Parks, Rides And Coaster News

MikeC

Very odd that the ride ends where it does; so high of the ground and so far from the station... did the park run out of money? Could they not add in a cheeky helix or two? Or maybe a few S-hills/air-time hills back to the station and actually use up that gravitational potential for starters, and for seconds, lengthen what - at the speed of 92mph - is going to be a very short ride in comparison with it's Intamin rivals. :)

Some rides do more in 10 seconds then others do in ten minutes.

*thanI know, people always ask why queue an hour for Stealth when it only lasts 10 seconds. I never know what to say when people ask this. I suppose its just a raelly intense 10 secs :)

*thanI know, people always ask why queue an hour for Stealth when it only lasts 10 seconds. I never know what to say when people ask this. I suppose its just a raelly intense 10 secs :)

It's spelt 'really' and also please don't use shorthand, you've used its when it is either it's or it is and please use the word seconds instead of sec.Honestly, if you are going to go round correcting peoples grammar mistakes, please make sure your posts are up to scratch as well...Posted ImageAnywho, I like the look of this coaster so there ;)

Cedar Fair is set to add MORE Mondial Windseeker's to a couple of it's parks. Carowinds is confirmed to be getting one for next year and it's also rumoured that another one will either be heading to Kings Dominion, California's Great America, Dorney Park, or any of the other Cedar Fair parks that currently not got a Windseeker all have a chance of getting one. Seems like a bit of a lazy decision to some of us enthusiasts, but it's a great business decision by Cedar Fair, as the GP are sure to love it! For anyone that doesn't know, Windseeker's are currently installed at Cedar Point, Kings Island, Canada's Wonderland and Knott's Berry Farm.Posted Image

Glorified StarFlyers in my opinion...God knows if they're actually any good, but did anyone see the epic amount of warping Cedar Point's had?

High wind doesn't seem to approve of these...
Wow, broken kneecaps anyone? You'd think the arms would have something built in to stop collisions between carriages being possible?

Talking of B&M, another possible entry into the European mob next year at Mirabilandia...

Mirabilandia has launched a survey of the public to decide what will be the new name of 2012, due to the type coaster attraction - it is on rails - and is characterized by a spectacular plunge into a major altezza. Names to choose from are: * Divertical * Kingdrop * iDive * The Edge * Vertigine * ApocalisseThis communication of the park, conveyed through the newsletter and facebook:The twentieth season of Wonderland is going to a final thrilling, full of action and surprises. You reveal particular details of the great new park in the 2012 season. An incredible, new roller coaster, whose implementation might prove to be the most important investment in the history of Mirabilandia!Is not far now, and in the meantime we ask a small - but valuable - help. You choose the name of the new symbol, an attraction that will entrance in the heart, ready to give you fun and adrenaline, just like the much-loved iSpeed ​​and Katun.Before you choose any name you prefer, here are some features that will help you find the name most suitable of the proposed: * HEIGHT! Will be the highest in its class * SPEED '! You will need to hold you tight during the race * WATER! It is perhaps the most fun So ... Get ready to DIVE IN VERTICAL WATER!Click on this link and participate in the survey: https://web.questback.com/parquesreunidos/lybx8echvs/

4 new B&Ms in one year for Europe? Winning...

Surely seven worldwide in one year must be a record for them? I think the most before was six... And what's more, they ALL look epic.

[Pedantic alert] B&M have managed seven before in 2002 with Air, Batman La Fuga, Batman Dark Knight, Silverstar, Superman la atraccion de Acero, Superman Ultimate Flight and Vampire. [/Pedantic alert]Maybe it's hindsight or not, but so far the B&M offerings look very impressive. As for Miribialdia here.. I'm not so sure its a B&M. Some of the words there throw me off such as race and the water bit. If it was a B&M the text hints strongly at a dive machine but the idea of racing throws up in my head a duelling dive machine.Which sounds unlikely. So I'm veering more towards Intamin at the moment, they seem more likely to do a water/racing/high and fast kind of ride then the more practical B&M.

It sounds quite Dive Machiney to me. The vertical into water bit especially... The only Intamin I could think of doing this would be a Blitz which would be, um, pointless. I find that analysing specific wording can be misleading when it's a translation from another language anyway - the specific meaning is often lost.

Just thought - technically the new floorless Hair Raiser at Ocean Park isn't open yet, so it'll be 8. There, record ;)Also, today I found (which is quite difficult, I might add) a decent off ride and POV video of Starry Sky Ripper. I still can't believe this thing.

Cannot... Compute... Amazingness... :P I mean, that inside-out-corkscrew style lie-to-fly is insane enough, but the 540 degree roll, double corkscrew... :closedeyes: It's so good it's rude - disrespectful, even! China you don't deserve this.