Gardaland

Well they have 4 rollercoasters and 7 waterbased rides and numerouse shows which are all very good, I went about 3 years ago so it has proably changed a bit but there was not one thing I could pick out which was bad about the park, but the shows were seriously spectacular, from light shows to dolphin, and jousting shows! I am really hoping that after a few years thorpe will follow in its footsteps!

• 2 weeks later...

Well they have 4 rollercoasters and 7 waterbased rides and numerouse shows which are all very good, I went about 3 years ago so it has proably changed a bit but there was not one thing I could pick out which was bad about the park, but the shows were seriously spectacular, from light shows to dolphin, and jousting shows! I am really hoping that after a few years thorpe will follow in its footsteps!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And get an SLC, Screamin Squirrel, and a Corckscrew Coaster? I hope you didnt mean the coasters bit :(.

• 3 months later...

Posted Image

This Italian theme park is possibly the most forgotten of the Merlin Entertainments group, but it really is one to watch. It already has a Vekoma Suspended Looping Coaster (SLC), an S+S Screaming Squirrel (by the same manufacturers of Rush and Slammer), and a Huss Top Spin as major rides.For 2008. it is installing a SeaLife Aquarium (if all goes well, and the temporary aquarium is successful, Chessington may get one installed in 2009), and a Vekoma Mine Train, with two lift hills. The ride looks really fun, and by the looks of it Vekoma have done very well with this project. As I said, this park really is one to be watched, it has some exciting potential future developments.Picture of their new MineTrain Coaster (pictures thanks to theparks.it)Posted ImagePosted ImageCoaster Theming:Posted ImagePosted ImageNew Aquarium for 2008:Posted ImageSebastian

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I've just come back from Italy and I went to Gardaland.It's alright, got some really good rides. Time Voyagers is waaaaaaaayyyy better there probably coz it's the original.Their topspin is awful, Rameses Revenge cannot be beaten.Magic Mountain, Jungle Rapids and Fuga de Atlantide are all really good rides however Magic Mountain is a bit rough and needs Colossus Restraints as I was literally flying out.Blue Tornado again excellent ride but it hurts quite a bit.S&S Screamin Squirrel (Sequoia) is just weird, weird to watch and weird to ride, slightly uncomfortable but an interesting experience.Mammut which is the rollercoaster that is in your above pictures it reallly good, very thrilling for a family coaster.The biggest problem I have with Gardaland is the staff.What is the point of them having platformers when none of them check your bars/straps etc.I found that to be utterly disgraceful.All in All Gardaland is a good park I do recommend it but I don't rate it higher than any of the merlin parks in the UK, 1) because I'm biased and 2) because in my opinion it simply doesn't beat Chessie, Thorpe or Alton.Oh and haha Peter you do make me laugh :) thats not sarcasm btw

• 3 months later...

That's not German James :huh:This looks interesting. I'm hoping the new restraints will make it more comfortable as from what I've heard it hurts... a lot.I really want to visit this park sometime in the near future, seems to have a lot to offer showing some great rides and entertainment... and I'd love to see Time Voyagers in Italian :huh:

• 1 year later...

Well considering what Gardaland have announced today I think it's time this park got it's own little topic...Onto the juicy stuff then...Posted ImageGardaland has announced it's newest addition, which is a new B&M type where passengers sit on the sides of the track. The coaster's temporary name is X-Raptor. Some more information:- The station will be underground- 800m long track- 30m tall- 90° high speed turn- Close encounters with objects- Will go over water with special water effects added- 2 elements where passengers will feel zero gravitySo yeah... Discuss this and also the rest of the park (which has rides like Fuga Atlantide, Ramses, Mammut and a Screaming Squirrel)

Saw this on another forum earlier, it looks fantastic. Its going in the space that was occupied by that rubbish jungle cruise ride. Its quite a large space... and Gardaland has some impressive theming, so expect something good!Just to add, I love this park ;)

Without anything like a track layout or theme ideas, I'm still quite excited about this one. B&M haven't really done much recently with their rides, only upgrading the existing equipment. Music systems in headrests are nice but they aren't revolutionary. This will hopefully be a return to form and I will make the effort to get there now on the back of another B&M in Europe. ;)

• 1 month later...