Parks, Rides And Coaster News

MikeC

Even Intamin themselves have been quoted as saying they possibly pushed the envelope a little far with this coaster... But if it weren't for the grey outs, it is apparently a truly amazing ride. The first drop when it opened did look insane, 305' and 93 mph - and it's been suggested that if the reprofile goes well the trims might be removed, reinstating that first drop which has been called the best of any steel coaster in the world by many people.What I'd have given to go on it when it first opened though, in all it's full on intensity... :(

People are right about Intamin and having to trim their rides, I305 on its first drop because of people blacking-out,and TH13TEEN because it has been going to fast for lift 2. - Do we ever see a B&M with trims on it's first drop; I think not. :(

Maybe not on the first drop, but there are definitely B&Ms with trims... See Silver Star and Intimidator amongst probably many of their bigger rides, I can't really be bothered to look throughly...

Maybe not on the first drop, but there are definitely B&Ms with trims... See Silver Star and Intimidator amongst probably many of their bigger rides, I can't really be bothered to look throughly...

B&M seem to add them as precautions, Air has them for example in the tunnel (however they are turned off) and all B&M's mega coasters seem to have them on inclines. Posted Image

Not to sure whats going on with the glut of B&M's at the moment but if this turns out to be true then Europe is about to get its 6th B&M inverter at Parc Asterix.Posted ImagePosted ImageIf this turns out to be true this will be the fourth B&M in two years which considering before Monster, the last B&M in Europe was Daemonen six years ago, was quite a long time ago.Still, I love B&M so I feel rather content :excl:In other news..Posted ImageEPIC WOODIE

Something strange is going down at B&M headquarters. For a few years now their designs haven't really pushed the boundaries in the way they used to. Their hypers seemed to follow the same basic set up, the inverters nearly all clones. but for 2011 and into 2012 the rides are becoming something... more. First we have a new type of Dive Machine, probably the most boring of the new rides. Next is Parc Asterix's new addition, a far cry from its generic rides. X-Raptor is definitily something a lot of people are looking forward to. it's looking stunning.The next B&M for 2011 is a flyer. Now you may think that sounds a bit of a non-story but.. well I'll let the pictures do the talking..Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageA vertical loop on a B&M flyer?!Nice to see B&M may have their mojo back...

Double Post but hey...IAAPA starts today... We may see some new concepts and maybe a few cars that may be interesting (I.e. Garda's)...EDIT - Some select photos as seen from TPR of shiny new things...New S&S train...Posted ImageManta car...Posted ImageModel of a new KMG ride "Mission Space"...Posted ImageNew seat design for KMG Fireballs and Afterburners (Vortex redo WANTS)...Posted ImageI WANT THE B&M WINGRIDER TRAIN ;)

B&M never give away anything new at IAAPA unfortunately B) The flyer at World Joyland does look stunning! The 540 degree Zero-G and fly-to-lie combi element looks amazing, and I believe thats the first double flat spin on any B&M anywhere! B&M are firmly re-asserting themselves at the top of the pile this year, good to see them back on top form! ;)

A few more images for you all...The new X-Train from Maueur...Posted ImageFunky light-up wheels...Posted ImageForumla Rossa being advertised by Intamin...Posted ImageA Zamperla Air-Race car...Posted ImageSally Corp bring a new "Scream in the Dark" thing to get bonus points on their shooters...Posted ImageEpic theme...Posted ImageMack booth (for Mark ;))Posted ImageTwist and Splash (Please Chessie, get one for the Rodeo spot)...Posted ImageThat's all for now...