Europa Park

MikeC

• 1 month later...

With not long now till our trip I was just wondering if anybody knew which rides have On-Ride photos and videos on them?

On Ride Photo's (priced approx. €6.00):Tirol Log Flume (Austria) - 6 people per photoBlue Fire (Iceland) - 2 people per photoFjord Rafting (Scandinavia) - 6 people per photoEuro-Mir (Russia) - 2 people per photoPoseidon (Greece) - 8 people per photoPegasus (Greece) - 4 people per photoSilver Star (France) - 8 people per photoMatterhorn Blitz (Switzerland) - 4 people per photoOn Ride Videos (priced approx. €12.00):Dwarf City (Enchanted Forest)Matterhorn Blitz (Switzerland)Euro-Mir (Russia); Rear car in each train only.Blue Fire (Iceland)I hope you have a great time!

On Ride Photo's (priced approx. €6.00):Tirol Log Flume (Austria) - 6 people per photoBlue Fire (Iceland) - 2 people per photoFjord Rafting (Scandinavia) - 6 people per photoEuro-Mir (Russia) - 2 people per photoPoseidon (Greece) - 8 people per photoPegasus (Greece) - 4 people per photoSilver Star (France) - 8 people per photoMatterhorn Blitz (Switzerland) - 4 people per photoOn Ride Videos (priced approx. €12.00):Dwarf City (Enchanted Forest)Matterhorn Blitz (Switzerland)Euro-Mir (Russia); Rear car in each train only.Blue Fire (Iceland)I hope you have a great time!

Thanks AstroDan, I thought you might be able to help. Thanks for all the info, we may need to buy a few photos when we are over there then. :) The rides with On Ride Video seem quite random, what is Dwarf City? I don't think I have heard of that one before?

Have you seen the on-ride videos? The quality is the best that Ive seen on board any roller coaster. Even the audio is recorded, which makes for quite a giggle!DVD extras such as the ride TV spot, a time-lapse of construction and a front seat POV.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzQJPiR_V-I&feature=youtube_gdata_playerBlue FIre is an amazing air-time filled ride btw! Look forward to riding Sea World San Diego's next year, to see what else they get from Mack.

Thanks AstroDan, I thought you might be able to help. Thanks for all the info, we may need to buy a few photos when we are over there then. :) The rides with On Ride Video seem quite random, what is Dwarf City? I don't think I have heard of that one before?

Dwarf City is a kids ride, so actually you won't be able to ride. They added On Board Video for 2011 to it as they have brand new ride vehicles and it's part of the new Enchanted Forest area.EP also do the PhotoBook - which you can look at details of on their website.;)

• 2 weeks later...

We went to Europa Park last week and what can I say, the park was amazing, just wow! We will definitely be recommending it to friends & family and can't wait to go back.Planning to do a trip report soon, complete with Food Loop pictures! :blush:

I await your trip report. Europa Park really is sublime and we're lucky to have it relatively close to the UK. :)

I'm starting to seriously look into planning a Europa Park trip. I'm fed up of the rubbish the UK has to offer.The problem is though, I don't really know where to start. I wouldn't know the best way to travel, where to stay, where to buy park tickets and all the general things in order to get the trip organised.I wouldn't go until next year, but I'd like to start seriously looking into things now. Any advice guys? :blush:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OMG!I am so excited! This is TOTALLY out of the blue! Quite literally, the most unexpected announcement I can recall. I was - and I think I speak for most EP Fans - expecting some form of tower drop ride. This blows this out the water!The hotel for 2012 is €35m (£30m)Rides expense for 2012 + 2013 is €50m (£43m)Gotta love EP. Way to go!:lol:

Indeed. Specs:Name: Top SecretConstruction Period: 9 months from todayArea: 1.6 hecLength: 1050metresHeight: 35 Meter (115')Speed: 100 km/h (63mph)Max G Force: 3.5GMin Height: 1.20 MetreManufacturer: Great Coasters International, Inc (GCI)Capacity: 18,000 guests a day (circa 1,800 per hour) - how is this possible I am asking, given that Troy gets less than 1,000.The second tallest and second fastest GCI built.:lol: