Vampire

I thought it was very good at the front! ive been at the back before no-one wa filling up the back seats. so I ran and took them with my brother hehe :(. ohh and I love it at the back!

You can take the 2 back seats providing there is no one on the exit to take them.However, Usually if the Vampire is on a 3 train operation, they ask you to take the 2 seats directly in front of you only.

Once your in the station, you can queue up for any row, apart from the back two (I think, correct me if wrong).

You are correct. The back 2 rows are for Exit Pass Users only

This is wrong. Surely, with the amount of people that filter through Vampire, some normal queuers can get on the back row? It takes the biscuit.This never happened when I started going regularly back in 2003.

This is wrong. Surely, with the amount of people that filter through Vampire, some normal queuers can get on the back row? It takes the biscuit.This never happened when I started going regularly back in 2003.

This is not wrong at all!Ryan and Steve are correct.No normal queuers can use the back 2 rows unless you are an Exit Pass Holder or a Disabled Guest.The Vampire ride team usually allow people to use the back 2 rows if there is no one waiting (Exit Pass or Disabled Guests) to use the back 2 rows.This is usually allowed if Vampire is on a 2 train operation.However, If Vampire is on a 3 train operation. You are asked to take the 2 seats directly in front of you only as when there is 3 trains, the staff need to try to meet a 25 second dispatch time. There is sometimes just no time to allow 6 people through a gate at the back, whilst also meeting the dispatch time for the amount of trains in use on the track.

There was a member of staff arguing with them as I believe one of there party was to small for the ride and we were told to fill the back row instead of someone else from the exit pass line weird. :)

Probably to save time.If the Ride Host was arguing with someone in the Exit Pass Queue and the gates were still open. They probably thought it was easier and more benefitial (sp?) to fill another two seats to try and reduce the queuing time.This way, the normal queue is being reduced, and the ride host is still having a debate with the exit pass person! :)

I went on the back row on my second ride on Vampire, there was a queue on the other side, but the ride host made no attempt to stop us going there. It's not like I was going there because I wanted them specifically, it just happened that there were 6 people in the end loading gate, and the four in front of us left the back two seats for us! I had no idea that the back two rows were reserved.

I meant, this is wrong as in it shouldn't happen at all! It shouldn't work like this!

To be honest, I agree, I would love to be able to ride at the back more often and if you think about it, it would make sense to put the disabled guests further forward in the train in the middle. As with most rides I assume the back gives the more intense ride and could cause a problem, very unlikely though.Edit: Fixed, thanks for pointing that out Paul, I don't see how that happened! :)

To be honest, I agree, I would love to be able to ride at the back more often and if you think about it, it would make sense to put the disabled guests further forward in the train in the middle. As with most rides I assume the back gives the more intense ride and could cause a problem, very unlikely though.

Bit of a random quote, eh' James? :)

I personally think it is good how the seating is done on Vampire.To be fair, If there is no Disabled or Exit Pass Holders, and Vampire is on a 2 train operation, You are allowed 6 through the 3rd to back gate!Also, Another way to look at it is that if you were Disabled; Would you like to be struggling down the platform? :) If they can be put onto the back with as little stress as possible, then I definately approve of the current system on Vampire.

They are put on the back because if the ride was to break down at any time with the trains on the lift sections, they are the first section to be evacuated as they may not understand a break down or are likely to have the most distress and so would be the first people taken off the ride. It has nothing to do with the ride being less/more intense on the back rows. The same procedure happens on Nemesis Inferno, Nemesis and Air.

I didn't realise just how close the cars/ bottom wheel things got to the ground!Chessington FacebookAlso makes me think how awesome it's gonna be a Halloween Hocus Pocus :PVampire rocks :P

Whether thaey are going to do it this year or not, I don't know but...Last Halloween Hocus Pocus; Vampire had lighting around the ride.I will probably be the only one who did not really like it.Somewhere on You Tube is a video of Vampire with no lighting apart from in the tunnel and it looks "fangtastic!" :PI find the lighting ruins riding Vampire at Halloween a bit as the name Vampire sort of relates to the colour black.(Just my personal opinion though).James - It does feel that the wheels on the bottom of the train go incredibly close to the ground!I remember the first time I wrode Vampire; I felt as if my legs were going to be snapped in half!That is how close to the ground I felt!(And I also agree with the Vampire rocks. :D )

Ha :PAs you say I can imagine flying through Transylvania and through the trees is a much better experiance when most of it's in the dark but either way I can't wait to ride it in the dark this year.In the queue you can notice how close it gets to the ground on the bit before the turn before the 2nd lift. :P

• 2 weeks later...

In my opinion, Today Vampire's Music in the station was the loudest I've heard it. The station was buzzing :blink:Such a good atmosphere.

As you were the rides manager for the day at Chessington! :blink:I find that the music sounds louder on the exit side of the platform, than the actual entrance side.Were you on the exit side of the platform James?Magrathea - I totally agree! I would love to hear the Vampire music giving people a fright during their wait until they board! :blink: