Tuk Tuk Turmoil

Tuk Tuk Turmoil was previously Rodger the Dodger's Dodgems when Wild Asia was Beanoland.The only thing I prefer about the previous dodgems was the audio music used.However, I find that the cars seem to be moving faster along the 'path' which is nice.Also, I think the use of pre-recorded announcements on this type of ride works as it sounds quite enthusiastic.They certainly are doing everything they can to advertise Kobra as at the end of the ride; you get reminded to take a spin on the Kobra. :mellow:Discuss your thoughts and opinions of Tuk Tuk Turmoil here...

I did like this ride actually, as you say the cars do seem to move a lot faster, although when I went on it, I found there was no music which was disappointing for me, as that ride in particular could do with a theme tune and give the people who aren't driving something to listen to on the way round (and the driver, of course!) and I didn't hear any pre-recorded announcements either, the operator was doing all the PA's. I do like how the cars have been painted, they look kind of messy (in a good way) fitting in with the theme well.

• 1 year later...

I love dodgems rides. I don't understand why they are not installed more frequently in themeparks, it's one of the few rides that are not essentially a swing, a spin or a set track. And wherever they are they always attract a big crowd.Shame these ones are quite slow though, damn target audience.

• 1 year later...

A couple of weeks back I had two rides on this, the first was its usual slow self all the way through. The second time a bell rang half way through and everything sped up a lot, faster than I've ever been on Chessington dodgems I'm sure.

Is it down to the operator how fast it goes, and if so is that based on the youngest rider? Theoretically if it was full of adults can they turn it up to full funfair type speeds? Was so much better.

All dodgems do have speed control, it's as simple as increasing the power to the overhead mesh. The more juice the more oomph I just thought these were locked off at a very low power (and therefore speed) that couldn't be overridden?

I believe there are various types of dodgems, including "adult dodgems" and tamer versions for children/families. For example the dodgers on Brighton Pier are adult dodgems and definitely go faster than Tuk Tuks. If you crashed into another car at full speed, the car would actually come up off the floor! But the operator couldn't change the speed. Tuk Tuks are definitely tamer, I've ridden/parked Brighton's enough to tell the difference :P

Went on some dodgy dodgems (not sure if pun was intended) on an island in Vietnam that ran at a brutal speed. Oh god head on collisions almost dislocated my knees!

On topic, whilst I liked Roger the Dodger's music I'm a big fan of the TukTuk music for sure!