Thorpe Park Trip Reports

Just got back from Thorpe , was there from 9.30 till 1.Who was it who said the ques would be 30 mins for coasters and 15 mins for flats! :D ?Started off by going straight to Stealth and did it at the front and then walked straight on again via single rider. Then went to go on again but the man wouldn't let me despite there still not being a que.So went off to Nemesis Inferno, I still hadn't been on it this year and for the first time ever. I really really liked it, I still think it's the weakest main coaster at Thorpe but it was great and for the first time that I've been on, it was forceful. Stayed on 3 times without getting off at the back :D which was brilliant. Could have stayed on again but decided to go for Colossus.By now it was 10 to 10 so we were expecting the Colossus que to be at least an hour, the first time it took 10 minutes to get on at the front, second time it took just 15 mins and sat near-ish the back. Both times smooth and no head-banging , but at the front it truly is sensational. Next was Samurai and got a good long setting, took about 15 minutes, Saw's que was 75 minutes!Whilst queing for Samurai , Colossus and Saw both broke down at the same time for about 15-20 minutes each.Then, Walked on to Slammer which is still just insane Decided to pop on to Detonator now , and Saw the geyser on Nemesis Inferno which I thought was absolutely awesome Oh also , On top of the Detonator operator cabin , is what looks like some bones and stuff like that, looked like bits of theming from Corkscrew at Alton Towers which was strange, check it out next time you ride it.By now , Colossus was 60 minutes, Stealth was 50 and Nemesis Inferno was 35. So we entered the que for Detonator when it said 15 minutes, it actually took 35 minutes. There was the slowest, grumpiest staff member I've ever seen at Thorpe, every other time I've been this year I've praised the staff but this guy , just slowly strolled around the gondola and pulled them down, and , I would say on at least every single ride there was a seat spare, I was riding by myself and he didn't even make an effort any time to check for any 1's . Detonator is still the only ride on park that makes me poop myself EVERY time Then moved round to Stealth in hope to get another single rider done, but it had broken down. So then decided to try out Time Voyagers for the first time. I thought it was good fun but it would be boring a 2nd time, It would be enhanced so much if the seats actually moved rather than just vibrating.By now , Colossus was 90 minutes, Nemesis 60 , Stealth 70, and Saw was 70 aswell I think.So went to do Rush , I actually think the que for Rush moves faster than any other ride at Thorpe. I then decided to leave as it was about 29 degrees, and now the que for Colossus was 120 minutes! Overall an awesome day :)ProsGetting a lot of rides done in a short amount of timeGetting Re-rides on Nemesis InfernoNemesis Inferno GeysersConsIrritating op on DetonatorAnnoying man not letting a single rider in the single rider que...Ride CountColossus x 2Stealth x 2Nemesis Inferno x 3Slammer x 1Samurai x 1Rush x 1Time Voyagers x 1Detonator x 1Here are some pictures from todayPosted ImageWas very foggy on the way therePosted ImageSaw these for the first time , they wern't as much of an eyesaw as I thought they would be but I didn't see anyone use them the whole day.Posted ImageThis is why you go straight over to the Stealth and Nemesis Inferno side of the park :rolleyes:Oh also, with this 2 for £2 thing , with the annual pass discount I ended up getting a Magnum for 80 p :rolleyes:Posted ImageNemesis Inferno's Lift Posted ImageColossus from SlammerPosted ImageAnother one of ColossusPosted ImageAnd SlammerDidn't take many other picsThanks for taking the time to read this.

Today was a very busy day due to the high temperatures. 30 degrees and Thorpe Park don't go particularly well together but overall it was an excellent day despite drinking too much Diet Coke with my Coca Cola capsule!Closures/BreakdownsStealth - Broke down a few times but was working most of the dayNemesis Inferno - Late opening. Opened around 12:30Ride countStealth - 1 (1 front)SAW - 1Samurai - 1Tidal wave - 1Loggers - 1Nemesis - 1Colossus - 1 Rumba Rapids - 1X:\No Way Out - 1Slammer - 1Flying Fish - 1Carousel - 1Detonator - 1Average Queue Times:SAW - 99 minutesColossus - 99 minutesNemesis Inferno - 60 minutesStealth - 90 minutesTidal Wave - 99 minutesLoggers Leap - 45 minutesRumba Rapids - 20 minutesDetonator - 30 minutesGeneral Notes about the day:- When I first arrived I headed straight for SAW. As I got there at 9:30 when the park opened it was a walk on and so I didn't have to queue for it and afterwards I went on Samurai - no queue, Colossus - no queue, Loggers - no queue and X - no queue. This meant that within 1 hour I had already done 2 of the rollercoasters and other good rides that often get busy- The queue for the front on Stealth was shorter than the actual queue for normal seats? We got on the ride before people who were in front of us in the queue- Tidal Wave is very busy due to the heat so it is advised to leave it until the park is closing so you don't miss out- Buy a capsule - it is worth it this week!- Nemesis Inferno has quite a long queue if it isn't open at the start of the day so try and go on it as soon as possible.- Longest time queued was only 60 minutes for Stealth - Stealth queue is horrible for heat. Enduring the suns full strength and the temperature was hard.

Today was a very busy day due to the high temperatures. 30 degrees and Thorpe Park don't go particularly well together but overall it was an excellent day despite drinking too much Diet Coke with my Coca Cola capsule!Closures/BreakdownsStealth - Broke down a few times but was working most of the dayNemesis Inferno - Late opening. Opened around 12:30Ride countStealth - 1 (1 front)SAW - 1Samurai - 1Tidal wave - 1Loggers - 1Nemesis - 1Colossus - 1 Rumba Rapids - 1X:\No Way Out - 1Slammer - 1Flying Fish - 1Carousel - 1Detonator - 1Average Queue Times:SAW - 99 minutesColossus - 99 minutesNemesis Inferno - 60 minutesStealth - 90 minutesTidal Wave - 99 minutesLoggers Leap - 45 minutesRumba Rapids - 20 minutesDetonator - 30 minutesGeneral Notes about the day:- When I first arrived I headed straight for SAW. As I got there at 9:30 when the park opened it was a walk on and so I didn't have to queue for it and afterwards I went on Samurai - no queue, Colossus - no queue, Loggers - no queue and X - no queue. This meant that within 1 hour I had already done 2 of the rollercoasters and other good rides that often get busy- The queue for the front on Stealth was shorter than the actual queue for normal seats? We got on the ride before people who were in front of us in the queue- Tidal Wave is very busy due to the heat so it is advised to leave it until the park is closing so you don't miss out- Buy a capsule - it is worth it this week!- Nemesis Inferno has quite a long queue if it isn't open at the start of the day so try and go on it as soon as possible.- Longest time queued was only 60 minutes for Stealth - Stealth queue is horrible for heat. Enduring the suns full strength and the temperature was hard.

Glad you had a good day!Just wondering, why do people put 99 mins for a queue time when it usually goes up in 5's?

As the queue boards around the park now say 99 minutes for some reason. I think they have made that the max?

They've always said 99 mins. (The ones by Rush and Nemesis Inferno anyway).The smaller queue boards for single rides (Rush, Vortex, Slammer etc etc) also only go up to 99.

• 2 weeks later...

Right no one has posted a report in a while so I will say mine :P,Queues were big today although we still managed 20 rides which was great,Ride CountSAW: 3Nemesis Inferno: 2Stealth: 4Rush: 1Detonator: 2FF: 1Quantum: 1Time Voyagers: 1Loggers Leap: 2Rumba Rapids: 1Storm in a Teacup: 1CCR: 1Ride Queue Times (on average)SAW: 2 hours,Colossus: 90mins- 120mins,Nemesis Inferno: 45-60mins,Stealth: 60mins,Samurai: 45minsRush: 40minsZodiac: 30minsQuantum 15-20mins,Tidal: 45mins,Rumba (when it was open) 25mins,Loggers Leap: 60minsSlammer: 20mins,Depth Charge: 20-30mins,Detonator: 25-30mins.HighlightsManaging to do SAW 3 times when it had a two hour queue with only one Fastrack,Going 10 times in the season,15th time on SAW,Getting on Stealth 3 times and Nemesis Inferno once before SAW opened and when it did open we were one of the first in so...I feel sorry for all those people that sprinted for SAW first instead of Stealth :D.Doing 19 rides in a packed park with only spending £4 on fastrack.

my trip report from sunday the 5th july.ride count:stealth-2 (front both times)saw-2neessis inferno-1tidalwave-1slammer-1sammuri-1vortex-1queue times at peak:Colossus 70minsnemessis inferno 50minssaw 80minsstealth 50minsrush 30minsvortex 15minstidal wave 50minssammuri 45minshighs-tidalwave now being one of my best rides at the park-being stuck on slammer whilst watting to go down for about 5mins-saws inside drop amazing one of the reassons I dont mind queueing so long for it-no break downslows-graffite-large number of line cutters which wernt caught-mist where you qeue near the top of nemessis infernos volcano was not on. :P -the dvd for saw wasent very goodthe day was goodbest ride-tidalwaveworst ride-Samurai (boaring setting felt like we only got 1 full flip)

Went today and it was very busy.I was on a schol trip, we arrived at 9.30- 10 and left at 2.30We arrived and I went to Nemesis Inferno and Stealth whilst there was no queue :huh:Ride count:Stealth - 1Nemesis Inferno - 1SAW: The Ride - 1X:\No Way Out - 1Slammer - 1Rumba Rapids - 1Queue Times:SAW:The Ride - 2 hoursStealth - 1 hourNemesis Inferno - 1 hourColossus - 90 minsFlats - 45mins - 1hour

Went today with my cousin (aged 9) and his parents,Sorry my ride count is a little shameful since my cousins wouldn't go on any big rides,Ride CountSAW - The Ride: 1Colossus: 1 (front)Nemesis Inferno: 1Stealth: 1X: 2 (My cousin loved it)Loggers Leap: 3 (again my cousin loved it)Detonator: 1Samurai: 1Quantum: 1Rumba Rapids: 2Time Voyagers: 1Flying Fish: 1Rocky Express: 2Vortex: 1Good day overall, lucky with the weather and still managed a quite a few rides.

Went today with my cousin (aged 9) and his parents,Sorry my ride count is a little shameful since my cousins wouldn't go on any big rides,Ride CountSAW - The Ride: 1Colossus: 1 (front)Nemesis Inferno: 1Stealth: 1X: 2 (My cousin loved it)Loggers Leap: 3 (again my cousin loved it)Detonator: 1Samurai: 1Quantum: 1Rumba Rapids: 2Time Voyagers: 1Flying Fish: 1Rocky Express: 2Vortex: 1Good day overall, lucky with the weather and still managed a quite a few rides.

I wouldn't say that that ride count is shameful. Actually I would say that is pretty good for a summer's day.

Went today, it was good and bad at the same time. The only reason it was bad is because I had to go around with family friends (about 15 of us) which meant that I couldn't really go on much. Thorpe Park itself was fantastic and all of the staff were friendly and helpful. All rides were available today, which I haven't experienced in a long time. When we turned up, the car park was 2 rows away from being full (including the grass overflow) and there were thousands of school kids on trips. From this we expected the queues to be unbearable, but surprisingly we managed to get on some of the big rides with a 30 - 60 minute queue.Below is my shockingly low ride count, along with the time I queued for each ride. Slammer - 10 minutesSamurai - 45 minutesColossus - 35 minutesSAW - First Ride 75 minutes; Second Ride 30 minutesVortex - 15 minutesWe arrived at the park at 11am and left at 6pm. Although it was a shocking day in terms of ride count, I had a good day with the company and will be visiting again in the next week or so with my friends anyway.

Went today, it was good and bad at the same time. The only reason it was bad is because I had to go around with family friends (about 15 of us) which meant that I couldn't really go on much. Thorpe Park itself was fantastic and all of the staff were friendly and helpful. All rides were available today, which I haven't experienced in a long time. When we turned up, the car park was 2 rows away from being full (including the grass overflow) and there were thousands of school kids on trips. From this we expected the queues to be unbearable, but surprisingly we managed to get on some of the big rides with a 30 - 60 minute queue.Below is my shockingly low ride count, along with the time I queued for each ride. Slammer - 10 minutesSamurai - 45 minutesColossus - 35 minutesSAW - First Ride 75 minutes; Second Ride 30 minutesVortex - 15 minutesWe arrived at the park at 11am and left at 6pm. Although it was a shocking day in terms of ride count, I had a good day with the company and will be visiting again in the next week or so with my friends anyway.

I am glad you had a good day!But as you said in terms of Ride Count... That is Fu**ing Terrible! 6 rides in 7 hours!I would have been in Guest Services! :(

I am glad you had a good day!But as you said in terms of Ride Count... That is Fu**ing Terrible! 6 rides in 7 hours!I would have been in Guest Services! :(

Lol. I didn't really mind waiting around with the little ones if they didn't want to go on the rides because they only visit once a year if that. I wanted to make their day good, seeing as I visit more like once a month and will have many more chances to go on all of the rides. But yes, 6 rides is pretty awful.Oh, and I decided today to get a Thorpe Park Annual Pass next time I visit. The bounce-back price has been increased from £10 to £15, so it would be far cheaper to get myself an Annual Pass. Up until now I've just been living on Bounce-back tickets. :(. Just thought I'd let you know :(.

The Merlin Entertainments Group Annual Pass workds out cheaper. Just a heads up :(

Thats if you take advantage of all the attractions they offer and actually do visit as many of them as possible! Which I would reccomened! Take a trip down to London and do the dungeons, tussauds and the eye. Bounce backs also pretty awesome! If your an AP holder you could buy it for a mate without an AP then visit with them and get them to pay you back.

Thats if you take advantage of all the attractions they offer and actually do visit as many of them as possible! Which I would reccomened! Take a trip down to London and do the dungeons, tussauds and the eye. Bounce backs also pretty awesome! If your an AP holder you could buy it for a mate without an AP then visit with them and get them to pay you back.

I didn't think you could buy a BB if you had an Annual Pass. And thanks tpkabz, I was thinking of getting a Merlin Pass but for the last four years I have only visited Thorpe Park. (And Madame Tussauds once). But then again, I suppose if I had the pass I would be more likely to visit more of the attractions.