Thorpe Park Trip Reports

Getting rid of single rider was a stupid thing tbh. It cut down queues because all of the trains were being filled and so thorpe park was working to the optimum efficiency.

No it didn't and heres why.A few years back we ran Single rider on Dragons Fury and it was an absolute nightmare. The reason being is that like it was on Inferno and Colossus is that single riders came up the exit meaning that at busy times you'd have millions of single riders stopping disabled guests and exit riders getting to the front. A lot of the time, single riders just went round and round and round and round. How is that in anyway helping Thorpe Park aside from reaching a meaningless number every hour (which was rare because single riders are actually quite slow and pig-headed about finding their seats). Sure that guest gets 30 rides in a day on Nemesis Inferno.. but how is that fair for normal guests who still have to queue an hour for one ride.Just like the disabled queue and the old fastrack system, single rider was largely removed because it suffered so much abuse from people who the system wasn't really designed for.

I don't think that a SRQ should be introduced on all the rides for pretty much all the reasons Mark said, but some rides I just don't understand what the problem would be for having one. Just because not all the rides can have one doesn't mean certain other rides can't.

I don't think that a SRQ should be introduced on all the rides for pretty much all the reasons Mark said, but some rides I just don't understand what the problem would be for having one. Just because not all the rides can have one doesn't mean certain other rides can't.

Because people would be going on again and again when others are queueing a long time!The only ride I think it would be good on would be Rush and Flying Fish.Flying Fish already has one actually ;)

Because people would be going on again and again when others are queueing a long time!The only ride I think it would be good on would be Rush and Flying Fish.Flying Fish already has one actually ;)

And Samauri, mainly because it has an odd number of seats and most groups travel in an even number. It wouldn't slow things up too much either as staff have ages to get everything ready during the ride cycle.But why anyone would actually go on a ride on their own is a mystery to me.

That's when they need to introduce a free small card type thing which could be given to people who are actually on there own in the park, they then use this card to gain access to a ride which uses single rider and then the small tab with that ride's name on would be ripped off by that rides staff member. You can only use single rider if you have one of these cards. This would ensure that people visiting the park on there own get an enjoyable day out and that they don't just use single rider 30 times for each ride.

That sounds exactly how Fastrack begun back in 2002. And to be honest why should Thorpe go around building loads of new single rider pathways to the rides if 1. they are only going to be used by a minority and 2. would cost them quite a bit to do with very little benefit to the park.. unless they charge for the single rider ticket. Oh crap.. I just gave Thorpe an idea..

I did use SR more than once in a day, about 2-3, but not non stop. If I was on my own would use SR, do the ride and then wonder about for a bit doing other rides before going back later in the day.

You said you did SAW 8 times in one day via SRQ!

No sorry, mean I did it 2-3 times in a single day, doing 1 ride, going off then going back later. So 1 in morning, 1 in afternoon, and 1 at end of day.

And again, in one of your trip reports you said you rode Saw 9 times in a day via SRQ. :)Which is a bit more than 2-3 times.

So now are we randomly congratulating people for reaching 1000 posts when it doesn't even matter? Because I didn't get one ;).But yes I can remember what must be at least 5 times when people have made trip reports boasting about their stupidly high Saw ride count all down to SR.

So now are we randomly congratulating people for reaching 1000 posts when it doesn't even matter? Because I didn't get one ;).But yes I can remember what must be at least 5 times when people have made trip reports boasting about their stupidly high Saw ride count all down to SR.

Don't feel left out. I'm pretty sure you had already reached 1000 by the time I joined. :D

Ok, a trip report for yesterday the 2nd June!We arrived just at opening time, and of course everyone rushed over to ride Saw. We went the other way and managed four rides on Stealth at the front (yay for us!) We stayed over the Amity side of the park for until 11 or so, and got in another ride on Stealth at the back, as well as Rumba Rapids and Nemesis Inferno (Which has an effect working Ive never seen before!!! The smoke vent at the top of the queueline!). Oh and then Stealth again!Next Rush, with a 5-10 mintue queue or so. Rush was operationally running amazing today- I haven't seen it running so well in a loonnnggg time. Both swings were going to an exact or very similar height, and it was in sync! There weren't enough staff on the ride though and so loading took forever. Did Quantum twice, without getting off.See by now it was about half 11 or so, and some poor people hadn't even got off Saw by this point. The queue was still ridiculously long, and I never saw it less than 50 mintues until right at the very end of the day. So seriously, don't do Saw at the start of the day, there's a whole empty park waiting for you!At this point we walked over past Saw to Canada Creek (we were going to do SLammer but surprise surprise it was broken) so we rode Loggers. Then Rocky Express (twice!) then we went over to X:// which was rubbish as usual, then lunch. The afternoon consisted of two more times on Stealth, one on the front (with an ever increasing queuetime - 30 mintues it peaked at), another couple of Rush visits, a go on Slammer (finally!), another Rumba Rapids, Samauri, and because we wanted to get our days worth, Saw right at the very end of the day. I hate Saw more and more everytime I ride it, but it made the day longer.The day was surprisingly very busy, and the majority of our ride count was acheieved in the first couple of hours. It was very hot and we spent the afternoon in a very relaxed way- no rushing about, lots of standing next to Tidal Wave and a bit of arcade. All in all a fantastic day!Ride Count:Stealth: 8 (5 x front)Rush: 3Saw: 1Samauri: 1Rumba Rapids: 2Quantum: 2Slammer: 1X://: 1NI: 1Rocky Express: 2Flying Fish: 1CCR: 1Time VoyagersTotal ride count: 25Two main points.1) Slammer, although a good ride if it's working, has had its day. Get rid of the thing! It never ever ever works. I wouldn't be able to prove it, and I may be wrong, but I think its actually had more down-time than up-time this season. And even when it does work it is constantly breaking down! Yesterday it didn't open till at least 12. When it did work the loading time was even more painfully slow than usual, and I saw it broken, stuck, or running empty for tests many many times. Before people jump at me, I like the ride experience too, it's just that because it's always broken you never get to experience it! And it makes Thorpe look bad to guests because it's always roped off, or has engineers at the top. 2) Saw- I've said this before but if you want to have a good day at Thorpe, don't go on it until at least after lunch. The rest of the park is literally empty. Everything is a walk on, or no more than a minute or two's wait, so enjoy it and make the most of it! Lost City up Saw's end is a no-go until later in the day. If you want to have an even better day, don't go on Saw at all because it's awful! :lol: Cheers

Me and Rob went for a few hours yesterday, went on quite a lot considering we got there at 2!Was a good day, ride count:StealthRumbaSamurai CCRLoggers Colossus RushQuantumSAWSlammerNemmieDettyTidalXNWODepth ChargeVortexColossusSamuraiLoggersSAW (just about made it!!)So 20 rides in 4 hours! :PSamurai was pretty good with it's new settings, my legs hurt! The first time we went on was a really long cycle, but that's cos we're special :lol:X was confusing as usual, and Colossus was flying round thanks to the hot weather! I was thinking, the mist in the Inferno tunnel is cold, maybe they should put some heaters or something inside so it feels warm...like a volcano should feel! :DWas good to get on Slammer again as well.

That's an amzing ride count :lol: !and whats this about Samurai getting new settings? :D

Now the new gear box/motor or whatever was replaced has "settled in" they can run it at it's usual speed now. I think while it was new it wasn't advisable to run it at normal speed incase it caused damage/got damaged.It also does the windmill thing a lot now...although I am confused, I thought Heathrow got arsey and told them not to coz it interferred with their radar or some shizz...but hey, it's gooood! :PEDIT: It has been mentioned on SouthParks too http://www.southparks.org/index.php?showto...mp;#entry160100