Chessington Trip Reports

Bloody boiling hot day today...Went with peep who was doing some filming so did no rides until about 1/2, but still managed to get on everything bar Kobra, which although now open again, is rather unshaded and this was NOT the weather to not be in the shade 90% of the time...Also held Charlie the 4 month old hand-reared meerkat <3Queues probs peaked slightly around 20 minutes, but god knows since the filming took up the entire morning...Ride Count Lorikeet Lagoon x1Falls x1Monkey x1Fury x2Tomb x1Bubbles x1Vamp x2Buccy x1Turmoil x1

• 3 weeks later...

Lovely day today. Queues were 15-30 for most rides. Dragon Falls, Fury and Vampire went up to 45 I think. Didn't get a chance to do Fury or Falls in the end sadly but we still got a good ride count, pretty pleased!Ride count:Kobra x 1 (First time)Swinger x 1Turmoil x 1Vampire x 1Bubbleworks x 1Carousel x 1Buccaneer x 1Tomb Blaster x 1Runaway Train x 1Rattlesnake x 1 (never again...)Skyway x 1Hocus Pocus x 1Sealife x 1Plus zoo....

You have to be kidding, its a frigging death trap! My friend and I came off with leg cramp and rib cramp... definitely not an enjoyable experience!

Blatantly didn't brace yourself :P My sister and I have done this 12 times in a row on one occasion due to absolutely no queue. Fun times :P

You have to be kidding, its a frigging death trap! My friend and I came off with leg cramp and rib cramp... definitely not an enjoyable experience!

Hence all the signs and announcements saying Rattlesnake is a bumpy and jerky ride."SIT BACK, HOLD TIGHT, IT'S A BUMPY RIDE" :P

Thought I would do a report of my great trip yesterday.Got there for 9.30 and looked at the animals for half an hour.Straight to vampire first to get on 3rd train of the day.Then to fury with my longest queue of the day waiting 20minutes. After expecting a bustling day, the maximum queue for vampire was 20mins as was fury with kobra reaching 30 only due to the slow loading on time. Rattle snake, tomb blaster peaked at 5minutes! I expected it to be far busier especially a school holiday and the staff were very helpfull, especially on vampire and rameses revenge. I think rameses on the spin cycle spun 5 times in a row! and I got 21000 on tomb blaster. Ride count: Vampire: 2Dragons Fury:3Kobra:2Monkey Swinger:2 (got soaked, twice in a row, on outside)Tuk Tuk:2Tomb Blaster:2Dragon Falls:2Rameses Revenge:3Rattlesnake:3Runaway Train:1Skyway:1Black Bucaneer:1Bubbleworks:1SealifeLorikeet LagoonChessington is now my favourite park!

Another epic day was had today...Max queues around 30 minutes on the main 4... That's about all to say really...Best moment was when a leopard decided to jump up against the glass at me... Epic times...Vamp - 2Fury - 1Buccy - 1Seastorm - 1Rattlesnack - 1Runaway - 1Tomb - 1Tuk Tuk - 1Lorikeet - 1Falls - 1Griffins - 1Toadies - 1Jumbos - 1Cannot wait for my trip next month now... That will be even more amazing...

When would people say this quite period ends? End of this week? Next week?I've tended to steer clear of Chessie during the summer due to the costs and travel difficulties for not wanting to risk having a rubbish day, but will definitely try and get there during this quite period. :)

What seemed to work last year, look out for a day when the forecast is awful. No one seems to go, it amazed me how many people must've changed there plans. But yeah, middle of summer and it was walk on everything.Best bit was, they got it completely wrong and there were only a few showers :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Amigos, its a bumpy ride sit back and hold tight!Ride CountVampire X1Dragons Fury X1Kobra X1Monkey Swinger X1Tuk Tuk Turmoil X1Dragon Falls X1Tomb Blaster X2Rattlesnake X1Runaway Train X1Toadies Crazy Cars X1Griffins Galleon X1For Benin's birthday we were given a task. To be Mexican for a day. And it went well apart from a few snidey looks from Middle age mothers in the Toadies queueline. First things first, Chessingtons staff are the best out of the Merlin group this year. Yeah, ok I worked there but no one I know really works there anymore so it was all new staff noticing out costumes, asking if we want photos taken of us, speaking to us like Mexicans, singing Spanish Flea down their PA systems. There was some excellent interaction going on throughout the park and many of the staff wished us a good day. The Caffe Nero staff didn't but meh, the hell with em. As for the rides, well we were warned that Buccaneer may have been closed all day due to Huss changing the minimum height for all their pirate ship rides, however it was running today. We saw no breakdowns whatsoever althouh we did hear that Falls had an evactuation. Didn't really encounter many long queue although to be fair we were at the right places at the right times as even for Kobra we only queued about 20 minutes despite the advertised queuetime being 45.Also took a journey around the new animal area. I think the Zoo is what makes Chessington the most unique Merlin park as it has a whole different side to it. Yeah, Alton has a farm but with a few ducks, rabbits and some chickens, it barely registers. Chessington has such a large variety of animals, all shapes and sizes and it makes me very happy to see the parks commitment to its roots. The new village area wasn't to bad although more animals are needed as so far the two randy zebras and some oryx that stay as far away from the look out tower barely registers as a safari experience. I do think the park needs to sort out its enclosure sizes as for some reason huge animals get such a small amount of space whereas the spider monkeys have massive spaces. Aside from that, I hope money continues to be pumped into a vital part of the park.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image