The Best & Worst Things About THORPE PARK

thorpeparkjunkie

Question

GOOD POINTS: - The rides and themeing of course! The best in the UK IMO- The view from the entrance is breathtaking being able to see almost all the rides in there glory is amazing!- The staff are very friendly and make the day out even more enjoyable :P- The fact that the park is on an island it makes it very different and is more magical IMO than a park such as Alton Towers that is set in huge woodland. BAD POINTS: - The park can get VERY busy I think THORPE PARK should allow less numbers in on peak days.- Ride breakdowns are very common at the park however this improved ALOT in 2009! So hopefully 2010 will be even better!- Colossus REALLY needs a re-paint!Despite its bad points I love THORPE PARK I think its the best theme park in the UK and it annoys more when the guys over on towerstimes assume we are all chavs and don't have a clue about theme parks but each to there own :P How about you guys? :P:P:D

Best bits.Some unique rides, I.e, Slammer and Rush. ( for this country anyway )Pretty good Frite Nites Easy to get to, from my point of view.Small, so no lengthy walks between ridesStealthKFCWorst bits.Too near London, so full of chavs, ( sorry to any Londoners on here :D ) Queue line smokers. I smoke, but can wait for a ride without a ciggie, I will have one before I enter the queue, or when I come out the exit.QUEUE JUMPERS :D:D:D Themeing could be a lot better in places.Downtime on major rides, though It seems to be getting better.

Best- Rush and Detonator are immense.- Music- The view from the dome- Stealth Front Row is breathtaking, still.- Loggers Leap, the way it's so excluded from the rest of the park.- The staff- A really wonderful atmosphere *sometimes*Worst- A truly terrible atmosphere the rest of the time- Saw: The Ride is nowhere near as good as it could have been, so much lost potential- Same with Samurai, even though with the press of a button it could be better.- Chavs- The great music can't be great if half the speakers are broken or at a too low volume.- Some visits can get very boring and tiresome.- The bus

Likes :P Has some of the UK's greatest ridesAwesome soundtracksPark is growing at an amazing speedThe future looks very good for the parkDislikes :P Woefully inadequate ride reliability, although much better last yearRidiculous adverts (like say no to bo)The poorly behaved British public (ok, not everyone, but it only takes a few chavs to ruin it for everyone)Some music cuts out every few secondsThe effects only work for about a week, then are left unfixed for everHaving said all that, the advantages far outweigh the disadvantages!

^ Haha those faces made me laugh, look at the angry face go!I love

• Awesome variety of ride hardware and technology
  • The music specifically composed for the park
  • Fright Nights lighting
  • Retail staff
  • The general atmosphere when you're with friends
  • Amity
I hate
  • The minority of rude staff who give the other staff a bad reputation
  • The disgusting state of scenery and special effects across the park
  • Fastrack
  • How I feel as though I'm getting ill half way through the day
  • Franchised Fast Food Staff
  • Cattlepen queue lines

:P - The BBQ restraunt- the rides- the sounds :P - the fact that Merlin AP holders have to pay for the bus- the fact that Merlin AP holders don't get discounts in most of the fast food places

I think the first one is down to Sullivan Buses even though I agree it's incredibly annoying. The second one can't be helped at all though since things like KFC, Burger King and Pizza Hut are run by seperate company's, and Merlin aren't allowed to involve themselves in that way.

Best:A great selection of rides, especially the collection of the flats which put most of the other parks in the UK to shame.Some great soundtracks. I love the Stealth playlist and the bass on the Inferno soundtrack.Most of the staff are very friendly and helpful. Many go beyond what is needed to do their jobs (Inferno for FN and staff trying to scare guests in the Saw queue).A lot of people here seem to think chavs are running amock in the park which has never happened in the park and I find most people are more friendly than the average person on the high street of Oxford. Also, the security is very good.When the scenery works, it really adds to the experience.Worst:The advertising and PR offices of Merlin need a hard slap.Ride reliability although better now, still needs to improve massively.I find the midway games staff are far too aggressive in my opinion and they come across as rude.Fastrack and the queuing stupidity it causes needs to be sorted. Last time I went to Thorpe Park, Inferno's proper Fastrack queue was roped off and was rerouted to the exit of the ride. Not only did this mean it was getting on and off the ride for everyone, it caused a nasty queue experience for Fastrackers. Also, the station staff had to check tickets slowly down the throughput massively and Fasttrackers had to sit in the back 2 rows. Non-fasttrackers didn't have the option to sit at the back and Fasttrackers couldn't queue for the front.The staff who just don't try at all or have an attitude problem.General of the up keep of the park leaves much to be desired in most cases.Cattlepen queues, no thanks. I am sure that if Thorpe Park put more effort into it, the Saw queue could have gone under the track where it is higher up and had more interactive traps.

Good Points4 really good rides (Inferno, Slammer, Rush, Det)Themed musicAmity's themingBad PointsA lack of effort with theming since Samurai came inCan feel very enclosed if busyNowhere really to go and get away from busynessPoorly laid out Pizza HutFast-track on practically every single rideLack of atmosphere in some areas (particularly by the Arena)ReliabilityYeah... Lots of poor points for Thorpe... :P

Worst: Chavsthat is all.

Give that bloke a cigar. There really is nothing worse than when you're queuing for a rides and some gobby young addidas wearer is cussing about the queues/the prices/the rides etc. It's even worse when they smoke and spit and even pee, especially around the back of Colossus. :P Anyhoo,GOOD POINTS:Detonator, it may not be themed immcuately, but it's better than any drop tower I've been on.Themeing on Nemesis Inferno, Colossus (nets exempt), Tidal Wave and SAW.Stealth, it's better than Rita.Music is brilliant.Ride annoucements (especially Vortex and SAW's).BAD POINTS:Themeing on Samurai, Slammer, Stealth, Rush, Quantum, ZODIAC, and Vortex.Way too expensive now.Chavs, especially in queue-lines.The walk-about rides in Calypso QuayThe speakers have their on and off days.