Parks, Rides And Coaster News

MikeC

Fantastic podcast. John Wardley is fascinating to listen to and his appreciation for the work hes done is intoxicating. Now a days, all that is ever spoken about is the new rides. it's all new, new, new, the future.Hearing a discussion about the old Vampire, Burps Bubbleworks, Cwoa's Runaway Train, Haunted House and Nemesis reminds me of the magic that I saw in theme parks when I was a kid.Thanks for the link Sheepie, wicked.

Aw cool, glad people are enjoying it! I'm still not over it myself, listened to it three times. Lol. What I also find interesting is the collective he uses when describing about the new B&M product. He goes from talking about Nemesis, Oblivion and Air, and then goes on to say "we're now working with B&M on their next new product".I interpret that as suggesting that Alton will have another "first" B&M within the coming years. Maybe I'm over speculating, but he uses the term, "we," whenever he refers to Alton Towers. Exciting stuff.Don't forget that he is going back on the show around the time SW6 opens, obviously to talk about the new ride in great depth, but to also talk more about some of the other rides he's been involved with. Woo. <_<

Yeah, this was a great listen, and like you Sheepie, I've listened to it more than once! :DI also believe, that the way he talks about the "New" B&M, that it is destined for the Towers, or at least a Merlin Park.What could it be... :DPossibly a Sit Down Version of Vampire, if you get what I mean. <_<Where, the seats sort of rock, a combination of a 4D coaster, and swinging coaster. I wish I was good enough with paint, so I could explain through a diagram. <_<

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Well yes that was the reference; it just goes to prove even further that the animals are in distress when in such small enclosures compared to the whole of the worlds oceans.I think keeping a bird in an aviary is a lot different to keep a bloody Whale in a swimming pool!

I wonder why it happened now though, the shows have been going long enough with few incidents really? I know there have been a few before, but considering how many shows go without a hitch, it surprises me really.I do agree that the conditions they are kept in are fairly poor, but people can't expect anything else from a theme park really can they? Not every park has space for acres and acres of savannah like Animal Kingdom.

Yes the whale had been involved with fatal incidents before, but this time it is reported that the whale jumped up and grabbed the trainer by her ponytail, it is likely objects similar to the toys dogs have were used to help train the whales and the whale could have thought that was what it was.It hadn't had a serious incident for a good few years.Also, I read somewhere else, that following filming for the film "Free Willy" the whale was released, and seeked Human contact, because it coudln't get any it lost weight and in the end the trainers had to feed it until it died.This really is an isolated incident in my opinion and the shows will, sooner or later carry on as normal.

• 2 weeks later...

LEGOLAND have their 3rd new land in 3 years: Pirate Landing which is a retheme of the old piratish area with the addition of a pirate ship. One thing ive noticed about the map though - no jungle coaster... REALLY? its the most thrilling ride... I reckon they're making space for ANOTHER new land for 2011 around there. Any thoughts?