The Many Musings of Mark9

Mark9

• 5 months later...

http://mark2262.wordpress.com/2012/12/01/the-top-moments-of-2012-in-coaster-form/

This time last year, I wrote a blog on my favourite 2011 moments from theme parks. I've done a similar thing for this year, only with my top ten moments. Highlights include trips to Florida, France and Spain as well as our very own Thorpe Park. Have a read and please let me know what you think. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've only just read your Raptor vs Swarm battle Mark, and I have to say, I really enjoyed it. Usually I don't like seeing comparisons between rides due to all the different factors that are taken into consideration when they're being designed and such, but I think the way you compare them in 'rounds' works really well!

Do hope you do more in the future. Would be particularly interested in seeing a battle of some B&M Inverts. :)

• 1 month later...

Your wish is my command Josh C. I have to admit that coaster battles are difficult things to write. As you say each ride has its own different factors, different budgets, different goals and can be effected by weather, age of the attraction and even park efficiency. That is why I try to keep the rides fairly similar.

As for the battle of the B&M inverts.. well I decided to just go for it and write a piece on Nemesis VS Katun. What with their placings in the Mitch Hawker poll, I thought it was an apt time to compare the worlds best inverters.

http://mark2262.wordpress.com/2013/03/12/coaster-battle-2/

As always feedback is more then welcome. :)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...