Ministry of Sound @ Thorpe Park

Luke_A

Seeing as there's already 6 MoS nights planned this year, I thought a topic should be made..! (That's if there isn't one already?? Maybe move this to General Discussion if not) ;)

It's great to see these nights becoming an integral part of Thorpe's calendar!

Dates this year are:

• 12th April
  • 10th May
  • 7th June
  • 5th July
  • 27th September
  • 8th November

First up, Miami Sessions! Typical for the one that sounds most appealing to be on only a few days before I'm 18 :pardon:

ps.. If someone could embed that tweet that would be cool. Been trying to figure out how to do it but have had no luck!

Hey..

I'm new to this so please re direct me if I'm I'm the wrong place🙈

I'm just asking a few questions about minstry of sound nights, as I'm going to be going to the one on 12th April!?

We are also doing a day ticket too!?

Has anyone been before?

Best hotel to stay at?

Isit any good?

Anyone know what rides are open?

How much drinks are?

Thanks for your help :)

X

We had an official meet last year to an MOS night and all who went said it was an amazing night, the best hotel I would say is the travelodge in staines or anyone near the surrounding area as it is very cheap and I'm sure you will have a decent night. I think last year the 5 major coasters were open till 10pm with a few selected flats open as well. As to drinks cost I'm not entirely sure although this is a thorpe event so it won't be the cheapest drinks you will ever find.

Hope this helps :D

Hi char,

It is amazing, you'll have a great night. Here's a bit of a review of mine from last year, which concentrates on the music but gives an idea of the night. There are a few other reviews in the blogs and on the forums so take a look around.

-We stayed in one of the outer Heathrow hotels, Peaj will be able to remember which one. A taxi wasn't much between the five of us.

-Last year all the major coasters (and X) were open with some other random rides on occasion. We had Rush and Tidal Wave but know the support ride line up changed throughout the season, sometimes with only the coasters open I think. There were never any queues.

-Drinks wen't cheap, but not extortionate either. About £4 each I think which is the same as during the day. There's a bit of a scrum for the bar when the club first opens but after about 45 minutes it runs smoothly. I recommend picking up a couple of drinks from the bars across the park just before the club opens to avoid the bundle.

Have a great time!

Thank you for all your replys :)

I just wanted to know what you ment by theme nights? Are they all different are they?

Seeing as I'm new to this sorry I must apologise :P

I've just been looking and I think we will stay at the Staines travelodge, as there is about 7-9 of us going and need somewhere close and possibly cheapest to stay.

Also taking in what you said about the drinks we might have to have drinks elsewhere out of the park.

Also when do we find out a line up of what rides will be open etc? As the website doesn't really give much detail of what actually happens etc..

Thank you all very much! X

Last year there was 90's nights, Ibiza Club nights.

The one you are going to is the Miami Sessions night, so that will essentially be a big rave!

Here are the rest if you are interested!

• 12th April - Miami Sessions
  • 10th May - 90s Anthems
  • 7th June - Clubbers Guide to Ibiza
  • 5th July - Marbella Sessions
  • 27th September - Ibiza End of Season Party
  • 8th November - Back to the Old Skool

They all very much skirt around the mainstream anyway, so it doesn't make too much difference.

As for the drinking, I'd find it a pain to go elsewhere and obviously not be able to drive back. You get kicked out the park at standard hours closing and let back in for the club night when that opens. Although I'm sure it is strictly not allowed, if you are in a decent group having a few drinks and snacks back at the car with a few tunes on the radio can be a nice way to while away the hour or so and have a little warm up. There are quite strict security checks on the way in and I'm sure you'd get turned away if you've managed to get properly pissed before hand!

The complete line up will not be announced until the day as far as I know, as it depends on technical problems etc so things get substituted. The only thing I think you can completely rely on are the coasters, consider anything else as a bonus.

Thank you both for replies.

I can't wait now I think it's going to be a great night!

As for the drinking, we are going back to the hotel before we return back to the park. To get changed,shower, grab food etc. so will most likely drink there.

Oh that's fair enough, wish it could be sooner though :P

Also where is the actually event held? I haven't been to Thorpe park since 3years ago now!

Another question does anyone know if there is any mc Donald's around near Thorpe park/Staines travelodge?

Thanks

Char :D

I have just realised we are now staying in the heathrow travelodge.

About 16mins away from the park.

If anyone still knows of any mcdonalds etc would be helpful.

Is the dome big? I can't remember haven't been there in ages :o

I have just been looking at videos of MOS nights on YouTube and they seem to be pretty amazing.

Espesh stealth at night time, view looks awesome.

Also if anyone would know about how much a taxi would cost from thorpe park too heathrow travelodge?

All of you guys have been a great help with the information and I'm really thankful, I will also post about it after the event.

Thank you all :D:P

• 4 weeks later...

Hey! This has came round so quick whoo only few more days to go till mos!

Anyone on here going to it!?

& I mean travelodge heathrow terminal 5 Calder way, Horton road SL3 0AT (is there a mc Donald's near there)

Also I'd wise, do they I'd you on the door or when you buy drinks? As it says you need to take your id? I just don't wanna loose it to my card :(

And does any one know roughly how much a taxi would be from our hotel to thorpe park at night time, we have 10 people :)

Thank you

☺️

if they think yoy looked young enough (like you looked under 18) then yes they would ID you so bare that in mind :P As for taxi I might be over or underestimating but I would hazard a guess at about £10-£20 I would guess but then I'm not 100% sure.

Hey, thanks for replying!

Yeah I always take my id but not all of my friends always do. (Don't ask lol)

But if it's not id at the door I'm sure they will be fine, as we won't be buying drinks as we are having drinks before we go in to save money!

Yeah that's fine if it's between £10-£20 as there is 10 of us going, and it's only 14mins away from our hotel to thorpe park.

Also we don't mind if it's not walking distance we will drive, but is there any of the way up to the hotel or about 10-20mins away from there?

Also what are the ride times and opening times?

When can you collec your tickets and to go in?

Thank you all x

First up, Miami Sessions! Typical for the one that sounds most appealing to be on only a few days before I'm 18 :pardon:

Don't want to be a party pooper but the events are meant to be over 18s only....

"

Do I need to bring ID?

Yes, Ministry of Sound is strictly an 18+ event. There will be no exceptions. If you look under 21 we may ask for your ID. Driver’s licence and passports will be accepted."

from https://www.thorpepark.com/ministryofsound/

Don't want to be a party pooper but the events are meant to be over 18s only....

"

Do I need to bring ID?

Yes, Ministry of Sound is strictly an 18+ event. There will be no exceptions. If you look under 21 we may ask for your ID. Driver’s licence and passports will be accepted."

from https://www.thorpepark.com/ministryofsound/

Hence why he said it would be typical that the one he wants to do most is only a few days from his 18th so he is annoyed he cant go because of it...

Hey, thanks for replying!

Yeah I always take my id but not all of my friends always do. (Don't ask lol)

But if it's not id at the door I'm sure they will be fine, as we won't be buying drinks as we are having drinks before we go in to save money!

Yeah that's fine if it's between £10-£20 as there is 10 of us going, and it's only 14mins away from our hotel to thorpe park.

Also we don't mind if it's not walking distance we will drive, but is there any of the way up to the hotel or about 10-20mins away from there?

Also what are the ride times and opening times?

When can you collec your tickets and to go in?

Thank you all x

Staines mc donalds would be kind of on the way - if not then your looking at Heathrow Mc donalds.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all!

Just a update on MOS, it was pretty amazing tbh, no ID needed.

Straight in no que was quite good actually.

We are planning to go back on the 7th June clubbers guide to Ibiza; think this one will be very good!

I didn't go on stealth at night unfortuently but I did mange it in the day time.

Drinks was average price for a club not too cheap not expensive!

Had such a unreal time can't wait to go back! Thank you all for all your guys help and advice!

Charlotte :) :) :) x

• 1 month later...

TP facebook...

Kick start June with a buzzing night at Ministry of Sound, with KISS FM's Rickie and Melvin on the decks. BOOM!http://bit.ly/1lsXtsw

1505450_10152410658785867_42222960695744
Like · · Share · 161

I'd rather they had proper music dj's rather than these celeb/presenter types, probably be popular but like so much else it comes down to being promotable over making the best club night possible.