Europa Park

MikeC

• 2 months later...

Unfortunately another Fire has broken out at Europa Park. 

I wonder if Piraten In Batavia has been da again? This time the Fire started in the Austrian Section of Europa Park I believe this section is adjacent to the Scandinavian area where Piraten In Batavia is located.https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=newssearch&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjku6eO-c__AhVIh1wKHXZKD6IQxfQBKAB6BAgNEAE&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2Fnews%2Farticle-12211285%2FHuge-fire-breaks-Germanys-biggest-theme-park-after.html&usg=AOvVaw16FKoKiY98A2PwDoRKLh_x&opi=89978449

The Austrian section is nowhere near the Dutch one; neighbours the Spanish area.

The Flume, AlpenExpress & Diamond Mine are the main victims, belief is that it broke out in one of the technical backstage areas of the Mine. Some of Spanish buildings also bore the brunt. Fortunately the fire was seemingly contained and didn't spread too far. Pics from inside the building below (TW for destroyed Log Flume).

However park reopens today. Tweet from Michael Mack shows some damage.

Troublesome though. Might not be so lucky if it happens again.

Sad to see Europa is once again victim to another major fire. Kudos to everyone involved and lucky to see no one was hurt. 

The diamond mine was one of the best hidden gems of the park so is naturally devastating to see this place decimated like this. Not to mention the severe damage to Alpen and the flume. 

I have every faith the park will rise from this, as previous times have shown. But as to whether they fully restore (with updated elements) or change things completely, we shall have to sit back and see.