Disneyland Paris

James6

Depending on time of year I'd imagine though. I was there 3 days and paid £110 including park tickets and breakfasts. You can get some real good deals going on to fill space.

I do agree as it depends on when you go but when You know when you want to go you should do some sums as some time off park is load cheaper but if you stay during a super value season then on site is cheaper

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

An online source has appeared recently stating the plans to improve the park over the next few years.

http://www.independentguidebooks.com/blog/2014/4/20/disneyland-paris-rumour-incredibly-detailed-10-year-roadmap-from-2014

Nothing groundbreaking there from what's seen, however Toy Story midway mania ride addition sounds very interesting as does the Studios Marvel section re theme which Rock N roller coaster will become a Spider-Man themed ride.

Also looks like we will be seeing a number of major attractions closed for lengthly times as well with Space Mountain and Star Tours closed at different times in 2015 (the former will be gaining new trains, improved effects and a return to its original theme) plus Thunder Mountain will be closed during the whole of 2016.

Is it low throughput, or is it just insanely popular?

I'd love one, can't believe the ToyStory didn't come with one initially either. I don't think it would even be that large an investment either, now the technology has already been developed it must be a lot cheaper than the original was.

The figure thrown about is $80M and you are right that that most of the design work could be copied over. It wouldn't be too much by Disney standards but this is the park that has only added Tower of Terror (massively delayed) and Toon Studios since opening. If they are going to all the effort of making a Parisian area for Ratatouille, it would nice to get an attraction about nostalgic French filmmaking. Hell, alter the location of Tower so it says Paris in the preshow, rip out all the tack between the two locations and replace it with the same style by the entrance turnstiles. Or something to do with The Hunchback of Notre Dame and I'll be happy.

Is it low throughput, or is it just insanely popular?

I believe it's a combination of both. Low throughput in terms of Disney attractions but it's something the whole family love so people flock to it in droves. I personally don't get the insane popularity, it's ok but not worth the long waits. I'd semi-hate to see it come to Paris, there's so much more they could do before getting Midway Mania.

In terms of the rest of the article posted, it's a big mix of old rumours and new ones, nothing is confirmed but it has certaintly made being a Disney goon become more interesting. The fan forums have lit up in mass debates in regards to the truth behind it etc etc. I can certainly see a fair few things on the list becoming true. Do I believe the stuff about Soarin'? Nope, I'd personally hate to see Paris waste their money on it too. It costs a lot of money, has an awful throughput and I think it's a rather boring attraction (I know I'm fairly alone with this opinion).

It'll be interesting to see how much of the Marvel stuff is true (I kinda hope all of it is), Marvel is such a hot IP right now and for Paris to cash in on it will do wonders for the resort. Same goes for Star Wars. Actually, with Star Wars I read another interesting rumour today that Autopia could potentially be on the chopping blocks for a Star Wars ride, I doubt it but it throws up interesting questions.

Either way it'll be interesting to see how things develop at Paris over the next 3-6 years.

I believe it's a combination of both. Low throughput in terms of Disney attractions but it's something the whole family love so people flock to it in droves. I personally don't get the insane popularity, it's ok but not worth the long waits. I'd semi-hate to see it come to Paris, there's so much more they could do before getting Midway Mania.

Do I believe the stuff about Soarin'? Nope, I'd personally hate to see Paris waste their money on it too. It costs a lot of money, has an awful throughput and I think it's a rather boring attraction (I know I'm fairly alone with this opinion).

Actually, with Star Wars I read another interesting rumour today that Autopia could potentially be on the chopping blocks for a Star Wars ride, I doubt it but it throws up interesting questions.

I think Midway Mania would fit so well as a main attraction in playland, but I'm a bit of a sucker for the ride. It's so much fun, more so than it should be for what it is really. I wonder if it could be 'evolved' into including physical sets between the screens, and also with a bit of a cleverer design to get the throughput up.

I'm with you on Snoarin', I really don't understand or its popularity. Americans just like to see pro American things and whoop at them I guess. The video is cut together so poorly (although that might have been improved now?) it's barely better than a cine180, that destroys any sense of it being a real experience. Would hate to see one over here.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Autopia's days were numbered, it seems to be an absolute nightmare to keep running, would be a shame to see it go though. Not a fan of Star Wars myself, so there's plenty else I'd rather see ahead of it but I'm sure it would be crazy popular so maybe that rumour is not so unlikely.

If I could bring in anything from America into the main park it would be Mickys PhilharMagic (as the park is lacking any sort of show off peak, and just because it's an amazing perfect slice of Disney), Indian Jones, and (obviously) a Splash Mountain-a-like of some description.

Don't know about saving it, but they're getting their own bespoke major attraction this year and that's unlikely to be enough. They need more and they are screwd financially, clones are much cheaper and have proven popularity, so it would make sense.

Step 1 to fix the Studios is to remove the Tram Tour, which only helps to limit the park's expansion ability...

Then you can properly expand the park to a ridiculous standard, since unless they've sold the land off, they own a shed-load for it... Perhaps further along the line this will happen, meaning a vast level of ride/show additions (I.e. Marvel land, Tron coaster, evening lake show, new version of Muppets 3D) can really push the park to the next level...

They just need to bring in some DCA level of refurb to the front end of the park as well, making the areas a bit more enclosed and 'proper', rather than the current mish-mash we have today...

Also, I'm not sure how Spiderman fits as a theme for a launched coaster like RnR...

Wondering if it was all really that bad I thought I'd have a look at just how screwed financially DLRP are and found this interesting (if rather number heavy) article from yesterday.

The answer, still really really screwed.

Not only are they in massive massive debt, they are still in a position where that debt is actually growing

For the First Half, the net loss of the Group amounted to €126.2 million compared to €108.4 million for the prior-year period.

Driven by a revenue decrease of 4% from the park and 6% from the hotels with 59,000 fewer rooms sold over the last 6 months.

It's not all bad, guest satisfaction is actually increasing, and some of the like for like decreases are due to Easter being later this year, but wow. The numbers involved are mind boggling. It's hard to see how they will ever make a profit, who the hell is it that is still pumping money in? They must be crazy!

Money is getting pumped in because of ownership changes. I haven't been really following it but I know the Disney company now have a larger investment in the park. Management positions have also been shuffled. The EBITDA fluctuations are a bit crazy. The decrease in attendance compared to last year could just be people waiting for Ratatouille so it will be interesting to see what happens after it opens.