All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Yesterday
  3. Sceamland is a odd event for me. I like every year feels so different but in some ways I feel a little miffed that mazes such as Paradise Foundation, Crank Jack, or Festino (2016) end up completely on the chopping block. Some of these mazes I just listed had some brilliant unique ideas that I think really justified more than just one year of operation. The event certainly never gets stale due to this but I really wish they would keep the stuff that does work like Paradise, which was such a awesome attraction that should of been a staple at the event! I didn't get to visit last year but can't wait until my next visit, I really think Screamland is something different from the usual.
  4. I have to admit Zadra looks very impressive from the POV. Looks like Goliath on complete steriods, RMC never fail to impress me when it comes to pacing and layouts. Energylandia is certainly a must do now for enthusiasts with that pretty amazing top 2.
  5. Europe is partiality funding the park as well as lots of other successful business probably as a brand awareness type project. Just a shame so many people voted out and will make it harder to get to these parks and the chance of a Europe funded Thorpe RMC!
  6. The amount this park is adding in such a short time is simply remarkable. Several coasters in just a few years. Whilst some of the investments (especially in the early years) are very questionable, I don’t know any other park that’s expanding anywhere near the level of this place, Could easily name at least a couple of parks back home that need a large scale coaster.
  7. POV shows that the ride is going for the 'short but stunning' type of ride. Like yes, it's a short ride cycle, but it packs so much in. The speed is mental, and the little wobbles in the early half will certainly be felt. Going to be a crazy experience for sure. The park's owner has also confirmed the following: -The park will open the Vekoma double launch and a Vekoma mine train (still rumoured to be of a similar scale to Colorado Adventure at Phantasialand) in 2020 -The next few years will see the park open a Vekoma tilt coaster and 4 other unique/mid-to-large scale coasters The EU funding runs out for rides opening next year. So that's still mental expansion.
  8. Looks incredible in terms of speed and pacing. I think untamed will beat it for airtime, but still very very much looking forward to this beast.
  9. Top 10 dark rides 1. Twilight Zone Tower Of Terror (Florida) 2. Symbolica 3. Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man 4. Harry Potter And The Forbidden Journey 5. Phantom Manor 6. Pirates Of The Caribbean (Paris) 7. Transformers the ride 8. Harry Potter And The Escape From Gringotts 9. Twilight Zone Tower Of Terror (Paris) 10. Ratatouille A lot of dominance from Disney and Universal in this list I know, but that’s just the quality that those two are capable of when in their element!!
  10. Mark9

Paultons Park

Sorry Josh, didn't mean to come across as rude sarcasm, more playful sarcasm. Apologies.
  11. This looks so beautiful. I think this park just went up my bucket list by a very noticeable margin.
  12. Might as well update some areas. Top 10 coasters: 1/ Steel Vengeance 2/ Helix 3/ Taron 4/ Millennium Force 5/ Shambhala 6/ Maverick 7/ Oziris 8/ Wodan 9/ Nemesis 10/ Black Mamba Top 10 Parks: 1/ Europa Park 2/ Cedar Point 3/ Efteling 4/ Phantasialand 5/ Disneyland Paris 6/ Liseberg 7/ Parc Asterix 8/ Toverland 9/ Kings Island 10/ Alton Towers Top 10 B&M’s 1/ Shambhala 2/ Oziris 3/ Nemesis 4/ Black Mamba 5/ Raptor 6/ Fenix 7/ Rougarou 8/ Diamondback 9/ Silver Star 10/ Oblivion Top 10 Bucketlist parks 1/ Walt Disney World (all park’s including water parks) 2/ Universal Orlando (both parks) 3/ Busch Gardens Tampa 4/ Silver Dollar City 5/ Tokyo Disney (both park’s) 6/ Six Flags Magic Mountain 7/ Dollywood 8/ Busch Gardens Williamsburg 9/ Disneyland Anaheim 10/ Energylandia
  13. And we have a POV!! The drop into the structure looks fantastic and the overall pacing looks flawless. RMC, the gift that keep on giving!!
  14. JoshC.

Paultons Park

Ignoring the unnecessary sarcasm in your post, when you're at a theme park you've never visited before and want to make the most out of your day (especially with a 4 year old) you use the advertised queue times as a means of doing that. When some are completely out of the ball park in terms of accuracy, it's frustrating. And yes, it's the same for every other theme park which struggles to give accurate queue times. Doesn't make it any less of a valid point. NB: Walibi parks, Toverland, Efteling, Phantasialand (minus Taron) have all been pretty good at giving accurate queue times in my experiences.
  15. Mark9

Paultons Park

I don't know a single theme park with accurate queue boards. Once I queued 2 minutes for Pegasus at Europa Park and the queue board said 1 minute!
  16. Mark9

Your Thorpe Park

I know this is your Thorpe Park and you can have whatever you like but my god, that sounds exactly like everything else currently at Thorpe. it's so depressing.
  17. JoshC.

Paultons Park

Went to Paultons yesterday; went with my mum and 4 year old brother. A quick review: I'll start off with the negatives, because I do think that shaped a fair bit of frustration which underpinned the day and took away enjoyment from it.. -Their height measuring was all over the place. My brother has been 1.1m since about April/May, probably about 113/4cm now; so well over in context. Got him quickly measured at the start of the day (he was over 1.1m) in hope of getting a wristband saying so, but turns out they only do them for 1m (bit silly given there's a few rides reliant on that restriction, but okay). Went to Cobra; he was very clearly under the height stick. By a good 2-3cm. Standing up straight, etc etc, but very clearly under the bar. At the ride entrance, he was borderline. So, after doing more rides, popped to guest services to see what's what. Height checked again, clearly over, get a manager to sign a wristband confirming he's 1.1m. Try our luck with Magma. Had a bit of wait, get the front. Once again, my brother is under the height stick (and yet closer than he was at Cobra!). Try explaining we've had management confirm his height, but point blank refusal. At this point it's becoming obvious there's no consistency with their height sticks. Another trip to guest services to explain, another manager measures and confirms his height to be above 1.1m. Now says that for any future rides we have problems, get the operator to call so-and-so a person and they'll confirm to let us on. Problem sort of solved I guess, but in a way which undermines staff at the ride (if I was in that situation, I'd be feeling pretty uncomfortable). Further problems happened later in the day on one of the Peppa Pig rides, showing that my brother was again under 1.1m at the entrance according to the height stick, but over 1.1m according to the restriction board and the height stick before going onto the ride. This was a particular issue as the restriction determined whether he had to ride alone or with an adult. In fairness, all our issues were resolved and most staff handled it well. But this was an incredibly frustrating issue which underpinned the day and caused a lot of it to be wasted. Another, more minor, thing: pricing. Damn Paultons are cheeky. The food places in Peppa Pig World are more expensive than the rest of the park. Literally the same food is more expensive; we're talking less than 50p extra, but still. Left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth when I noticed, and feels very sly. So, rants out the way, the rest of the park: -Lost Kingdom is a great area. Little rough round the edges, but well done with perfect rides for the park. -Peppa Pig World hits the bullseye for what it aims to do. And with a very good selection of rides for kids. -I didn't quite realise before my visit how expansive their zoo was. However, I really enjoyed it. -Outside of Peppa and Lost Kingdom, the park feels rather tacky. I know a lot of that hasn't been touched in recent years, but it's very jarring. -Operations were okay. Some rides felt very slow and had very weird loading procedures which felt very inefficient. Some rides had very inaccurate queue times (one Peppa ride we queued for advertised a 45min queue when it was 10min..). Bit of a shame. Overall, had a nice time, though hurt a bit by the frustrations of height measuring, which impacted the day a fair amount. My brother enjoyed everything he did and really loved Lost Kingdom (despite not being 'in' to dinosaurs). One thing to note is how busy the park was. Peppa was RAMMED all day, queues advertised at greater than 30mins for everything pretty much all day. The rest of the park was rather quiet; didn't see or wait for anything above 15mins. A very jarring situation which felt like we were in two different parks. For all of Paultons' development and successes, you wonder just how reliant they still are on Peppa right now. Final note on Tornado Springs: construction looks alright. They have a radio loop playing alongside the advertising boards which is a good touch. Very much looking forward to that, as I'm sure that'll give an indication for the quality of things to come, and whether they'll be a 'nice park which is rough round the edges' or a genuine threat against Merlin.
  18. Zadra opens this Thursday:
  19. Last week
  20. Outstanding Chessie parody from the master of Theme Park Remixes:
  21. SCREAMLAND 2019 New mazes and new locations! Already liking the sound of it.
  22. The other day it was playing the old station music, and it definitely wasn't before that.
  23. Sometimes amps - sometimes local residents - sometimes a combination!
  24. ste193

Your Thorpe Park

Hellevator: Indoor tower dark ride Set inside an 100ft Asylum building covered in hippie-esque rainbow patterns, flowers and peace signs etc on the island behind swarm Entering through the lobby which is patterned and lasers and subliminal videos of "therapy" on screens, station is the induction hall Ride travels backwards past cells with large subliminal projections being shown to mannequins in chairs, with hear gear to force eyes open Ride then locks into the tower and tilts up to face the ceiling where a hanging body is illuminated and launches up 80ft towards body when huge bloody laughing face is illuminated on the ceiling around it The ride then goes to pitch black with sound effects of laughter and creaking and drops 70ft and tilts front facing to see a man being given electric shock therapy by a mad doctor and the ride then launches up and down the tower passing Floor 1 - pair of hands shaking bars with huge scary face painted behind Floor 2 - huge hypnotic red spiral and chanting Floor 3 - red demonic eyes and roars Floor 4 - Large cell door where huge arm reaches out of cut out Stopping at the top floor with a screen showing man in straight jacket rocking in corner screen flickers and blinks as suddenly full screen face and goes pitch black ride tilts to the ground illuminating a demonic face painted on floor with the ride dropping 70ft going up and down with flashing lights till the ride returns to the floor and tilts to normal and returns to the station The Canteen- A themed restaurant experience where you are served by "inmates" is also located in the building
  25. It seems Swarm Island's audio has finally come back to life recently, the original soundtrack can just about be heard from a few areas after months of silence, it's a shame it's so quiet though. The Bose system in that area really used to rock and the audio brought the area to life. Perhaps an amp died during last season or over closed season? Don't remember this area ever being so quiet.
  26. I saw the issue of no demon in the ending shop come up somewhere a while back but I have been in there since and it was back with everything working fully, along with the projection... hopefully this is again just a temporary issue and not permanent.
  27. Sounds great. Really good that Blackpool are adding audio theming to the park. Finally The Big One has a decent soundtrack!
  1. Load more activity