The insulting reward to all our commitment - RCT4

Yes. It's bad. It's ugly. It's 4 times worse then expected. I present to you, RCT4. The worst game of 2015 so far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzgAhPffWsM

This is really disappoint. I'm so done.

What's worse, is every single person in the RC simulator industry is having a go at snatching up the 10 year celebratory trophy since the revolutionary game, RCT3 was released.

Scream ride. Awesome graphics, nice game idea, but the final result is horrible. This could be so much better but the use of what appears to be poor support types, generic ride tracks and a limited track palette has cut this game down. I like the new funky park manager with an iPad tho.

Of course, there was also pantera's snatch at making it to the top of the 2014/15 sim pile. It started off so well, and then it flopped, really, really hard on it's side.

I actually personally know one of the people who helped with the beta testing and advertisement of the game, and even he is in decline of positive thoughts towards this game. It's trying to be and do too much. 

The one that's up in the air is Coaster Park tycoon. After seeing the wreck that has become the RCT franchise, the original developers, frontier, who were ditched on RCT4, came up with their own alternative: Coaster park tycoon. After scream ride, the idea is in speculation, but Frontier are saying this will be a sandbox scenario game, so we can expect something similar (and hopefully of similar quality) to those of RCT.

http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2015/01/26/original-rollercoaster-tycoon-developers-announce-coaster-park-tycoon-for-2016/131368/

And finally, the little gems in the mud. We all know of No Limits 2, it came out last year and it really is a great program. I seriosuly recommend investing in this thing, the things people on this, let alone people on this forum, is incredible.

(The very same person who helped TPS's advertising campaign created this recently, and it's one of my favourite rides in NL2:

)

Now, the one I am following very closely is parkitect. this cute little game is animal crossing meets RCT2, and my god the creators are the nicest guys. They take into account every single comment made on this forum: http://www.shyguysworld.com/index.php/topic,16879.0.html

And you can watch a video of the game here!:

(this video is quite old and huge improvements have been made to the game since)

So there you go. Atari have become lazy and really haven't been impressive recently, so we have had to turn to these other guys for our Rollercoaster fun. :)

It looks terrible!  I was hoping for it to be like RCT3 but more realistic, this looks more cartoony and less real than RCT3!

Agreed. RCT3 (in terms of coasters) relied on real manufacturers for the in-game track designs. So while RCT3 has the likes of B&M, Intamin and Vekoma, RCT4 just looks as if the track was drawn by a 6 year old and then instantly drafted to the game.

I'm curious - how did Theme Park Studio flop? I've barely paid any attention to it, apart from before it was released, and I remember it saying that there would be different versions for different prices, etc. Was it that hardly anyone bought it - because thinking about it, despite all the hype I don't think I know anyone who has? :P

TPS started off with blossoming potential which was later shattered when the game tried to secure an offer with EA. It meant rushing the alpha and over complicating the games menus and settings, ending up in the creators ditching several members of the design team and not listening to community suggestions and support. It got derailed, basically.

the graphics look so shoddy, but I don't think that trailer is an accurate representation of the final product. It reminds me of how I used to build RCT3 parks without any theming or thought into the layout of any of it, and they've just used all of the default shops. Ima wait for release.

Highly doubt it is 8 months old, especially as over that time we've had a changeover from Pipeworks to Area 52 as to the developer... Even some of the original batch of images that came with the game's announcement look better than some aspects of the trailer...

• 4 months later...

That trailer wasn't the finished game, Theres a blog from the developers on RCTWorld, there's also a forum where you can post ideas and the developers look at them and may actually use them, so if we have airgates in RCTW, you know who to credit!

...No not me, the forum.

• 5 weeks later...

ScreamRide isn't actually that bad, and RCTW looks awesome now it's done!

EDIT: Upon looking at YouTube, some gameplay from PAX has been released including some streams - one of the videos shows a B&M Hyper! We will be getting real manufacturers! Also, graphics are amazing! I'm really excited all of a sudden! I need to get my other computer fixed, pronto!

ANOTHER EDIT: Woops, my mistake, thumbnail looked like a B&M, it was in fact just generic track. Maybe we won't be getting real manufacturers after all. And I got excited. :(

YET ANOTHER EDIT: Now in a different video there's a B&M! I'm so confused right now!

I'm watching a replay of a stream, only 10 types of coasters?? So far I've heard Wooden, Dive, Inverted, Hyper and Launch.

EDIT: And stand-up.

ANOTHER EDIT: Now this guy is saying those 10 will be types of cars, for example Wooden includes Mine Train, and so on. Sounds good, if I'm right there were only four in RCT3.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...