Parks, Rides And Coaster News

MikeC

In the last few days, Cheetah Hunt has completed its circuit. Here is video showing the ride testing the final launch- it will run much faster once all the calibrations are complete.

Glad to see how quiet the ride is too. I'm seriously hoping this things rides as awesome as it looks. Can't wait until August! :P

Gotta love having one main support beam.So when it shears off due to the epic stress, the WHOLE thing will come down.And don't give me that 'oh they've tested the design it'll be fine derp derp derp'You'd be surprised.

It's Intamin, I think we'd be more surprised if it doesn't kill or injure someone in it's first four months of operation...

DLRP's Big Thunder Mountain remains closed today after an accident yesterday which injured five, one seriously. From DLRP Today:

Big Thunder Mountain in Disneyland Park has been temporarily closed following an incident at around 2.50pm earlier today. An element of decorative rockwork is reported to have come loose, striking guests riding the Frontierland mine train roller coaster. Five injuries are now confirmed, including one guest “seriously” injured — a 38-year old man who was apparently struck on the head by the resin element and has been taken to Beaujon hospital in Clichy-sur-Seine (Hauts-de-Seine) with a head injury. Initial reports had suggested this was merely a precautionary measure and a spokesperson later appeared to downplay the seriousness of the injury in a statement given to the AFP, clearly stating it was not life-threatening. According to Le Parisien, his family will be accommodated and looked after by Disneyland Paris tonight and for any duration he may remain in hospital. The four other guests, with only minor injuries, were treated on the spot and returned to the park.The prop rock is said to have fallen in the final lift hill scene (“Lift C”), where the train climbs amid a simulated rumbling earthquake as the faux rockwork creaks and moves overhead. As is procedure, the attraction remains closed until further notice pending a full investigation.

I love it! The 540-degree roll is just amazing. It's like a zero-g, but the curvy twisty sexiness just keeps on coming! I mean, just look at the shape of the thing! :mellow: The lie-to-fly after the vertical loop is very cool too, as is the double corkscrew! All-round awesome imo.If the Thorpe flyer ever gets resurrected... To quote a Disney Imagineering mantra, "A good idea never dies"...