Rant

Theme Park bloke

Our Leisure and Tourism class were supposed to be going to Thorpe Park tomorrow and our teacher decides to cancel it today. Why? Because 4 people out of 20 don't want to go, which annoyed the heck out of me and my friends. They said they didn't want to go because '£41 is a pathetic price to pay'. Well, if you didn't spend so much money on booze, ciggys, designer clothes, hair dye and make up, then it wouldn't be so pathetic. So we were in tutor today (our teacher is also our tutor) and she asked us if we had our permission slips and we said yes and then a few minutes later she says I don't think we're going anymore. And we're like okay...So at break we ask her if it has been cancelled and she says she's going to speak to Mrs Church about it and she'll tell us later. She never comes to find us during lessons 3 and 4 so at lunch me and my friend Jodie go to find her and we ask her what's happening and she says it's being cancelled and she was sat with Mrs Church and she goes yes, we're just discussing it now.She didn't bother to send us a note about it and we think she hasn't bothered telling any one else about it. So people are gonna turn up at 7:20am tomorrow and find we can't go. and we've been looking forward to it for weeks now and to be given two days to give the money in really annoyed me.And we only get to go to theme parks twice a year cos there are no decent theme parks close to Bristol. And I was wondering whether it's worth meeting my friends tomorrow and going down in the morning to see whether it is on, but I don't want to have to wake up at 5am to be turned away.And to make matters worse, we have L&T lesson one and two tomorrow, so we're going to end up doing work which really isn't fair.I just want my money back :P

I totally would take the train, but then it would cost £40 just for the ticket!And it closes in 5 days and she wouldn't take us. So now we're going to have to wait till next year for the trip :P And we were supposed to go to Alton Towers, which the chavs just love, but the teacher hurt her back and finds walking long distances hard and Thorpe is easier for her apparently. I reckon that's the excuse we're going to be given and we'll be made to feel guilty. She always goes on about herself and her weight. I know I sound really mean but we were looking REALLY forward to going and to be told the day before that it's been cancelled annoys me. And the chavs all wanted to go the Alton Towers, but we went in July and it was packed and it put me off going again. But it annoys me cos if they had to be £40 for that, they'd end up paying it but cos they can't get their own way, they don't pay meaning we all have to stay behind.Just a little peeved at my teacher :P

That's exactly what I said to my friends. She'll use her back playing up as an excuse, which is slightly pathetic.There's plenty of business teachers who could of taken us.And it's going to help us with our coursework (we were supposed to have a speech on Marketing), and if it were that important, she'd make sure we'd go.And it would be easier for her to managed as it would a group of 16.I just want my parents to get their money back. :P

Seb , you are the ultimate rebel.Gah , anyone else hating school at the moment?With the exception of Phill really everyone at school drives me crazy! Since people left for college and jobs there are few of my friends left . The only people left are completely engrossed in themselves and flirting with girls that clearly have boyfriends rather than talking to their true friends. They completely cut me out of parties , talk over me when I am speaking and are generally chauvinistic silly billies!I am really loathing sixth form due to the sheer fact that inbetween lessons I rarely have anyone to talk to . I think the transition to the senior school has completely gone to their heads and they think there are clearly really mature and cool . For instance getting drunk at parties and ending up getting stitches on their neck as they were trying to shave drunk....too impress a girl!I feel completely lost because sixth form is rubbish , I have no January exams which means when I have my only exams in the summer I have one chance to pass! After that it is just another year of suffering JUST to get to uni to ATTEMPT my degree so I can HOPEFULLY get my dream job as a journalist.ARGHHHHHhaha

Also, you tend to start paying interest on a Student Loan when your income hits a certain level anyway. It's always good not to be saddled with the extra debt.That said, Uni is one of those life experiences you can only really get once, so if you have the opportunity to do it you certain should, I feel.

You don't pay interest on a student loan when your income hits a certain level. When I got my student loans statements through at the end of every academic year you start paying interest on the amount of your loan as soon as you take it out, yet its at the same rate of inflation so not a lot. You begin repaying your student loan when your income hits £15,000, but if you took out a loan from 2006 onwards your loan amount will automatically be written off in 25 years. Yeah I'd second that, I hated school, then enjoyed college and then went onto Uni and had a fantastic time....it definitely flies by and is good to mix with so many different kinds of people from all over!!

Ah my mistake, thanks for the correction! :PI have all this Uni business to look forward to for next year... hopefully!

Right, time for another rant:I hate nosy drivers. Being a pedestrian as well as a driver, I walk here, there and everywhere. And it really does get on your tits when your typical white van man driver will look at you like filth when he's driving past you. They like stare at you for 5 seconds flat, not concentrating on their driving, and this is when they don't even know you. Or even if you have stopped to tie your shoe lace up or something, they're still nosy and have a good stare! If they give me a look like that and have their window open, I tell 'em where to get off.Another thing that annoys me is speedy drivers who will come towards you at a dangerously high speed when you're crossing a road. They even do it at lights and don't slow quick enough, even though they eventually do stop in time. Sometimes I walk across the road slower than I generally walk, just to annoy the speedy drivers.I don't rush across a road for anyone, cars, vans or HGV's.