The TPM Park & Forum Awards 2012!

Sidders

Good gravy! Has it been a year already!? Only seems yesterday we saw Alton walk the UK Awards, Katun get voted the Best International Coaster and we had our very own Mr JoshC. crowned the biggest fanboy over Marc. ;)

SO. Without further adieu, we will commence with the crownings for the next year of glorious TPMing and Thorpe-whoring/hating. Alas, here comes the boring formality (in a bizzle) Avert ye eyes, fair innocent ones:

The Park Awards:

(text iz big enuff rite? lol xoxo)

The first round 'comprises' of the Park Awards. The park with the most votes in each category wins. Below are the 'selected' categories for 2012:

• Best UK Park
  • Best(-Looking) International Park*
  • Best UK Coaster
  • Best(-Looking) International Coaster*
  • Best UK Flat Ride
  • Best UK Water Ride
  • Best UK Dark Ride
  • Best New Attraction for 2012^
  • Best Themed UK Experience
  • Best Themed International Experience
  • Worst UK Ride"
  • Most Uncomfortable Ride"
  • Most Disappointing Merlin Moment in 2012+
  • Biggest Thorpe Cock-Up+
  • Best-Looking New Attraction for 2013
  • Best Manufacturer
(*) These categories are still very much open to everyone but we realise that some members may not have ridden many international coasters or been to many international parks. If this is the case for you, feel free to vote for a park you would love to visit or a coaster you would love to ride, even if you haven't been to/ridden them.

(^) This attraction will have to have opened at an established park (I.e. not a travelling fair, LUKE AYERS) for the start of the 2012 theme park season. It does not have to be UK-exclusive; any new addition for the 2012 season in any country can be nominated.

(") These nominees can be pretty much any attraction you might find a queue for in a theme park (insert joke about Air's queue), in the respective countries of the category titles.

(+) These categories are open. Basically that means you can vote for pretty much anything that has pissed you off about Merlin and/or Thorpe. Merlin and Thorpe do make mistakes. Vote for one that has particularly grated your cheese this year. You could also vote for something Thorpe have done for the Merlin Moment category, if you feel it wasn't simply a decision by Thorpe themselves (I.e. Crash Pad).

Okay, so with that out of the way, look on to see the Forum Awards! These are often a lot more fun, generally because you get to vote for people you want be banned/secretly want to bang and NO-ONE CAN STOP YOU. But don't feel you have to vote for every category is you don't want to. :)

The Forum Awards:

OKAY. So here are the categories for this year. I'm liking it better than last year already:

• Best Member*
  • Best Administrator
  • Best Moderator
  • Most Knowledgeable Member
  • Campest Member
  • Funniest Male
  • Funniest Female
  • Biggest Fanboy
  • Biggest Fangirl
  • Sexiest Male
  • Sexiest Female
  • Best New Member^
  • Best Quality Posts
  • Most Sarcastic Member
  • Best TPM Meet"
  • Storm Surge Award+
  • Most Likely To Be Banned In 2013
(*) I am aware that TPM will be recruiting two new Moderators within the next week. These members, regardless of whether their applications to become moderators are successful or not, should be voted for in this category, as quite frankly I'm afraid of the competition it's only fair that way; they'd only have been a mod for three week or less and they'll have had much more time as a Member. Likewise, any member who is currently a moderator but isn't by the time to results are announced should be voted for in their current category, I.e. Best Moderator.

(^) This nominee needs to have signed up after January 1st, 2012. Obviously, but you'd be surprised how many people forgot this last year...

(") Sadly the Guildford trip won't count here, as it's not happened yet. Seems logic. However this category includes all official meets that were advertised on the site. If you need a refresher here they are: Maxy's Premier Screaming Weekend; THE SWARM ERT Meet; Open Day Meet; Colossus Birthday ERT + Exclusives Tour; or Fright Nights + Experiment 10 Exclusives Tour.

(+) This one is simple. Vote for the member who you think reminds you of Storm Surge or should be awarded a Storm Surge for their efforts in constantly dripping water all over on strangers TPM/in life.

So there we have it, all you buttery nipples. These are the categories for this year's TPM Awards. Feel free to vote for as many or as few of the awards as you like, here are the rules and regulations about voting:

Important:

• Should you wish to vote, copy and paste the above lists and clearly denote which park/member etc. you nominate for each category. Once I have your votes, I will PM you confirmation of receiving them. If there is a problem in understanding your votes, I'll PM you back saying so. You can then sort any problems and re-send them back to me, with any other changes in votes you wish to make.
  • Please make sure your votes are final, as once they are received and there is no issue with them, I will only allow you to change your votes once. If you decide to change your votes then you must PM me saying so, along with your new votes for the categories you wish to change. Once your votes have been change, I will send you another confirmation PM. You will not be allowed to change your votes after this point because I'm only human and it's hard to keep track o' y'all.
  • You do not need to vote for every category. Should you wish to withdraw yourself from voting in a certain category, simply leave it blank and don't be confusing.
  • This topic will close at 20:00 (8pm) on December 18, 2012. This gives you 30 days to vote, which is more than last time because I'm feeling generous. Any votes received after this time on December 18, 2012 will not be counted, so be speedy, ite?!
  • The details set out at the bottom of each category list is final. All your votes must adhere to these rules, you silly sausages.
  • The categories listed above are not for further negotiation. Dun dun dun.
Further Information:
  • All votes will be kept confidential.
  • You are not allowed to vote for yourself in any of the Forum Awards categories.
  • Each vote will count for one point for each nominee for each category and ill be 'totted up' 'cumulatively'.
3... 2... 1... OKAY GO. Send your PMs at your will to me and remember - have fun y'all! :lol:

Here's a picture of a lamb to get you started:

Posted Image

I was going to do that Mark - have a category for Alton and Thorpe cock-ups but then decided what about Chessington. So basically, and this goes out to everyone wanting to vote, "Biggest Thorpe Cock-Up" can be anything that's annoyed you with regards to Thorpe and "Most Disappointing Merlin Moment" can concern any other Merlin attraction in the UK. Say... if the London Eye fell over, that'd probs count as a pretty big cock-up.

Got three members' votes now :) No rush obvz, you got nearly a month to get your votes in you lovely people. :)

Bloody pin this to every moderating board ever, so people know to vote!!!!!!!!

Oh lord, this reminds me of chat last night :lol:Ben got his knickers in a twist because he didn't see the thread advertising new mods and demanded it should have been made clearer

Phill, I wondered that too, I think by experience they mean any coaster/ride/attraction?

Sorry can I ask for a little description for the "Best Themed UK Experience" and "Best Themed International Experience" categories?

You sure can. :) Basically UK Experience is basically anything that counts as an attraction. You could vote for London Dungeons or Madame Tussauds if you like, or you can stick to a theme park (doesn't have to be Merlin). International Experience is the same thing - could be anything. Right from Wodan at Europa Park to Disney's Fireworks Displays. :)

Just a reminder to all you cheeky members who've not yet voted:

There's still AAAAAAGES till the 18th, so plenty of time to do your thinking about which park/coaster/ride/person are most deserving of your votes!

So far 10 members have voted and I'm waitin' on the rest o' y'all!

• 2 weeks later...

So, I've officially had more voters' votes for their favourite theme parks, rides, meets and members than last year! But there's still time to get your votes in, though not much! Voting closes at 20:00 (8pm) on December 18th, remember. Plenty of time for the rest of you to get your votes in and join the other 21 voters so far!