What Do You Want/Expect From A TPM Trip?

AJ

How should dates for meets be set?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. When setting dates for meets should they...

• Still continue to be voted for 3 months in advance with the most votes choosing the date
    • Have all the meets with set dates for the year posted at the beginning of each season
    • Other (please state)

• 1 month later...

I'd love a Tulleys Farm meet :D It's about time people experienced a decent Halloween event ;) (And came down to my neck of the woods, think of us Sussex folk!)

We could even make a day of it if people wanted - Crawley has Hollywood Bowl at the leisure park, and a newly opened Laser Quest in the town (ran by a world champion :ohttp://www.crawleynews.co.uk/Lasertag-games-return-Crawley-new-company-takes/story-22898857-detail/story.html) - both of which are walking distance from the train station. Leisure park has Pizza Hut, Frankie & Benny's, TGIs, Nandos, Bella Italia, Harvester...so no issues with where to eat!

Oooh and there's also Go Ape at Tilgate Park! And a nature reserve, now with MEERKATS. And a Smith & Westerns. Crawley is quite an exciting place you know ;) Although this would be an awful lot to do in one day, gosh, we might have to do a second meet...maybe in Feb half term to coincide with my birthday *cough*

So yeah, Tulleys also has a dedicated bus service for the event which runs from Three Bridges station for anyone who was getting public transport.

We could call it the Creepy Crawley meet :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I know 2014 isn't quite over yet and there will be 'potential' discussions in chat tonight and tommorow, but incase I don't make either of these, I thought I would show my request in regards to 2015 meets snd how they would work.

2015 meet suggestions/requests

January- Guildford (or somewhere equivalent)

February- Thorpe park half term or Southend

March- Thorpe Park open meet

April 'potential' Europe (minibus) trip (location to be decided by vote)

May- Paultons Park

June DLP or Chessington

July MOS

August OAKWOOD

September ALTON TOWERS & Drayton

October- Fright Nights at the start

Howl'oween at the end

November- no meet (or another Thorpe meet)

December the 'traditional' London meet

If I make chat in addition I'll expand more on this preference.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Plus it would be hell due to business

We can set up a poll but it probably comes down to a no due to the fact we're not a fairground forum and if we're complaining that £5 is too much to go to Fright Nights, £10 for one ride isn't good value for money

• 3 weeks later...

Right based on people's feedback throughout the year and knowing what people would like to see and also noting that longer distant trips have proven successful I would like to release to you all my proposed outline for the TPM meets in 2015. Please note all of these are subject to change depending if special events come up or become included, so some might get the cut in 2015 if we don't have time but I know a lot have always asked what we have planned. So here we go:

Proposed Outline TPM Meets 2015:

January:     Guildford 2015

February:   Adventure Island

March:        Thorpe Park Open Season 2015

April:           Chessington 2015

May:            Legoland 2015

June:           Alton Towers & Drayton Manor Weekend

July:            Ministry of Sound 2015

August:       Oakwood 

September: Disneyland Paris

October:     Fright Nights 2015

November:  Thorpe Park Closing Meet

December:  London Xmas Meet 2015

As it is now closed season - now would be a great time for those who have been to meets to give feedback on what you liked, what you didn't like and for those who have not been on meets what they would like to see to encourage them to attend and meet some of the fantastic people on here

Currently June/ July maybe swapped around and possibly the Fright Night Meet maybe actually at Tulley's but currently this is the plan and hopefully with some extra's too on places you might not expect ;)

Caio!

Very happy with that meet trip outline, sounds very exciting to me.

Hoping to attend all of these (except probably not Guildford)

Edit- ok feedback from last year's meets

Blackpool my favourite meet last year and really enjoyed, as I love seeing places (outside of the big 4 Merlin parks)

Chessington meet was a great success as always which I found a trip with lots of laughs and very relaxed overall and the monkey puzzle at the end being a nice ending.

Towers was nice and I did enjoy the Golding at the end. Waterpark dId t seem popular last year. Only flaw was Professor Drunk ;).

I like the game, empires & spooning and I think wink murder could work (with some working of method). Maybe a Haloween fancy dress competition could be incorporated in to the fright nights meet.

Should be able to make 5 of these, or at least 5 of these really appeal to me.

I think seeing as I've barely been a member for a year I am a great reflection of how easy it is to join in. The icebreakers really help, and it feels great to win one on your first meet! :D

Favourite meets were probably (like Creeky) Blackpool and Chessington. Would really like to make the towers one this year, and if I get the money will probably try for DLP too (but I'd need to come on some meet ups to DLP too to really get my monies worth XD)

The only thing I'd improve is possibly getting members to come along to meets more regularly, but I know that's quite an ask for alot of the community, so pretty much I'm finding the meets great, they couldn't really be any better for me.

Wot no Paultons Park? :(

I should be at Guildford obvs.... possibly TP Open season & FN since I didn't visit last year (!)... and I should pull my finger out and 'ave it large at MOS really :D

Long term the May meet going forward is planning to be Legoland Year 1 and Paultons Years 2. I know this is a requested attraction and I promise it will be on the line up in 2016 :D