What Do You Want/Expect From A TPM Trip?

AJ

How should dates for meets be set?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. When setting dates for meets should they...

• Still continue to be voted for 3 months in advance with the most votes choosing the date
    • Have all the meets with set dates for the year posted at the beginning of each season
    • Other (please state)

Would it be possible to have like each meet taking place that year listed at the beginning with the month it'll take place and possibly the provisional to give people a rough idea? Then you could a month or two before open a vote in case the provisional isn't popular, so similar to now but with provisionals listed in January for the year?

Also, I feel like free fruit should be available to provide a healthier day out :)

I think flexibility is good, as having a set date could mean that a number of people wouldn't be able to attend, but I agree with pluk that advanced notice (especially for the weekender meets) would be great! I always feel really cheeky when I go to request time off work and rarely do it, meaning I don't know if I can go somewhere until the Tuesday before, so having more notice would be good!

I am strongly in favour of listing the month of each trip with a provisional date setup.

The flexibility one is a sound argument, considering no matter what the date is, there will be several members wanting to go but cannot due to other commitments. I am all for the provisional dates from the start of each year as it enables people able to get time off work and work around other things happening in their schedules.

Perhaps a compromise system would work, where the more further distance meets involving accommodation and flights/long travel are given more permanent dates and notice, whilst the more local meets can be more flexible and may not need as much notice.

• 2 weeks later...

Right voting for having all the meet dates set out at the beginning of the year has just edged it onto winning. However there are also a number of people who would still like to vote for availability. Soooooooooooo to make a good compromise I will be setting up the dates of the meet to vote really far in advance and will be putting up the next meet when the previous one has been voted for :) (Also I find it a good indication for who is interested in particular meets)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi everyone! :D As you will hopefully have seen, we have bought back the forum event feature with a special new calendar especially for our official TPM meets! I have now created an event for every meet that has a confirmed date, and will create the new events as soon as the dates are confirmed on the meet pages.

Feel free to leave feedback on the events here, things we could do to improve the pages, etc. and how you would prefer/find it easier to RSVP to the meets.

Thanks! :) 

I think the event featur is a nice touch and I would like to see the attendee list updated more regularly which a feature that doesn't seem to be implemented as well as it used to. 

But it the joining event thing sounds good especially how like Facebook, members can say whether they are going, maybes or not able to attend. 

2 hours ago, Celia Mae said:

Hi everyone! :D As you will hopefully have seen, we have bought back the forum event feature with a special new calendar especially for our official TPM meets! I have now created an event for every meet that has a confirmed date, and will create the new events as soon as the dates are confirmed on the meet pages.

Feel free to leave feedback on the events here, things we could do to improve the pages, etc. and how you would prefer/find it easier to RSVP to the meets.

Thanks! :) 

Hi Celia, 

I like this idea as it makes us aware of who plans to attend etc. I think it would good if the meet event on the Calendar could some how be linked into the comments about the meet so its all in one place. Possibly when it's announced reminding people to RSVP would help. A layout that merges the calender with the meets into one place on the forum iny opinion would be the best way to achieve this I feel.

• 3 weeks later...
On Sunday, January 24, 2016 at 11:42 AM, Mitchada04 said:

Would it be possible to have like each meet taking place that year listed at the beginning with the month it'll take place and possibly the provisional to give people a rough idea? Then you could a month or two before open a vote in case the provisional isn't popular, so similar to now but with provisionals listed in January for the year?

Also, I feel like free fruit should be available to provide a healthier day out :)

This (if I ever go on one)

2 hours ago, ChessingtonSam said:

This (if I ever go on one)

I quite like the idea of a rough outline of the meets planned for the next 12 months as this gives people an idea what is planned.

I think the dates need to be arranged about 3 to 4 months in advance.  This enables us to have enough time to book time of work. Also for those not close buy it gives us time to get accommodation and train tickets etc well in advance which is also a lot cheaper.

Current Rough Proposals until the end of 2017, these are subject to change but you can probably start seeing a trend for those who have been coming to meets for the last few years.

23rd July 2016 - Ministry of Sound at Thorpe Park

13th August 2016 - Paultons Park

2nd-4th September 2016 - Blackpool 

24th September 2016 - Dreamland

August/ September 2016 - Stealth 10th Birthday Meet

October 2016 - Fright Nights

November 2016 - Legoland Fireworks

December 2016 - Christmas in London

January 2017 - Guildford

February 2017 - Adventure Island

March 2017 - Thorpe Park Spooning

April 2017 - Chessington Empire

May 2017 - Legoland

June 2017 - Alton Towers/ Drayton Manor Knockout

July 2017 - Lightwater Valley/ Flamingoland

August 2017 - Ministry of Sound at Thorpe Park

September 2017 - Port Aventura

October 2017 - Fright Nights

November 2017 - Thorpe Park End of Season

December 2017 - Christmas in London with Night Out

After this there will be a new team of 2 meet organizers that will be deciding with the forum what the future events will hold. Applications for it will be around September next year, with their proposals and voting to follow, to then confirm the new team by December. In the meantime until the end of 2017, I will have Celia Mae & another member helping me organize these events as they are getting bigger and more complicated. They share my current vision for the meets and we work well as a team and then I hope the forum will vote for them to continue what has already been started, whilst I move onto another role on TPM :) I hope this makes things clear for everyone about the future of the meets so you can see a clear path for their future.

Plan to do all these meets. Sounds like a great meet selection to me. 

Port Aventura sounds just as exciting too and can't wait to do that. 

Its going to be a strange and sad day when Peaj stands down from meet organiser but I'm sure his successors will do well. Will need a dramatic ending vlog when that day comes though.