Gardaland

• 11 months later...

*blows dust*

2019 will be the "YEAR OF MAGICKS!" to coincide with the new hotel being built, there's some new additions including what appears to be a walkthrough attraction, a new show and...

*checks notes*

A new coaster? That's very unexpected, wonder what it is.....

SEQUOIA MAGIC LOOP

giphy.gif 

https://www.gardaland.it/en/2019-year-of-magic/#

Gardaland bring back Sequoia Adventure after a couple of years being SBNO

Heide Park bring back Colossos after a couple of years being SBNO.

Alton Towers bring back the CATCF space into use after a couple of years being SBNO.

Chessington bring (back) a 3D glasses maze after a couple of years (of 3D glasses) being SBNO.

Your move Thorpe? ;)

Hahaha! Talking about Splashing Back.

Might be worth renaming this topic Benin’s thread. 

Theres a better chance of Thorpe reopening Slammer than Loggers to be frank.

In all serious, everything in the new area sounds perfectly adequate, if we can ignore that little torture device that’s ‘supposedly’ reopening. 

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Following from the successes of Legoland Water Parks at Legoland Resorts in America, Merlin are expanding the idea and incorporating the idea of a Legoland Water Park into Gardaland's resort offering:

https://www.traveldailynews.com/post/gardaland-resort-announces-the-opening-in-2020-of-the-first-legoland-water-park-in-europe

I know some people will immediately jump to the conclusion of 'this is happening because of the recent takeover'. But just to be clear: this is in no way related to the recent takeover. This has been planned for significantly longer and is purely coincidence that it's been announced now.

It's perhaps unsurprising that Merlin have decided to go down this route.

-They love IPs

-They love the ideas of resorts

-Gardaland as a resort has over 3 million visitors a year and was always 'more than a theme park' for Italians

Using Lego means they avoid using an outside IP (saves money) and introduces the Lego visitor brand to Italy (since there's no Legoland theme park or Legoland Discovery Centre). And it expands the resort offering further and differentiates them from other theme parks more.

I’m very mixed on this whole development. A water park for Gardaland sounds great as does a Legoland water park.

However having a Legoland water park in a non Lego park, I am slightly more apprehensive of as it might seriously clash with the park’s styling. Then again I suppose they now have Kung Fu Panda and Peppa Pig (2) lands so maybe it will work.

Could this mean we start to see more Legoland water parks rolled out across the world? Maybe even as standalone attractions?

Garda have planned a water park for several years, so the buyout has likely had little to no impact on the original plan.

28 minutes ago, Loggers Creek said:

I’m very mixed on this whole development. A water park for Gardaland sounds great as does a Legoland water park.

However having a Legoland water park in a non Lego park, I am slightly more apprehensive of as it might seriously clash with the park’s styling. Then again I suppose they now have Kung Fu Panda and Peppa Pig (2) lands so maybe it will work.

Could this mean we start to see more Legoland water parks rolled out across the world? Maybe even as standalone attractions?

Garda have planned a water park for several years, so the buyout has likely had little to no impact on the original plan.

Does Ferrari land seriously clash with Porta Adventura theme? I would assume they are building a mega resort to entice visitors to stay over the night.

2 hours ago, Glitch said:

Does Ferrari land seriously clash with Porta Adventura theme? I would assume they are building a mega resort to entice visitors to stay over the night.

Thing is though Ferrari is a fair distance away from the main park. Yes, you can see Red Force for miles, but it’s pretty difficult to hide a near 400ft coaster.

With Garda I get the impression they will be building this towards the back of the main park. A recent TPW vlog implies this is the way with the areas near Fantasy Kingdom. If so, this could cause some noticeable clash with theming and styles.

A water park would suit Garda, but it’s all down to the execution and presentation as to whether everything will be awesome (had to be said). 

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Confirmed to be Jumanji: The Adventure...

https://www.gardaland.it/jumanji/

With the all but confirmed nature of Chessington's new land being Jumanji themed, I'm expecting this to be a new dark ride experience.

Gardaland can ride off the IP and "world's first Jumanji ride".

Chessington can then ride off the IP and "world's first Jumanji roller coaster".

JTA.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

An article update from Merlin about the new ride at Gardaland, and the Jumanji partnership in general: https://www.merlinentertainments.biz/newsroom/news-releases/2022/sony-pictures-entertainment-and-merlin-entertainments-join-forces-to-bring-jumanji-brand-to-life/

Specific highlights:

-Merlin are working with Oceaneering on the ride
-Framework are creating the VFX
-Another Jumanji "activation" at a different theme park for 2023 (I wonder where.....)
-Possibly more Jumanji attractions at other Merlin locations
-Jumanji themed rooms at the hotel