Merlin VIP Annual Pass

AstroDan

the reason I'm a celeb had no fast track though was because it was such a bad throughput... I don't know what they did with the smiler and swarm when they opened if there was fast track straight away, I would expect WC16 to have normal fast track besides VIP's from opening.

reading through those perks of VIP's whats the golden ticket things? like is it one experience (of their choice) per passholder, or do they get to do them all, a little confused... either way I think the VIP pass is a great buy, just a shame I wouldn't have the time to use it to it's full capability, and more to the point have people willing to get one with me otherwise it limits what I can do.

Saw, swarm and the smiler did not have fastract when they first opened. There were a couple of months when it ran with out it.

Yeah, it was brilliant!

IAC seemed to introduce Fastrack after a few months despite them saying they wouldn't, as the Fastrack sign was added back on. Not sure if they actually sell it though or if it's just for VIP's.

reading through those perks of VIP's whats the golden ticket things? like is it one experience (of their choice) per passholder, or do they get to do them all, a little confused... either way I think the VIP pass is a great buy, just a shame I wouldn't have the time to use it to it's full capability, and more to the point have people willing to get one with me otherwise it limits what I can do.

Golden Tickets let you have those experiences without having to pay for them, you get two per pass and once used that's it until you renew. You can pick anything that's listed or wait for special ones to appear (I'm a celeb launch had free meal, glass of champagne etc) or if none of them take your fancy you can use them like Celebration Tickets. Celebration ticket gives you park entry and VIP fastrack for a guest (potentially worth £155ish each) you also get two celebration tickets included in the pack.

That's the downside if you're going with friends who don't have the pass you can't use it's benefits unless they buy fastrack for the day or you use the GT / CT.

Yeah, it was brilliant!

IAC seemed to introduce Fastrack after a few months despite them saying they wouldn't, as the Fastrack sign was added back on. Not sure if they actually sell it though or if it's just for VIP's.

IAC's fastrack system was a mess. They weren't actually selling fastrack, however ride priority passes, VIP passholders and disabled were all being accepted through the fastrack entrance. This meant half the throughput per hour (100pph...oh dear) was going to those going through the fastrack entrance, doubling the main queue wait time.

Was told about WC16 having a minimal waiting time (think waiting for a table at a restaurant) 

Sounds like they're gonna try and make it like Reserve n Ride only then...

Then again, I've waited 90 minutes for a restaurant once or twice, so it could be a very apt description of the wait...

Sounds like they're gonna try and make it like Reserve n Ride only then...

Then again, I've waited 90 minutes for a restaurant once or twice, so it could be a very apt description of the wait...

I would have thought they mean it would be more like Haunted Mansion at Disney, where you create a group to enter the stretching room preshow. Not an issue when busy, but it the park is quiet you might have to wait a few minutes before going in.