Miribilandia

Mark9

• 4 years later...

I was going to post about this in the Small Parks Thread but it turns out we do have a thread for this park...

http://www.ilrestodelcarlino.it/ravenna/cosa fare/mirabilandia-ducati-1.3564935

The park are opening a Ducati themed land in 2019.  I'd never heard of Ducati, but apparently they're a motorcycle thing...

Centrepiece of the land is a coaster, which is naturally expected to a motorbike coaster of some variety.  Some early rumours are suggesting that it won't be one of the more well known Vekoma or Intamin varieties, but instead a Maurer Spike Coaster...

maxresdefault.jpg

https://rcdb.com/13786.htm

http://www.spike.de/

Looks like a fun enough ride, but not something I really would have seen Mirabilandia going for...

30 minutes ago, JoshuaA said:

Who's running the place recently?

They went from Katun and Ispeed to this...

The park is owned by Parques Reunidos.  They seem to at least be pumping money into their parks at the mo (and Slagharen and Movie Park Germany have seen good investments this year imo).  But this makes no sense.  I'm also dumbfounded where €25m is going for this; I imagine the Ducati brand isn't THAT expensive...

10 minutes ago, TPC said:

Ferrari land is still worse. At least, this is going to be a coaster with a higher capacity than red force :D

Theoretical throughput of Red Force:  1200pph

Theoretical throughput of Duelling Spike Coasters:  800pph

:)

(Also:

Capacity of Red Force: 12

Capacity of Duelling Spike Coasters: 4

;))

1 hour ago, BaronC. said:

Theoretical throughput of Red Force:  1200pph

Theoretical throughput of Duelling Spike Coasters:  800pph

:)

(Also:

Capacity of Red Force: 12

Capacity of Duelling Spike Coasters: 4

;))

I visited Ferrari Land this summer, in peak august, and the operation for red force was abysmal. Train left every 2.5 mins, which would have made a capacity of around 250 people per hour. However, there were constant breakdowns, including a 10 minute complete stoppage just befo I rode. I can only predict the capacity would have been more like 200 people per hour, and you've got to remember the high amount of fast track users. No wonder, therefore, that the advertised queue of 50 minutes went to over 2.25 hours.

• 1 year later...