Annual Pass Price

planenut

I live very close to TP and only generally visit one other Merlin location each year, so I have a Thorpe Park Annual Pass.

I've moaned enough recently, that return day tickets have been given out for free a lot, and groaned that the Annual Pass had been offered to day ticket holders at low prices, I have just received an email. The Offer....... TP Annual Pass for £25, that is crazy, and yes I have purchased it.

I heard from management yesterday that they are reducing the amount of "fast-tracks" issued after a breakdown.

5 minutes ago, planenut said:

I live very close to TP and only generally visit one other Merlin location each year, so I have a Thorpe Park Annual Pass.

I've moaned enough recently, that return day tickets have been given out for free a lot, and groaned that the Annual Pass had been offered to day ticket holders at low prices, I have just received an email. The Offer....... TP Annual Pass for £25, that is crazy, and yes I have purchased it.

I heard from management yesterday that they are reducing the amount of "fast-tracks" issued after a breakdown.

But that is the correct use for them, when you've queued an hour for a ride and it breaks down you should be reimbursed for the time if the queue has to be evacuated.  They should reduce the quota for paid Fastracks rather than making yet another cut to guest experience.

On 8/4/2018 at 8:08 PM, Marc said:

Dishing out free priority passes for

not much is just as much of a problem as paid fastrack is!

I completely agree.  However, if you've waited a long time for a ride only to be turned away, some compensation should be offered for the lost time.

20 hours ago, Coaster said:

I completely agree.  However, if you've waited a long time for a ride only to be turned away, some compensation should be offered for the lost time.

To be honest, a fast track is a free win for merlin, it costs the company no money as a form of compensation. But ads to further problems. To be honest, a ticket to come back at park close for that ride (or equivalent announced ride) would be a more beneficial perk. As there is no knock on effect for other customers/operations.

15 minutes ago, RobF said:

To be honest, a fast track is a free win for merlin, it costs the company no money as a form of compensation. But ads to further problems. To be honest, a ticket to come back at park close for that ride (or equivalent announced ride) would be a more beneficial perk. As there is no knock on effect for other customers/operations.

What do you do if the customer isn’t staying until close? 

I do agree though free fastrack does cause issues as well. Least we aren’t at DBGT will it / won’t it open compensation levels again!

16 minutes ago, RobF said:

The problems with that are:

-You have to keep staff later, meaning you have to pay them more.

-You alienate anyone who isn't planning / able to stay till end of the day.

-You eat into the time after park close that engineers have to do daily maintenance to the ride, which could result in more problems the day after.

It does solve some issues that the current set up has, but it creates many many more.

The trouble in the past is that Priority Passes were handed out like water. This year they're more like Coke - still on tap, but hidden away and a lot more restricted.