Parks, Rides And Coaster News

MikeC

Yeah, but some of our parks are no better than hovels...Nowhere is perfect, but the UK parks are very much miles behind Europe and the US in many ways...

Thats ok for me, Europe and the US are quite big places compared to our tiny little island.

Another video from Cheetah Hunt's media previews has emerged, this time from BGT Nation. Notice the trenches have had a little work done to them and look much better... not perfect, but better. ;)

Edit: There are several videos to be found on Youtube.

The thing I love most is the huge smiles on people's faces whilst they're riding and after. Seems like a ton of fun!

• 2 weeks later...

Knoebels have just in the past few days released a 'WIP' POV of Flying Turns!

Everything about this project amazes me... The sheer difficulty in designing this thing is insane. When it finally opens about 50 years after construction started, it's going to be awesome.

It depends, as I said. Although I generally dispair at the industry in the UK compared to in Europe (due to the fact that Merlin have stifled competition), I don't think it's always a general rule. I prefer Alton Towers to PortAventura and Heide-Park, for example - but then I look at Phantasialand and Europa-Park and Alton Towers starts to pale.That said I think pretty much any park in Europe (even second-tier) beats the pants off ours in terms of entertainment! Did you see Heide's two shows? Far better than anything at our parks and Heide's entertainment was very limited for German standards, yet it still beat ours...!:)

Themed Developer Check out this photostream from this guy. He's worked with a lot of parks including Alton, BPB, Islands of Adventure, Terra Mittica, and Chessington.What I find most interesting is the work on Squirrel Nutkin Nutty and the installation of Kobra's snake. Take a few minutes to check it out though, it's pretty interesting!

1. Disney (120.6m/+1.3%)2. Merlin (41m/+6.5%)

You'll always be second Merlin... Especially as Disney are earning that much with fewer places...And FLAMINGOLAND?!!!! WTF?!Merlin you pillocks invest in Chessie and you'll have ALL your parks in the top 20...

Can't believe 1.4m people go to flamingoland - I wonder how many people out of that actually enjoy visiting the place.It'll be interesting to see the drop this year relative to last years attendance though. But it is a good set of figures for the UK!

That Bobsled looks epic Benin! They have taken the basic indoor concept of Saw, but then took it to the next level. Brilliant. ^_^Interesting on Dollywood's Wingrider. If that Coasterfusion article is true, it'll make it the biggest Wingrider in the world. Not that Dollywood ever do things by halves!