Grona Lund is small'ish amusement park located in Stockholm which is probably the 2nd biggest park in Sweden [after Liseberg]. 

For 2017 the park will be building a giant new drop tower called Ikaros. The ride will be 95 metres tall [aprox. 311ft] and will be similar to Falcon's Fury as it will be using tilting seats. 

I think they currently have two tower type rides [one of which may be the Sky Flyer]. 

As for where this is going, it's hard to say not knowing the park but the video suggest at least one of the existing will remain. 

Despite it's relitively tiny size [somewhere around 15 acres] it does boast a fair number of coasters including a Gravity Group woodie, A Schwartkopf like Knightmare and Vekoma suspended [amongst others]. There's also a decent looking traditional Ghost Traiin, Tunnel Of Love ride and numerous flat rides. 

33 minutes ago, Matt Creek said:

I think they currently have two tower type rides [one of which may be the Sky Flyer]. 

As for where this is going, it's hard to say not knowing the park but the video suggest at least one of the existing will remain. 

Despite it's relitively tiny size [somewhere around 15 acres] it does boast a fair number of coasters including a Gravity Group woodie, A Schwartkopf like Knightmare and Vekoma suspended [amongst others]. There's also a decent looking traditional Ghost Traiin, Tunnel Of Love ride and numerous flat rides. 

Not forgetting the Zacspin.

2 hours ago, CharlieN said:

True.

Though I haven't ridden any 4d coasters, I don't think they're up to much. Are the S&S and Arrow 4Ds better than the Intamin ones?

To be honest I actually enjoyed riding Inferno (an Intamin Zacspin in Terra Mitica), I found it to be rather forceful.

• 8 months later...

I'm surprised and amazed a park like this can squeeze in another coaster given it's tiny size. Which at 15 acres makes even THORPE look massive in comparison.

Still great to see the place gain another new coaster which means Sweden would receive two B&M coasters in three years as a result. Will be interesting to see what they remove to install this.

I was going to say, a B&M was submitted quite a while ago (9 years ago actually). It followed your typical invert of that period with a swooping drop into a loop % twist element, and looked also, quite good.

__verblick2.jpg

tivoli_449.jpg

w0j9yf.jpg

A no limits player recreated the ride and named it mercury lampe if you want to look it up. Quite an interesting concept to be supported by glass like structures, and seemed to have a steam punk theme about it. I wonder what the new one is going to be like.

• 2 years later...

This shall definitely be an interesting update.

Phantasialand- We have many challenges when it comes to expansions

Grona Lund- Hold my beer!

Judging from the map, I’m guessing the buildings demolished housed former eateries and storage spaces, which I presume have been relocated whilst this mammoth construction is underway.

Perhaps they will only be able to build outside operating hours?

• 1 year later...

Not much of a construction update (though some supports and track are in place), but the new B&M Invert opening next year will be called...Monster

https://www.iaapa.org/grona-lunds-monster-sized-challenge

The park are also opening a New York themed area to go with the ride. For the time being, they also hid the main construction ares with temporary retro stalls:

image.png

Unless there’s redesign, the use of vest restraints is unfortunately imminent.

Strangely I find some better than others, like those on Valkyria and Fenix, whereas those on Banshee and Valravn are simply awful. 

It’s quite surprising really that whilst most manufacturers such as Mack and Intamin have progressed with better restraints over the years, B&M’s have potentially taken a bit of a step backwards, but that’s just my opinion.

I'm still curious to see how such a ride will fit into such a densely compact and landlocked park. Think Grona has it more difficult than Phantasialand as far as expansion is concerned.

On 8/8/2020 at 9:45 AM, JoshC. said:

Not much of a construction update (though some supports and track are in place), but the new B&M Invert opening next year will be called...Monster

https://www.iaapa.org/grona-lunds-monster-sized-challenge

The park are also opening a New York themed area to go with the ride. For the time being, they also hid the main construction ares with temporary retro stalls:

image.png

Looking forward to this immensely. I do love a B&M invert. Also hoping for the old restraint system  which are perfect for the ride type. The new ones are ride destroyers. 

• 7 months later...

I thought it was going to have 6 rows so 7 is a nice capacity boost. The swift first drop that made its debut with Oz'Iris makes me wish B&M hadn't stuck with the pre-drop for so long. I also like that big bulky support.

This should be good. Might be one of the last B&M inverters to be built as well so I hope its a good one to bow out on.