Parks, Rides And Coaster News

MikeC

By those plans I get really annoyed at the fact that, the first 'inversion' on Norwegian loops, simply isn't an inversion. You're barely at 30o.But yes that's right Adam, Intamin have had the "12-Inversion Coaster" available since they produced Colossus, but for some reason parks are more interested in the quadruple inline twist part piece that the 10-Inversion model has to offer. As for me, well this is just going overboard with the whole "inversions after inversion after inversion"-type of ride, but it's half-rescued by the fact that, if the train manages to retain a consistent speed, this track could bring in some very impressive forces.

Great news for the coaster industry and Intamin then! I suppose when Intamin come to constructing the coaster they will change a few things such as the number of supports/the positioning of them, as they have changed quite a bit from say when Colossus was built to the more modern Intimidator305 or Skyrush track/Support design... One thing I do like about the 12Inversion coaster's design is the couple of "Maverick style" airtime hills on it, these coupled along with the newer style of Intamin trains should create an awesome ride, as long as the four corkscrews don't turn out to be like Colossus' second one... :D And yay for the Norwegian Loop, they're so photogenic and awesome looking! :rolleyes:

Right well thanks to having to go out I can't link pictures or even watch the video but...Type: Steel Wing CoasterTrack Length: 3,127 feetTop Speed: 61 miles per hourInversions : FourRide Elements: Giant Loop, Zero-G Roll, Inclined Immelmann, Giant Flat Spin, Camel Back, Spiral, Eight CurveTop of Lift Height (above entrance grade): 210 feetTop of Lift Height (above station grade): 190 feetFirst Drop : 135 feetRide Duration: 2 minutes, 22 secondsPassengers per Train: 28 (seven cars, four passengers each)Seat type: Cantilevered – wing designPerhaps a bit of a waste seemingly building against the terrain so having such a lot of lift for comparatively little drop but hey, at least it doesn't have an inverted dive first drop :rolleyes: Yes Dollywood :wub:Edit:Posted Image

America's first wing coaster*

*except X / X2, which has been there for years. Just because it is also 4D that does not make it any less of a winged coaster.Does look good though.Why are they getting a taller longer coaster built in more difficult terrain for £12.4m when Swarm costs £20m (if the published costs are correct)?

*except X / X2, which has been there for years. Just because it is also 4D that does not make it any less of a winged coaster.

If we go by announcements, it's not even the 1st B&M one... Six Flags properly trolled Dollywood here :PLooks AWESOME though... Dollywood is a beautiful park with a fantastic atmosphere, I can only imagine the sort of landscaping that will go with this ride... And the rustic theming to boot...More pics!Posted ImagePosted ImagePoor Thorpe :rolleyes:

So...? So what? I was only clarifying with myself. Wild Eagle looks pretty much like your standard B&M Sit-Down model, with similar elements (loop, zero-G roll, Immelman, helices) and the only difference being you're seated on the outside of the track. Still, it looks awesome and with Dollywood's penchant for a stonkingly well-themed ride could easily overshadow X-Flight, ahem, "less-inspired" design.

I was just telling you why the height thing is slightly all over the place. Hills and valleys are everywhere in Dollywood. Hilliest park in the world it is.It does indeed share similarities with B&M Sit-Downs, but I'ven ever met one of them I didn't like. And for Dollywood it's hard to judge how much the ride will be hidden by trees until it gets built.It's all rather exciting for B&M this year. Great to see a ride type of their's become really popular in only two years of it's existence. And each one seems to bring it's own individual thing to the table. Brilliant.

Honestly though I don't know why we're comparing and saying 'oh this one is better than that one because...' (even though I've been guilty of this) because all three of this year's look brilliant. A great new product from B&M which the parks are clearly desperate to munch up quicker than they can build the things.

Dollywood-Wild Eagle construction update! (All images courtesy of/from TPR) - go and check out the full update there if you want, but here's just a few pictures. :DPosted Image^ Wild Eagles lift hill will head up this ridge.Posted Image^ The brake run will run along here, with the Station more to the left.Loads of supports up!Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageAnd finally some beautifully blue track!Posted ImageNotice the lush hilly location of Dollywood <3

Looking good. I'm very excited for the wing-rider concept. Afterall, it took years for the potential of the Flying rollercoaster and Dive Machines to be untapped. We're just seeing the beginning for the wing-rider with four very different parks taking on the challenge.For a point of reference, the Inverted coaster saw one in its first year, then 1993 saw a clone and Top Gun (Now Flight Deck). Year after saw another two Batman clones, Nemesis (you know, that world renowned rollercoaster :) ) and Raptor. Wing-riders have legs, can't wait till parks like any of the Florida parks or a tiny obscure European park tries the concept.

can't wait till parks like any of the Florida parks or a tiny obscure European park tries the concept.

Trying to think which Florida park would build one... It's tricky when only 4 parks would build a ride like that, it wouldn't fit into the Studios, so maybe Gringotts themed Indoor Wing-Rider?Busch or Sea-World could build one as well... Those would be my favourites...EDIT - It seems Warner Brothers Movie World Aussieland is getting an El Loco from S&S...http://www.parkz.com.au/forums/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=3444http://www.parkz.com.au/forums/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=3445

Don't care about the double post here, but this needs a bit more attention...Due to Hurricane/Storm Irene, two parks have been flooded in America, Knoebels and Hersheypark... It's quite bad...Posted ImagePosted ImageScary stuff... Hopefully these two will bounce back once it's sorted, so much damage can be caused by flooding...

Found a press release for it actually, it's already better than Cheetah Hunt purely for one stat... :P

WILLIAMSBURG, Va. (Sept. 17, 2011) – Busch Gardens’ officials unveiled the name of the Williamsburg theme park’s 2012 roller coaster during an exclusive pass-member appreciation event Saturday morning.“Verbolten℠ offers the latest in roller coaster technology,” said Park President Carl Lum while addressing an enthusiastic crowd inside Busch Gardens’ 2,000-seat dining facility. “When Verbolten opens in spring 2012, coaster fans will feel the exhilaration of multiple launches and a few surprises that can’t be found anywhere else in the United States.”Saturday’s announcement naming Verbolten as the Williamsburg park’s new roller coaster ended months of speculation among coaster fans who have been eagerly awaiting official news about the new thrill ride.In addition to the name, park officials unveiled a few technical details about the roller coaster and a way for fans to learn more about Verbolten over the next several months. Guests with smartphones or other Internet-connected devices can download exclusive coaster details using a unique Quick Response Code, a.k.a. a QR code.Content will be updated regularly, but it can only be accessed by reading the in-park QR code.FACT SHEET!From the moment you approach the new roller coaster, you’ll feel a sense of mystery and fun.A German tourist center serves as the ride entrance and as the launching point for an autobahn touring experience that will keep you on the edge of your seat.As you climb into your car for a scenic drive through the countryside, you’re quickly detoured into a harrowing family adventure filled with pulse-pounding excitement through the forbidden Black Forest.You’ll twist and turn your way through this epic adventure, plunging along the river’s edge.Luckily, your breathtaking ride leads you right back to the fun and the festivities of Oktoberfest.RIDE MANUFACTURER: Zierer (Deggendorf, Germany)TYPE OF RIDE: Multi-launch coasterSPECIAL FEATURES: Two launches, environmental theme elements, sound and light effects, high speed turns and an 88-foot final drop to the waterTRACK LENGTH: 2,835 feetMAXIMUM SPEED: 53 mphRIDE DURATION: 3 minutes, 25 secondsSEATS/TRAIN: 5 trains, 16 seats per trainRIDE HEIGHT REQUIREMENT: 48 inchesLOCATION: Busch Gardens Oktoberfest Village