SEA LIFE

Lordcutter6

Hello there. I applied for my first job last week, a Guest Experience Assistant Weekend role at SEA LIFE. Was very pleased to receive an email today saying I've been invited to the assessment centre. Does anyone have any idea what sort of things they will ask in the interview? I'm pretty confident with the team working exercises, just not too sure how to prepare for the interview as it'll be the first I've ever had. Any help people could give would be greatly appriciated.

Well done on getting through to the Assessment Centre, they have a lot of applicants so to get through to that stage means there's something about you/your application they really loved! :)

I went to an assessment centre/interview there in January but unfortunately didn't get through to the interview part. What they do is have the assessment part first, then they go and have a chat (scary!) and decide who they want to put throuh to interviews, then come back and break it to you :P At my one, only 3 went through to interviews, despite a fair few others being very good,I'm hoping the reason was because they only needed a few staff! I don't want to worry you/put you off :P

Even though I didn't get through, having had Merlin interviews before I imagine the questions would be something along the lines of the following:

What attracted you to work for Sealife. why this specific location?

How do you feel you did at the assessment centre, where could you have improved?

Give examples of when you have delivered great customer service.

Describe how you would deal with different guests such as angry guests, children, disabled guests etc.

How would you deal with problems that may arise, would you be able to think on your feet etc?

They may have your application form printed out in front of them and refer to it and ask about things you have put on it.

It's also good to do research on the attraction and Merlin company incase they ask what you know about it :)

Hope I've helped, good luck! :)

Thanks so much, that has helped massively! I understand the competition is tough and even though I'll give it my all and would love to work there, I won't be too gutted if I don't get it - this will be my first ever job assessment/interview and going to the centre is itself going to be a fantastic experience - many thanks once again!

• 9 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Has anyone visited the SeaLife centre in London, and could tell me if it is really worth the visit when their are sea life centres in chessington and Alton towers which I'll be visiting anyway... Like as its a sole attraction in London is it a lot bigger and better? Thanks.

I don't much like the London one, it's always packed full of people so you can't really see anyway and there's nothing that stands out about it.

I don't much like the London one, it's always packed full of people so you can't really see anyway and there's nothing that stands out about it.

Not always if you time it well...

It's decent enough, Aquarium's are pretty samey in the long run, but the multiple levels and the giant tanks are pretty fab... With a MAP it's worth it... Better than bloody Tussauds that's for certain...

• 2 years later...
  • 5 years later...
On 2/17/2022 at 1:58 AM, Theme Park Fanatic said:

With Timber Tug Boat moving to Chessington,could I please ask which other rides were at Weymouth? Obviously there was Timber Tug Boat,River Rafts and Lumber Jump. What  were the other rides and where are they located now?

Swinging Seashells from Octopus Gardens at Thorpe Park went to Weymouth - not sure if that’s still there or if that went anywhere

I have just seen on YouTube that the Seal roundabout has just been sold & relocated to Clarence Pier in Hampshire. Can someone please inform me of the fate of the Mini Ferris Wheel ( Swinging Sea Shells. Swinging Sea Shells is the last piece of my Weymouth Sea Life Centre puzzle. I know that Lumber Jump is at Thorpe Park,Timber Tug Boat and River Rafts are at Chessington and the Seal roundabout is now at Clarence Pier. Judging by the status of all of the other rides I presume Swinging Sea Shells is operating at another English Theme Park.