Wasps At Thorpe Park

NemmieFan2010

Question

It's pathetic it's summer and there's food what do you expect an anti bee dome over the park.

You blatently havent watched watchdog tonight. Legoland has been shown to be doing absolutely nothing/not caring about the issue. The report tonight has proven that, the report also stated that Thorpe, Chessington & Alton have all managed to bring the issue under control, and there is no longer an issue, except at Legoland.Granted, you cant expect it to be wasp free, but the park could do so much more and be alot more vigilant when the "Daily Pest Control" are supposedly working, I can confirm that there is *actually* no daily pest control.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQW-_r6Xt0Y

You blatently havent watched watchdog tonight. Legoland has been shown to be doing absolutely nothing/not caring about the issue. The report tonight has proven that, the report also stated that Thorpe, Chessington & Alton have all managed to bring the issue under control, and there is no longer an issue, except at Legoland.Granted, you cant expect it to be wasp free, but the park could do so much more and be alot more vigilant when the "Daily Pest Control" are supposedly working, I can confirm that there is *actually* no daily pest control.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQW-_r6Xt0Y

I saw many wasp traps dotted around Alton Towers which had a lot of wasps in, good to see some parks do something about it :unsure:

I was staggered at one point during the programme when the Legoland manager says "We've taken a lot of steps to to minimise these wasps such as cleaning tables, emptying bins, cleaning floors." I'm sorry, but that's simply pathetic. Surely this should be happening anyway! This has nothing to do with wasps at all! Basically she was saying she doesn't give a flying s*** and maybe they will put up some wasp traps (like every other Merlin park) next year! They've only put a notice on their website to stop the BBC ripping them down for that too!

They left them to find the nests for themselves.Of course this is exaggerated slightly be the BBC, they need to make a programme out of it after all, so they will make it look as bad as they possibly can!LOL at the picture! I just thought the manager's response was a bit weak (to say the least), and Legoland only started warning people about it on their website to shut the BBC up!

Of course this is exaggerated slightly be the BBC, they need to make a programme out of it after all, so they will make it look as bad as they possibly can!

This is not exaggerated in the slightest. I have experienced the worst that the issue can offer and the BBC have captured this perfectly. The issue is exactly as you see it in the report.

As an Ex-Employee of this park, I can say that this is not exaggerated in the slightest. I have experienced the worst that the issue can offer and the BBC have captured this perfectly. The issue is exactly as you see it in the report.

I really think you're treading a fine line in terms of who was your previous employer and who are your current employer..Well anyway, all I have to say is if the BBC really gave a damn about the wasp problem why not just tell Legoland where the nests are instead of playing stupid games just to sensationalise a pretty trivial issue. The whole report was incredibly manipulative anyway, for instance "they prefer to show all their offers" Then later in the report they pay £150 to get in.. so.. what was the point in telling us about the offers.But it does answer the question at the start of this topic, yes Thorpe are doing what they can to get rid of wasps. But Legoland aren't. Those bastards.

All I have to say is if the BBC really gave a damn about the wasp problem why not just tell Legoland where the nests are instead of playing stupid games just to sensationalise a pretty trivial issue.

The BBC didn't tell Legoland about the nests they found because they wanted to prove that Legoland were not doing everything in their power to stop it!It's not the BBC's job to tell Legoland about their own park! They should be sorting it out for themselves!Watchdog do not work for Merlin, they were building up evidence to show the public that the alleged 'daily inspections' were not being carried out properly!The BBC don't care about Legoland's reputation, they are not out to do them a favour by telling them where the nests are! They are just testing them so they can prove to everyone that they are not doing anything about a serious problem!

The BBC didn't tell Legoland about the nests they found because they wanted to prove that Legoland were not doing everything in their power to stop it!It's not the BBC's job to tell Legoland about their own park! They should be sorting it out for themselves!Watchdog do not work for Merlin, they were building up evidence to show the public that the alleged 'daily inspections' were not being carried out properly!The BBC don't care about Legoland's reputation, they are not out to do them a favour by telling them where the nests are! They are just testing them so they can probe to everyone that they are not doing anything about a serious problem!

Oh okay... so from your response what we're saying is they don't actually care about the public, they just wanted to hit Legoland where it hurts. Fair do.

Oh okay... so from your response what we're saying is they don't actually care about the public, they just wanted to hit Legoland where it hurts. Fair do.

Umm... well yes, that is exactly what I'm saying. Why is this so hard to believe?Watchdog are not the Legoland management team, it's not up to them to find the nests and tell Merlin about it! Their job is to expose the truth, that the nests are not being dealt with even though Legoland say they have more than one member of staff out looking for them every day!

I liked reading legos notices when I went, I couldn't help but think "every single one of those things on that list, they did DAILY anyway. Thats what one of their depts is for", and that lego seemingly had a billion more wasps than any other park I've visited this year.However, lets bring everyone around to the attention that it is now september - they're all pissing off now. Very difficult to see, apart from dying on the floor :unsure: