Sparkle Project

Mattgwise

11 hours ago, Inferno said:

I wonder if they're going to put a screen up and show the football over the coming few weeks maybe?

(grass is footbally isn't it?)

Good guess! On park now and they’ve put a big screen up, a bar and a Ben and Jerry’s stall.

IMG-8675.jpg

Edited by Cal
Attached photo

• 1 month later...

Not sure how many were in it, but Thorpe have today announced they will be closing the passholder group on Facebook as in their words 'regrettably, we no longer feel that the group is serving its intended purpose.'

Big shame. I always thought it was a great way to see updates which the general public wouldn't necessarily be interested in, and also a great way for them to get and interact with feedback. 

I did notice since Hyperia had opened it had been a lot less active, with them replying to less and less comments etc..

2 hours ago, Benin said:

Probably just not getting the traffic/clicks anymore now that Hyperia is open and there's very little behind the scenes stuff really going on that they can't just post on their usual socials.

Yeah, I think this is the main thing.

The park said they were going to do an announcement about the group after Hyperia's opening day, but then the issues started with Hyperia and it took a backseat. 

The group was primarily focused on sharing updates that the wider audience wouldn't be interested in with those who would be. It works during the winter. It worked during Hyperia's construction. But now, there's nothing to share really.

The group also was a way to get feedback from Passholders, which was also a mixed bag. I imagine the issue is that now the park post operational updates (ie when Victory Plaza opened) or asking for speculation (eg about Fright Nights), and these invariably lead to complaints. I imagine it gets tiresome to hear the same complaints a lot, especially when they didn't plan for it to be like that...even if those complaints are fair. People also became a bit rude at times. When the people running the group were literally running it at any and all hours, it probably was a bit much

The group has served its purpose for now. They're not deleting it, it just won't be active any more. It's a shame as there's a loss of direct contact to the marketing team, who are actually in a position to action certain issues that guest services can't, but it's time to stop it. Would be good to see it return each winter though

I must admit I’ve always thought it was a bit weird, a big brand like that running a closed Facebook group of all things, for pass holders only.

Theres really no need for it.  Yes, updates are great, but the same can be achieved in other ways, and they can include non pass holders too.

Giving customers direct access to departments is also far from ideal.  Really everyone should be going through the same channels for everything to start with. It’s just the way the world works, and it’s better for both staff and customer if done well.