Parks, Rides And Coaster News

MikeC

Bear in mind that BGW just got a 240ft drop tower from... Moser... Again a strange choice considering even my very local park, Gullivers, has a (much smaller version) of a Moser drop tower.Still, BGW have obviously been assured that Zierer will develop the goods and I'm sure they will. I quite like the idea of the parks not receiving similar attractions.

No, no! As much as I like Griffins, this is Zierer's best ride:Posted Image:blush:Interesting choice for Busch though. I hope they're able to pull it off for them. A cheaper manufacturer will possibly allow for money to be spent elsewhere, more creatively. That video on the previous page is a somewhat original layout, though I will admit it looks a little painful to ride.

Universal just finished their webcast announcement of new stuff coming to Orlando!

• The new waterpark was not announced.
  • Despicable Me replacing Neutron was announced! It'll be in 3D and will turn the audience into Minions!
  • Huge tech upgrades to Spiderman were announced! It's going HD, with new animation and some set enhancements too! The new HD projection looks stunning, here's a preview shot!
Posted ImageBoth attractions are due to be operational in 2012, but no specific date has been given.So nothing we didn't know was happening, no official word on the WonderSea project yet, but exciting nonetheless!

The new Hi Def sample looks incredible for Spiderman, loving the detail on the costume and the stars in the sky, I think this will push the ride back in front of Forbidden Journey for most immersive experience.

Despicable Me- whilst not surprising and has been expected. It's great to have it officially announced and I'm sure it'll be an awesome attraction for Universal. I hope that the ride also captures the emotion that the film does, it's definately a film with a lot of heart! :blush:

First review of Cheetah Hunt now online. This pretty much confirms my thoughts about this ride being a family attraction. A very fair review I thought. Check it out!Edit: memorable lines from the review...."Although it's not scary, it is incredibly cool. It zips smoothly at 60 mph, which is only a bit slower than SheiKra. It never loops, but there is a high heartline roll (like a corkscrew) and a 130-foot drop that can catch your breath good.""Photos and videos will be available for purchase upon exit. And although all you coaster zombies might look bored in those snapshots, the rest of us will be grinning (and purring) just fine."

Blue Peter Today: poor quality, sorry about that. Probbably best to watch it on Iplayer, but it is only available for the next 7 days. The fact that these are the top 3 new additions to the UK this year indicates what a poor year for investment it has been!

We've had ten years of very solid investment in Thorpe and Alton. I'm not complaining about the lack of investment this year at all, it've given Paultons, Drayton and Blackpool a chance to shine.

Some of the European Parks do indeed beat the pants off ours - and many in the states - in terms of experience. The likes of Efteling, Phantasialand, Europa-Park come to mind quickly - with others not far behind. However, it's not always the case. Some of the European parks look like hovels when compared to our own parks.;)

However, it's not always the case. Some of the European parks look like hovels when compared to our own parks.

Yeah, but some of our parks are no better than hovels...Nowhere is perfect, but the UK parks are very much miles behind Europe and the US in many ways...

Thanks for posting. It looks like a great family attraction. I'm not too keen on how some of those trenches are unthemed and aren't to the same standard as the rest of the ride. Bit of a shame there. Though fantastic themeing has never been Busch Garden's forte.

It does a lot, but at the same time, not a lot at all...Weird ride... I feel that it's TOO long and rather outstays itself... The pacing is weird for such a long coaster and just... Overall weirdness...It's probs great but... Really not something that I can see blowing me away...