Fright Nights 2023

Tatum-Riley

The park have confirmed some details about Fright Nights maze tickets for this year's event:

-There will be 3 paid-for mazes again this year.
-You can either book an afternoon slot (3pm-6pm) or evening slot (6pm-9pm) for mazes
-Afternoon slots for the Terrifying Frio package cost £24 (£19.20 with passholder discount)
-Evening slots cost £30 (no passholder discount available)
-An "unlimited" Passholder maze ticket is available, priced at £99 and valid for all of Fright Nights and all mazes

The afternoon/evening slots definitely reflect the demand of the mazes. For one reason or another, people always do the mazes in the evening, even if they're indoors and don't suffer from light bleed. That always led to the mazes being significantly busier in the evening, and causing many issues. Hopefully this helps spreads the crowds. Also nice to see that the afternoon slots represent a decrease in price compared to last year's prices.

The unlimited pass for Passholders is a nice idea too tbf.

The unlimited pass is good value if you compare it to the terrifying trio bundles as it’s about 3 of them.

Did I buy it 3 times last year? No, it handy to have the opportunity if you really want to go and do the mazes over and over again. I wouldn’t ever do the mazes more than once each year.

The variety in the mazes isn’t there, there’s only 3 mazes. IMO doing each maze 3 times would start to get boring after that. I also don’t think I’d go enough, I live 50 mins away and love fright nights. I’d go once every weekend and I don’t think I’d be going enough for it.

It’s also for 3pm-6pm, the pass which you do pay a lot of money for, you can’t even use past 6pm. Start fright nights in September and I can see real value in it, but it’s the same price as an annual pass .

New Instagram post from Thorpe seems to confirm Survival Games and The Crows will be back. Also the chainsaw wielding figure would suggest the buckwheats will be back in some fashion.

Last year teasters were dropped from the 8th of August, so hopefully expecting something this week!

I’ve noticed a few hints from Thorpe about what the potential new maze is going to be themed to and I am pretty certain it’ll be a toy shop or toy factory theme. 

Hopefully they try and create something brand new and don’t just scatter a load of old theming around like they did in the Dead End scare zone a few years back. 

I do feel like Thorpe aren’t particularly scary with their themes anymore. I don’t want to keep dwelling on the past but we’ve had some excellent and truly scary themes in previous years, however it seems as though they are catering to a perhaps younger teenage market now. 

There’s no gory mazes any more, I don’t think there will be.

I think the new maze will be a shipping container maze where the new picnic area is or near tacotaria express. ‬

‪It can be built off site and put into place with little to do on location. It also provides an indoor maze without the cost of a building ‬

I don’t know about that, I think they would want to keep the crows in the same area as it works so well in my opinion.

If they’re gonna use that space the park probably has 3 options.

1) Move the crows to a different location and put the maze there

2) Make the new maze themed around the crows and keep the crows there and use it as a build up scare zone for the maze too

3) Shorten the crows scare zone and put the maze there too 

2 hours ago, JackJRDN said:

New Instagram post from Thorpe seems to confirm Survival Games and The Crows will be back. Also the chainsaw wielding figure would suggest the buckwheats will be back in some fashion.

Last year teasters were dropped from the 8th of August, so hopefully expecting something this week!

I wouldn't use that picture as a means of confirming what is and is not returning. They have used that image all season, and it is just a visual made by Jack Silkstone (for the park of course) using existing images. 

I expect the new maze will use shipping containers. They have used them for Survival Games, and they looked into using them for Trailers. They have lots of positives and can be placed in several places across the park, giving more flexibility for the park.

£10 a run through, with no discount for the beloved annual pass holders, is a rip off.

And that's from someone who's never held an annual pass in their life #FakeFan.

It's just too much money for your one and only runthrough to be ruined by absolute cretins (Tulleys now 16+...)  and/or not enough actor interaction.

I know the days of non-upcharge mazes are long gone but I begrudge it. However, all that said, fair play on afternoon runs being cheaper.

Also just seen this tweet:

As well as quite a handful of others referring to the third maze as an 'experience'. I find it especially odd considering it says "Enjoy three scare mazes including one brand-new experience! 😍" - Do we think it's just strange wording, or could there be a slight twist on the new attraction for this year?

I really hope it's unique in some fashion - the same copy pasted mazes year in, year out gets a bit tiresome.

Must be strange wording, however I do miss the days of 2020. They really had to push the boat out and be creative with the attractions and also create genuinely good scare zones.

we need more zones like the crows was last year. Stuff with scares, not interaction. Birthday bash and amity was all about the interaction. I want it to be creepy and scary not sarcy.

I’m don’t think the all day pass is worth it really. I know I could have got lucky but when I was at thorpe park last wednesday the person on the door of Bozos allowed us to do the maze 4 times on our tickets (there were 2 of us, we had one ticket each).

The people running the maze don’t care enough to stop people going in again, meaning the more expensive ticket to allow you to go in multiple times isn’t worth it.

image.thumb.png.a70fc22af59f8cb92e69f4d8e263a57c.png

Defo seems to have just been strange wording about the ‘new experience’, but at least this gives us confirmation that all three mazes will be indoors!

That’ll be Trailers, Survival Games and a brand new attraction.

I’ve said it before, but I really hope this is the final year of Trailers - especially in its current incarnation. I wouldn’t be opposed to a re-theme inside and them still calling it Trailers (as a cinema attraction they should’ve been replacing these ‘scenes’ every year anyway imo), but it’s getting very old and tired now.

4 minutes ago, Tatum-Riley said:

I would love them to maybe add a Creek Freak Massacre room to Trailers now that the maze has left the park. Would be a nice nod to all the fans of the maze especially as it’s definitely not returning.

I would love this too. Even a Platform 15 room would be good.

I have spoken with people at the park about this, and suggested explicitly a CFM room, especially since it would then lend itself to having a chainsaw ending for the maze (one of the Creek Freak characters spilling out at the end). Apparently it's been looked at, but with the way Trailers was built, a H&S sign off on a chainsaw is apparently trickier than previous incarnations of that maze space.. A shame if they can't manage it.

That is sad that they can’t have the chainsaws in the maze however I still think it would give Trailers a bit more longevity to include other mazes and make it less repetitive. I have done it once every year it’s been at the park and it is getting a bit stale. Would love to see it after the big top themed room so the transition between scenes is so striking. Or maybe it could replace the Hell Cell room as I feel like that’s one of the weaker ones.