship. But a new queue - that sucks!I like the one queue for rumba - where does this two queue system go?Also - it is possible to get overtaken on Rumba rapids at the bit just after the tunnel where it makes a right hand turn and is next to pizza hut ;)

They've had to turn off all the Ribena effects because Ribena withdrew the sponsorship. But a new queue - that sucks!I like the one queue for rumba - where does this two queue system go?Also - it is possible to get overtaken on Rumba rapids at the bit just after the tunnel where it makes a right hand turn and is next to pizza hut ;)

they withdrew theyre sponsorship a few years ago now..I dont mean I new queue I mean it should be conrtolled where they join as you start to go up the slope..I wouldnt of thought it would be possible to overtake though it would be good

Ross - I've done it with my mates. If you lean onto one side and drift towards the rocks it can happen. It was cool. But someone said that there is now a fast-track queue?I have never seen it :SBut to be fair I haven't been since last summer ;) - I will say when I go in a few weeks!

Ross - I've done it with my mates. If you lean onto one side and drift towards the rocks it can happen. It was cool. But someone said that there is now a fast-track queue?I have never seen it :S

ohh.. how good..its not usually used..its the entrance to the left. ;)

There is already 2 queues, the red fence down the middle is the split and they join at the slope. The queue on the right is the normal queue and the queue on the left is the Fastrack queue.And yes it is possible to get overtaken, it can happen quite a lot ;)

Loggers never has that big a queue except peak of seasonTidal wave is usually walk onRumba is mostly walk on or 10 min queue..Hydration is silly ;)

I cant see the point in hydration either..although in the summer all 3 can get queue's up to and even over an hour!

I cant see the point in hydration either..although in the summer all 3 can get queue's up to and even over an hour!

I can totally see the point in Hydration. If it's a hot day, all water rides have queues over an hour, and everything else is around 20 minutes - 1 hour, and you really fancy a water ride, £6 Hydration is the way to go.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope so cause u dont get that wet on rapids well it depends where you are sitting but I think it will be fun to have them :(:):)

Things is, Rumba Rapids is a good ride as you don't get drenched or soaked. You can go on Rumba Rapids again as usually there is not a large queue so if you choose to get more wet. You can! Getting wet by a water squirter on Rumba Rapids will probably not be fun tbh!

Small rant about Health and Safety.As some of you may have noticed on recent trips to Thorpe, all of the squirting fountains have been turned off. As well as this, the first waterfall that only got half the boats wet (after the first bend after leaving the "station" (?)) has physically been removed. This implies that it will never ever be coming back. Now even Thorpe Park can keep some water-foutains running, and this coupled with the actual removal of the rock that had the waterfall on it means that the only reason has to be H&S. The waterfall that falls on the boats just at entry to the cave is still there, but I think the only reason why that hasn't been removed is because of the fact it gets the whole boat wet, meaning people don't stand up to avoid it.Now I've heard (although it hasn't been proven) that the shower was turned off for H&S reasons, again because of people standing up to avoid it. Soooo,, Thorpe have removed all effects on Rumba that will encourage people to stand up. This in turn has made Rumba easilly the most boring ride in the park now. There is actually no point to it, and it isn't fun in the slightest.In this ridiculous culture we live in, if someone stands up and falls out the boat, they can sue Thorpe Park so I guess I can see it from Thorpe's point of view. But it sucks nontheless. And I HATE health and safety when they come in to work and start making us change things, and put "warning" signs up everywhere etc. etc. but that is off topic majorly. :)